About the Company
Bharat Forge is a preferred Technology & Engineering driven development partner and global leader in metal forming. It serves several sectors including Automotive, Railways, Aerospace, Marine, Oil & Gas, Power, Construction and Mining. Being the world's largest forging company and amongst one of the best aerospace forging companies and automotive forging company, it has transcontinental presence across different manufacturing locations spread across India, Germany, Sweden, France and North America. It is also a leading supplier of various components for the aviation sector making it a renowned name amongst aerospace forging companies in India and around the world.
Part of the Kalyani Group, the company has the largest repository of metallurgical know-how, design & engineering expertise, and manufacturing prowess in the region, which has established it as one the leading forging manufacturers in India. It is backed by many years of experience in manufacturing a wide range of high performance, critical and safety components. It offers full service supply capability to its geographically dispersed marquee customers from concept to product design, engineering, manufacturing, testing & validation. Developing the company’s own technology, constantly improving its technical processes, adopting the latest manufacturing processes and continuously training its workforce to create a talent factory has been the cornerstone of the company’s success and has contributed towards making it a leading automotive forging company in India.
Business area of the company
The company manufactures an extensive array of critical and safety components for several sectors including Automobiles (across Commercial & Passenger Vehicle), Oil & Gas, Aerospace, Locomotives, Marine, Energy (across renewable and non-renewable sources), Construction, Mining and General Engineering.
Products of the company
Automotive Products: Crankshaft, Connecting Rod, Dosing Components, Common rail, Front Axle Beams, Steering Knuckles, Control Arm, Knuckle, Fork, Reinforcement Bracket, Main & Counter Shafts, Input Shaft & Output Shafts.
Power Products: Proof Machined Rotor, Fully Machined Rotor, Generator, Welded Rotor, Fully Machined, Proof Machined, Thrust Block, Trunion, Labryinth Seal, Bush, Pole End Plate, Wicket Gate, Pelton Bucket, Pelton Disc.
Oil & Gas Products: Spool Body, Mandrel, Connectors, Ring, Casing spool, Gate valve body, Shell, Y block, Quintplex fluid end, Single cyl fluid end, Double bop.
Rail Products: Crankshafts, Connecting Rod, Carrier Plston, Piston Crown, Top Deck End & Center, Retainer Cyl Head, Turbine Wheel Impeller Balance Assembly, Machined Compressor Impeller, Turbine Disc Bucket Assembly, Motor Support, Primary Support, Machined Locomotive Axle, Forged Portal Axle, Forged Gear Blank, Power Electronics.
Marine Products: Propeller, Marine Motor, Stern Tube, Crankshaft, Conrod, Piston Rod, Stock, Trunk, Pintle.
Aerospace Products: Blisk blade, OGV blade, Fan blade, Shaft, LPC Disc, HP Disc, Aft, Flap Track, Trailing Arm, Upper Torque Link.
Construction & Mining Products: Tracklink for Construction, Front Spindle For Construction, Machined Crankshaft, Injector Body.
Awards and Recognitions:
- 2004: Included in the Forbes ‘Best under a Billion’ list for the second consecutive year.
- 2009: Achieved a remarkable landmark by receiving the prestigious Golden Peacock Award in the field of Occupational Health & Safety.
- 2011: EEPC India National Award for Export Excellence 2009-2010.
- 2013: Conferred upon with the prestigious international ‘Sword of Honour Award’ by the British Safety Council for company’s Health & Safety Management Systems.
- 2014: Won prestigious ‘Rail Business--Product of the Year Award - 2014’.
- 2015: Won the ‘Industry Excellence Award 2015’ in Manufacturing and Processing.
- 2016: Won the prestigious Make in India Awards for ‘Indigenization through Make in India’.
- 2017: Secured Second position under the category of Productivity in 8th Kaizen Competition conducted by ACMA.
- 2017: Adjudged as one of Daimler AG's top global suppliers for the year 2016.
- 2017: Recognized by General Motors as a 2016 Supplier of the Year Winner.
- 2017: Awarded the prestigious TIME India Global Manufacturer for the Year 2017.
- 2018: Won Supply Chain Management Award at the VE Commercial Vehicles Conference.
- 2018: Awarded the prestigious ‘AIMA Managing India Awards - Indian MNC of the Year’.
- 1961: Incorporation of the company.
- 1966: Commercial Production begins.
- 1985: Initial exports in Europe.
- 1990: Investment in state-of-the-art forging technology.
- 1990: Commissioning of 16000 MT press line.
- 1991: Major break-through in Japan, USA and UK for critical supply of power-train & chassis components.
- 2001: Commissioning of second 16000 MT press line.
- 2001: First M&A - Acquired order book of Dana.
- 2002: Investment in Research & Development, Testing & Validation and state-of-the-art Heavy Duty Truck Crankshaft Machining facilities.
- 2003: Established Global Manufacturing Footprint across Europe, North America and China.
- 2004: Joined hands with India's premier institute of technology, BITs Pilani, to enhance internal talent.
- 2004: Acquires CDP Aluminiumtechnik, Germany.
- 2007: Centre for Advanced Manufacturing takes shape in Baramati.
- 2005: Signs JV Contract with FAW Corporation, China.
- 2008: Commissioned India's largest commercial open forging press.
- 2009: Inauguration of forging and high horse power, industrial - rail, marine and oil & gas crankshaft machining facility at Baramati.
- 2010: Inauguration of the Ring Rolling facility at Baramati. Establishment of the Kalyani Center for Technology and Innovation.
- 2012: Company's capital goods division won its first commercial order for two 660 MW supercritical turbine generators David Brown
- 2012: Opens its first industrial gearbox service and assembly centre in Hosur, India.
- 2013: Supply of crankshaft for Indian rails, becoming the 1st indigenous supplier of crankshaft.
- 2014: Safran and Bharat Forge form partnership to address opportunities in Indian civil and military aerospace.
- 2015: Inauguration of ‘High Tech Rail Component Manufacturing Facility’ at Bharat Forge Centre for Advanced Manufacturing, Baramati.
- 2015: Production starts at Alstom-Bharat Forge’s new turbine and generator manufacturing facility in India.
- 2015: Acquisition of Oil & Gas Machining Company, Mecanique Generale Langroise (MGL) in France.
- 2015: Bharat Forge and Rolls-Royce form agreement for supply of aero engine components.
- 2016: Start of Metal Injection Molding Advanced Machining Research Centre.
- 2016: Acquisition of Walker Forge Tennessee LLC in North America.
- 2016: Divestment of Stake in Power Equipment JV with Alstom.
- 2016: Boeing awards 777X titanium forging contract to Bharat Forge.
- 2017: Established Kalyani Centre for Manufacturing Innovation.
- 2018: Established E-Mobility Research & Development Centre in MIRA Technology Park, UK.
- 2018: Inaugurates ‘Industry 4.0 Centre of Excellence’ in partnership with PTC.
- 2018: Takes a strategic stake in Electric Vehicle company, Tevva Motors (Jersey).
- 2018: Announces strategic investment of upto Rs 30 crore for eventual stake of 45% in an EV startup, Tork Motorcycles.
- 2019: Rolled out the ONE MILLIONTH finished machined crankshaft that powers heavy duty engines of Daimler AG.
|Parent Organization||Bharat Forge Ltd.||Managing Director||B N Kalyani|