Telecommunication - Service Provider
|Market Cap||5,51,542 Cr||EPS||13.9||High||927|
|Stock P/E||66.0||Net Profit Margin||2.5||Low||918.6|
|Market Cap||5,51,542 Cr||ROE||5.5%|
|P/B Ratio||6.9||Dividend Yield||0.4%|
|Industry P/E||58.8||Book Value||133.4|
About the Company
Bharti Airtel Limited is domiciled and incorporated in India as a public limited company with its shares being listed on the National Stock Exchange and the BSE. The Company is principally engaged in provision of telecommunication services in India. The company provides telecom services under wireless and fixed line technology, national and international long distance connectivity and Digital TV; and complete integrated telecom solutions to enterprise customers. All these services are rendered under a unified brand ‘airtel’. The company also owns Tower Infrastructure pertaining to telecom operations through its subsidiary and joint venture entity.
Business area of the company
The company is a leading global telecommunications company with operations in countries across Asia and Africa. The company ranks amongst the top 3 mobile service providers globally in terms of subscribers. In India, the company's product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce, fixed line services, high speed home broadband, DTH, enterprise services including national & international long distance services to carriers. In the rest of the geographies, it offers 2G, 3G, 4G wireless services and mobile commerce.
Business Divisions/ Products & Services
- Mobile Services: The company offers postpaid, pre-paid, roaming, internet and other value added services.
- Homes Services: The company provides fixed-line telephone and broadband services for homes.
- Digital TV Services: Direct-To-Home (DTH) platform offers both standard and high definition (HD) digital TV services with 3D capabilities and Dolby surround sound.
- Airtel Business: The company is India’s leading and most trusted provider of ICT services with a diverse portfolio of services to enterprises, governments, carriers and small and medium business.
- Tower Infrastructure Services: The company’s subsidiary, Bharti Infratel (Infratel), is India’s leading provider of tower and related infrastructure and it deploys, owns & manages telecom towers and communication structures, for various mobile operators.
Airtel Payments Bank:
- Airtel Payments Bank is a differentiated bank that provides essential financial services to its customers.
- Voted India's most innovative company - in a survey conducted by The Wall Street Journal in 2008.
- Winner of the ‘Gallup Great Workplace Award’- Gallup Consulting, 2008.
- 'Best Content Service Award' for its Farmer Information Dissemination Platform for Bharti Airtel’s joint venture with IFFCO, IKSL (IFFCO Kisan Samachar) - World Communications Awards 2008.
- ‘Best Project Management' Award for its Gujarat e-GRAM project - World Communications Awards 2008.
- ‘Best Telecom Company’ at the NDTV Profit Business Leadership Awards.
- Best Carrier India for innovative products & services and efficient cost models and the Ovum Telco-Transformation award recognizing philosophy and execution of a successful outsourcing strategy at the Telecom Asia Awards 2008.
- Bharti Airtel rated as India’s Best Enterprise Connectivity Provider for 2009 at the Annual Users’ Choice Awards instituted by PC Quest.
- Bharti Airtel has been recognized as the Best Global Wholesale Carrier for 2009 at the Telecoms World Awards Middle East by Terrapin.
- Airtel was rated as the ‘Strongest Brand’ in the Economic Times Brand Finance Brand Power Rating 2009. It is the only Corporate Brand to be awarded the AAA rating
- Airtel ranked second in the Economic Times-Brand Equity Most Trusted Brand Survey 2009.
- Bharti Airtel ranked India’s second most valuable company, by Business Today in 2009.
- Bharti Airtel listed in Forbes Asia’s Fabulous 50 companies, 2009 on number sixth position.
- Bharti Airtel was recognized as the ‘Service Provider of the Year’ and ‘Wireless Service Provider of the Year’ at the Frost & Sullivan Asia Pacific ICT Awards 2009.
- Bharti Airtel bagged the Best Carrier India Award and the Ovum Telco-Transformation Award at the Telecom Asia Awards 2009.
- Bharti Airtel was ranked sixth among the top 100 best performing technology companies in the world, compiled by BusinessWeek for the year 2009. The company is placed ahead of global technology leaders like Apple (19), Microsoft (22) and Google (37) in this exclusive list.
- Bharti Airtel was selected as one of the top 10 winners of the IDC Enterprise Innovation IT Awards 2009 across APAC region for its BSS Transformation Project.
- Bharti Airtel received the ‘Best Content Service’ Award for the airtel-IFFCO Farmer Information Dissemination Platform at the World Communications Awards in London.
- Bharti Airtel has been recognized as the Best Global Wholesale Carrier for 2009 at the Telecoms World Awards Middle East. Telecoms World is one of the flagship annual awards by Terrapin, one of the leading business media organizations for international telecom carriers and service providers.
- Bharti Airtel’s low cost computing device airtel Net PC was recognized by Hindustan Times as one of the ‘Top 9 Best Tech Products of 2009’.
- Bharti Airtel has been ranked among six best performing technology companies in the world by Business Week. Bharti Airtel was awarded the Most Preferred Cellular Service Provider Award at the CNBC Awaaz Consumer Awards 2009.
- Airtel has won the 'Most Preferred Cellular Service Provider Brand' award at the CNBC Awaaz Consumer Awards in Mumbai. This is 6th year in a row that airtel has won the award in this category. This year, the awards were based on an exhaustive consumer survey done by The Nielsen Company. Over 3,000 consumers, spanning 19 cities and 16 states in India, rated brands across different categories to choose brands which delivered true value for money.
- Bharti Airtel has received the prestigious Businessworld-FICCI-SEDF Corporate Social Responsibility Award 2009-2010. The FICCI Socio Economic Development Foundation (FICCI-SEDF) and Businessworld CSR award was instituted in 1999 to recognize exemplary responsible business practices by the Indian industry.
- Bharti Airtel was conferred two awards at the prestigious NDTV Profit Business Leadership Awards 2011 organized in Mumbai in 2012. Airtel was awarded the Business Leader Award in Telecom Sector for exceptional contribution to the industry. Mr. Sunil Bharti Mittal was awarded the 'Corporate Consciousness Award' for his relentless pursuit of excellence which has helped in fueling India's journey to the forefront of the world economy.
- Awarded the Telecom Center of Excellence Award 2011 for Operator with Customer Focus and Best Network Quality in December 2012.
- Organized by the National HRD Network, Bharti Airtel bagged 'The Most Impactful HR Practise Award for the 'use of mobile technologies for employee services' in 2011.
- Bharti Airtel Limited bagged the SSON excellence award under 'Excellence in Culture Creation' category for its Airtel Center of Excellence (Finance, HR, RA and SCM Shared Services) in 2011.
- Bharti Airtel Shared Services Team won two awards in categories of Value Creation and Innovation & Improvement at the SSON (Shared Services & Outsourcing Network) Excellence Awards 2012.
- Bharti Airtel won four Effie awards at the Effie Awards 2012. Airtel's extremely popular 'Har ek friend zaroori hota hai' campaign conceptualized by Taproot India, stood out as a campaign amongst all nominations, winning three Gold Effie awards. Apart from a Gold in the 'Telecom & Related Services' category, the campaign won a Gold each in 'Digital Advertising' and 'Integrated Advertising'. Bharti Airtel also won one Silver Effie award for its 'Baat sirf paison ki nahin hai' campaign for airtel money in the telecom category.
- Bharti Airtel won the QuEST Forum India Quality Award for the Top Telecom Service Provider. QuEST Forum is a unique collaboration of information and communication technologies (ICT) service providers and suppliers across the world, dedicated to improving operational and supply chain quality and performance.
- Bharti Airtel was felicitated for 'Best Mobile Service Provider' and 'Innovation in mMoney' at Aegis Graham Bell Awards held on November 1, 2012. The Aegis Graham Bell awards honor the best innovations in the field of TIME (Telecom, Internet, Media & Edutainment) recognizing the most exceptional contributions in the respective fields.
- Bharti Airtel was awarded the 'Brand of the Year' at the CNBC TV18's flagship initiative, the India Business Leader Awards (IBLA) for its Har Ek Friend Zaroori Hota Hai campaign. The IBLA Brand Of The Year Award seeks to recognize a brand mass media/ communication campaign based on its key message, popularity amongst the target audience and impact on the brand.
- The Airtel Centre of Excellence (ACE) received the 'Excellence Award for Shared Service Centre Operations in India' in the 2nd National Shared Services Council by All India Management Association and Delhi Management Association in recognition of their outstanding efforts to identify key strategic drivers and implementing them to deliver value to all stakeholders.
- Bharti Airtel won the highly prestigious Porter Prize in the 'Exploiting Trade-offs' category. The Porter Prize Awards, named after Professor Michael Porter - the father of modern strategic field, are the most coveted awards in the field of strategy and competitiveness. The award recognises and honours Indian companies which have embraced the best strategic management practices.
- Bharti Airtel Sri Lanka bagged a silver at the prestigious HRM awards. Airtel Sri Lanka was recognized for their HR practices by HRM awards.
- Bharti Airtel won the Star News Viewers Choice Best Mobile Network, Best Quality Mobile Network Service Provider, at the 6th National Telecom Awards 2012 hosted by CMAI in May 2012.
- Bharti Airtel won 5 awards at the Telecom Operator Awards 2012, announced in March 2012 by Tele.net . Airtel bagged the 'Best National Mobile Operator', 'Best VAS Provider', 'Best Enterprise Services Provider', 'Best Ad Campaign by an Operator' and 'Most innovative Solution' for airtel money.
- Bharti Airtel won the 'Enterprise Telecom Service Provider of the Year' Award at the 2013 Frost & Sullivan India ICT Awards.
- Bharti Airtel was ranked third in Interbrand's 'Best Indian Brands' survey for 2013.
- Bharti Airtel emerged as India's most respected Telecom Company in Business World's survey for 2013.
- Bharti Airtel secured the top spot among the 'Best companies to work for' in the Indian telecom sector in the Business Today - People Strong Survey 2013.
- Bharti Airtel was conferred with the prestigious 'Top Treasury Team, Asia' Award at 'Euro Finance Treasury Awards for Excellence in Asia' 2013.
- Bharti Airtel's mEducation product Career Counseling won the mbillionth South Asia Award 2013.
- Bharti Airtel bagged the Pitch Brands 50 Awards 2013 for Excellence in Marketing under the Globetrotters category.
- Bharti Airtel was ranked first in Brand Equity's Top 50 Service Brands in India's Most Trusted Brands Survey 2013.
- Bharti Airtel was ranked fourth in financial transparency among 100 multinational companies in emerging markets, according to a study conducted by Transparency International.
- Bharti Airtel's my Airtel app won the 'Service Innovation 2013' Award at Aegis Graham Bell Awards 2013 for empowering customers to manage all Airtel services effortlessly from a single interface.
- Bharti Airtel was conferred with the Top Operator (Cellular), Top Operator (NLD), Top Operator (ILD) awards at the ICT (Information and Communication Technology) Business Awards 2013 in Delhi.
- Bharti Airtel won top honors at the prestigious 2014 Frost & Sullivan India Information & Communications Technology (ICT) Awards. Airtel won 3 awards: Enterprise Telecom Service Provider of the Year, Large Enterprise Segment, Enterprise Telecom Service Provider of the Year, SMB (Corporate) Segment, and Enterprise 3G Service Provider of the Year under the Enterprise Telecom Services category for its exemplary growth and performance.
- Bharti Airtel was honored with the Dun & Bradstreet (D&B) Corporate award in the Telecom Services sector at the D&B Manappuram Finance Corporate Awards 2014 in Mumbai
- Airtel Ranked ‘No.1 Service Brand’ in the annual Brand Equity Most ' Trusted Brands Survey 2014.
- Bharti Airtel won ‘Top Treasury Team Asia 2014’ in Adam Smith Awards Asia 2014
- Airtel won the Best Treasury Team in Asia Pacific at the Finance Asia Corporate Treasurer Awards 2014
- Airtel won the DSCI Excellence Award for Security in Telecom at the NASSCOM DSCI Annual Information Security Summit 2014.
- Airtel won the ‘Best Mobile Product’ for Wynk Music under Telecom Service Providers Category and ‘My Favourite Service Provider’ award under the Pubic Poll Awards Category at the prestigious ET Telecom awards 2014.
- Bharti Airtel was ranked among the top three in a listing of the Top 100 BSE listed companies in FTI Consulting’s ‘India Disclosure Index 2015’ Report with a composite score of 10 out of 10.
- Bharti Airtel won the ‘Firm of the year - Telecommunication’ Award at the CNBC TV18 India Risk Management Awards 2015 held in New Delhi.
- Bharti Airtel honoured with the ‘Golden Peacock Award for Sustainability 2015’ at the London Global Convention on Corporate Governance & Sustainability held in London, UK.
- Bharti Airtel won the ‘Operator Excellence Award’ in the ‘Business Innovation in Risk Management’ category at Subex User Conference held in Prague, Czech Republic.
- Bharti Airtel won the ‘Top Treasury Team (Asia) Award’ at the Adam Smith Asia Awards 2015.
- Bharti Airtel won the ‘Data Security Council of India (DSCI) Excellence Award’ for security in Telecom at the NASSOCM-DSCI Annual Information Security Summit 2015.
- Bharti Airtel’s e-Shakti (Madhya Pradesh) bagged the ET Telecom Award as the best initiative in the ‘Use of Telecom for Social Good’ category.
- Bharti Airtel was recognised for excellence in internal auditing at the ‘Innovation Award 2016’ by the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), Delhi.
- Bharti Airtel has been recognised as an ‘Innovator & Disruptor in HR Technology Practices’ by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).
- Bharti Airtel’s e-Shakti (Andhra Pradesh) won ‘Telecom Service Provider’ Award from the Government of Andhra Pradesh for women empowerment.
- Bharti Airtel was recognised for ‘Legal Finesse, Innovation & Accomplishments: In-House Team’ at the Legal Era Awards 2015-16.
- Bharti Airtel won ‘India’s Top Mobile Service Operator’, ‘Top Internet Services Operator’ and ‘Top Broadband Wireless Access Operator’ at the annual Cybermedia ICT Awards 2015.
- Bharti Airtel honoured with ‘Company of the Year for Sustainability Telecommunication India & South Asia’ Award at the IAIR Awards 2016.
- Bharti Airtel was recognised for ‘Best Corporate Social Responsibility Practices’ and ‘Community Development’ at the Global CSR Excellence & Leadership Awards.
- Bharti Airtel was awarded at the ‘Top Community Care Companies in Asia’ Award at the Asia Corporate Excellence & Sustainability Awards (ACES) 2015.
- Bharti Airtel won the Aegis Graham Bell Award 2015 in the mHealth category.
- Airtel Kenya was recognised as the ‘Best Wholesale Operator’ at Mobile Virtual Network Operators (MVNOs) World Congress 2015 in Nice, France.
- Airtel Ghana won four awards - ‘Telecom Brand of the Year’, ‘Marketing Campaign of the Year’, ‘Innovative Enterprise Product of the Year’ and ‘Special Recognition to the Telecom Industry’ at the Ghana Telecom Awards 2015 in Accra.
- Airtel Bangladesh won the ‘Asia Communications Award 2015’ held in Singapore under ‘Customer Experience Initiative’ category.
- Bharti Airtel Lanka won the Gold Award and Silver Award in the categories of ‘Best Multinational Corporations’ and ‘Medium Sized Enterprise’ respectively at the Great Places to Work (GPTW) Awards 2015.
- Bharti Airtel is conferred with the ‘Certificate of Recognition for Excellence in Corporate Governance 2016’ by the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI)
- Bharti Airtel ranked first in a listing of 100 emerging market multinational companies by Transparency International on corporate transparency and reporting. According to the study, the Company topped the list with a cumulative score of 7.3 out of 10.
- Bharti Airtel was positioned among the top eight companies in the listing of top BSE 100 listed companies in FTI Consulting’s ‘India Disclosure Index 2016’ Report with a composite score of 10 out of 10.
- Bharti Airtel was recognised as the ‘Firm of the Year - Telecom’ at the 3rd edition of ICICI Lombard & CNBC-TV18 India Risk Management Awards.
- Bharti Airtel secured the second position in Interbrand’s ‘Best Indian Brands Report 2016’.
- Bharti Airtel has been declared winner of ‘Golden Peacock Award for Excellence in Corporate Governance’ for the year 2016.
- Bharti Airtel ranked amongst top 100 firms in ‘The World’s Most Innovative Companies’ (2017) by Forbes.
- Bharti Airtel awarded the ‘Best Risk Management Practice Award’ in the Telecom category at ‘India Risk Management Awards’ (2017).
- Bharti Airtel ranked second in Business World’s ‘Most Respected Companies’ in India survey (2017).
- Bharti Airtel ranked second in the annual Brandz ‘Top 50 Most Valued Indian Brands 2017’ report.
- Bharti Airtel named ‘Aon Best Employer’ in the ‘Aon Best Employers - India 2017 Programme’ at the ‘Aon Best Employers India 2017 Learning Conference and Awards’.
- Bharti Airtel bagged the ‘Asia’s Best Treasury and Finance Strategies, 2016’ award under the ‘Best Hedging Strategy’ category at the ‘Corporate Treasurer Awards 2016’.
- Bharti Airtel won two awards in the categories of ‘Broadband Product’ and ‘Marketing Campaign’ at the Economic Times Telecom Awards 2017.
- Bharti Airtel ranked second in ‘2017 Brand Finance India 100’ an annual report on the most valuable Indian brands.
- Bharti Airtel won in the ‘Best Emerging Market Initiative’ category at the 7th Asia Communication Awards (2017) held in Singapore.
- Bharti Airtel won the ‘Golden Peacock Award for Corporate Sustainability’ for the year 2017 at the ‘Golden Peacock Awards Nite’ in London (UK).
- Bharti Airtel won in the ‘Best Wholesale Carrier (Global)’ category at the Carriers World Awards 2017 held in London, UK.
- Bharti Airtel’s Internet TV won the ‘Tech Peripheral of the Year’ award at the ‘NEXA NDTV Gadget Guru Awards’ 2017.
- Bharti Airtel Lanka awarded in the categories of ‘Best Employer Brand’, ‘Best HR Strategy’ and ‘Best HR Strategy in line with Business’ at the ‘Sri Lanka Best Employer Brand Award 2017’.
- Airtel Nigeria bagged the ‘Most Outstanding Customer-Centric Telecoms Brand of the Year’ award at the Marketing Edge’s ‘National Marketing Stakeholders Summit and Brands & Advertising Excellence Award’ (2017).
- Airtel ranked amongst the top 10 companies (out of 100) in the Indian Corporate Governance Scorecard, an independent report jointly developed by Bombay Stock Exchange, International Finance Corporation and Institutional Investor Advisory Services (IIAS) with support from the Government of Japan. Bharti Airtel is the only telecom company to make it to the top 10.
- Bharti Airtel was ranked first within the information technology and telecommunication (ICT) category at the 15th Annual national awards for excellence in Cost Management. The event organized by the Institute of Cost Accountants of India, a premier statutory cost and management accounting body, aims to recognize and honor organizations which have succeeded through efficient and innovative approaches in Cost Management.
- Airtel Business has been chosen as the winner in two prestigious categories - Best Wholesale Carrier (Global) and Best Wholesale Business Transformation at the Carriers World Awards 2018, a benchmark for excellence in the global wholesale market. The winners were determined by votes of the industry, making these a unique ‘Users Choice’ award for the wholesale and networking industry.
- Airtel has been rated as the most admired company in telecom, in a recent survey conducted by the Economic Times salary Survey 2017-18 among employees across the telecom space. The survey showed 21% of the respondents opting for Airtel as the most admired company.
- Airtel's Carrier Digital Platform won the 9th edition of Aegis Graham Bell Award for Wholesale Voice business under 'Service Innovation' category. The Aegis Graham Bell Award recognizes innovation in the field of Telecom, Internet, Media & Edutainment (TIME), felicitating outstanding contributions in these fields in India. Airtel’s carrier digital platform is a first of-its-kind platform that enables global carriers to do wholesale voice business with Airtel at the click of a button.
- Airtel engineering team stood at 2nd place among 14 contending teams, at Nullcon 2019, a globally recognized security event.
- Airtel Centre of Excellence (ACE) has bagged the runner’s up award at the Business Partners Challenge for Shared Services held in New Delhi. The event was organized by the Chartered Institute Of Management Accountants, (CIMA) UK.
- Airtel bagged top honors at CIO CHOICE awards. Airtel was declared as the winner in the Co-location, Public Cloud, Network Security and Information Security categories at the seventh edition of the CIO CHOICE awards. CIO recognition is conducted via an independent advisory panel of eminent CIOs and the winners in each category are selected by over 4000 CIOs from across the country.
- Airtel Tanzania won an Appreciation Award for the contributions and continued support in improvement of school environment in Tanzania by Tanga City Council and was also recognized for Mobile Health Support by Ministry of Health.
- Airtel Nigeria has been awarded with Smart recharge campaign of the year by Advertiser association of Nigeria.
- Airtel Niger has been awarded as the best promoter of digital services by the President.
- Airtel Uganda has been recognized by Digital Impact Awards, Africa as the Best Technology Brand on Social Media, Best Digital Customer Experience by Technology Brand, Best Saving and Lending Product (Digital driven), Best Professional, Legal and Regulatory brand.
- Airtel bagged top honors at the Frost and Sullivan ICT Awards. Airtel Business has been awarded as the ‘Enterprise Data Service Provider of the Year’ and the ‘Enterprise Telecom Service Provider of the Year’ in the large enterprise segment.
- Airtel Finance shared services team has bagged the coveted Digital Initiative Award by HDFC bank in the Large Customer Category.
- Airtel ranked 4th in the category of ‘The top 10 most valuable Indian brands 2019’ as per WPP Kantar Survey.
- Airtel Business won the ‘Best Partnership’ award at Telecoms World Middle East Awards 2019 for partnering with Telecom Egypt.
- Airtel Business has bagged the top honours at the Carriers Worlds Awards 2019 in 2 prestigious categories – ‘Best Global Carrier’ and ‘Best IoT Initiative’.
- In October 2019, Airtel has been ranked 1 by OpenSignal as having India’s Best Video Experience in its Mobile Network experience report. OpenSignal is an independent mobile analytics company specializing in quantifying mobile network experience.
- Airtel Thanks campaign won Bronze at EFFIES 2020 for its marketing campaign effectiveness. The EFFIE Award is a pre-eminent award in the advertising industry, which recognizes all forms of marketing that contributes to a brand’s success.
- Airtel Business won three prestigious awards at Global Carrier Awards 2019, namely, Best Global Wholesale Carrier - Voice, Best Voice Service Innovation - Emerging Markets and Best Security Solution.
|Parent Organization||Bharti Airtel Ltd.||Managing Director||Gopal Vittal|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|