Metal - Non Ferrous
|Market Cap||162 Cr||EPS||1.0||High||51.65|
|Stock P/E||53.4||Net Profit Margin||0.2||Low||48|
Bhagyanagar India Price chart
|Market Cap||162 Cr||ROE||8.4%|
|P/B Ratio||1.3||Dividend Yield||0.0%|
|Industry P/E||15.1||Book Value||40.5|
About the Company
Bhagyanagar India, part of the Surana Group, was incorporated in 1985 with the main object of carrying on the business in ferrous and non-ferrous metals. It commenced its business by acquiring a copper rod unit (India Extrusion) in 1985. In 1990 it took over Gangappa Cables for expansion of its business activities. In 1994-95 it started manufacturing jelly-filled telephone cables. In 1998-99, it acquired Harinam wires --- engaged in manufacturing of copper allied products.
Keeping in phase with potential growth and the high competition for telecom products, the company has established an additional unit at Goa for manufacture of jelly-filled cables. The major clientele for these cables are Bharat Sanchar Nigam (BSNL) and Mahanagar Telephone Nigam (MTNL). The company is also supplying its products to railways, defence and other public / private sector organizations.
Over the years, the company has expanded its activities by acquisitions, mergers, diversification, etc. Since inception it has ventured into manufacture of range of copper products such as copper coils, strips, sheets, flat pipes apart from PIJF cables of various sizes, polyethylene compound and auto annealing components, catering to the requirements of reputed automobile companies like Maruti, Hyundai, Telco, Ashok Leyland, Mahindra, etc.
The company has made a giant stride into real estate, infrastructure and wind power generation segments with an installed capacity of 9 MW in the state of Karnataka.
Business area of the company
The company is presently engaged in the manufacture of copper rods, copper foils, copper pipes, copper sheets, annealed bare copper strips, paper insulated copper conductors and insulated copper coils (field coils). The products of the company are mainly used in telecommunication, power and distribution, transformer, heat exchangers, switchgear and low range transformers, solar panels and auto ancillary sectors. The company is major supplier to Lucas TVS, MICO and many other leading original equipment manufacturers (OEMs).
- Copper: One of the core areas of the company’s business is manufacture of copper products. The copper division of the company caters to the needs of various OEMs and auto component industry. The company has an installed capacity of 15000 MT in the copper product division.
- Real Estate: In the year 2002 anticipating the boom in real estate and infrastructure sector, the company started to invest the surplus liquidity from its core business in acquiring real estate properties and infrastructure related projects including construction of IT parks and housing projects with a long-term view to become an infrastructure player.
- Non Conventional Energy: During the year 2006-07, the company forayed into the non conventional energy sector with a wind power project with an installed capacity of 9 MW at Kapatigudda, Karnataka. The phase-I of the project was commissioned in September 2006 and the phase-II of the project was commissioned in March 2006. This project is eligible foe carbon credits and also for taxation benefits under Section 80I (A) of the Income Tax Act.
- Jelly Filled Cables: The company started this division in the year 1993-94 and set up the plant for the first time in the country without any foreign collaboration. The company has a manufacturing facility at Goa and manufactures cables from the range of 5 pairs to 800 pairs. The latest technology and testing facilities have led to the units being recognized and approved by BSNL, MTNL, Indian Railways (IR) and other private telecom Service providers.
- Telecom & Power
- Surana Ventures
- Bhagyanagar Entertainment
|Parent Organisation||Bhagyanagar India Ltd.||Managing Director||Narender Surana|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|