About the Company
The driving forces of Berger Paints - reflect the very spirit of its founder Lewis Berger - who laid the foundations of brand Berger way back in 1760 in the UK. With modest beginnings in India in 1923, today, Berger Paints India is the second largest paint company in the country with a consistent track record of being one of the fastest growing paint companies, quarter on quarter, for the past few years. Starting out as Hadfield's (India), it had just one factory in Howrah, West Bengal. By the close of 1947, Hadfield's was acquired by British Paints (Holdings), UK and came to be known as British Paints (India). In 1983, the name of the company was changed to Berger Paints India. Currently, the majority stake is with the Delhi based Dhingra brothers.
Berger Paints has established itself through a long course of time. The company is acclaimed as a game changer in the sector with a vibrant portfolio of paints and tailor-made customer services in every paint segment. It has consistently outperformed its competitors in the past few years and is on its way to be on the top spot. Berger Paints India is headquartered at Kolkata, with strategically located manufacturing units across India (including the subsidiaries).
Business area of the company
Berger Paints India is the second largest paint company in India and has established itself as a trusted name in the paint industry, not only in India but across the globe.
- Product Finder
- Interior Wall Coatings
- Exterior Wall Coatings
- Do It Yourself (DIY)
- Exterior Textures
- Metal Finishes
- Wood Finishes
- Glass Finishes
- Waterproofing Solutions
- Price List
Awards and Accolades:
- 2005: Best Supplier Award Outstanding contribution in Product Development OEM customer Whirlpool - 2005, Faridabad.
- 2008: Reader's Digest Gold Award - 2008 Most Trusted Brand.
- 2012: Builder Information Bureau (BIB) 2012 Leadership in the paint category.
- 2012: 10th Annual Construction World Global Awards 2012.
- 2015: Featured in Top Companies Report by CoatingsWorld among the Top 25 of the report.
- 2015: Featured in Forbes India’s list of Super 50 Companies.
- 2015: Featured among BrandZ Top 50 most valuable brands 2015.
- 2016: Berger Paints India Wins 1st Prize in NECA, 2016.
- 2016: Featured among the Top 7 Value Creators in Forbes India’s 7th Anniversary Special Edition.
- 2016: Featured in Forbes India’s list of Super 50 Companies for the second year in a row.
- 2017: Berger Express Painting Awarded SKOCH-BSE Order of Merit in the Innovation category at the 48th SKOCH-BSE Summit.
- 2017: Ranked among the top manufacturers of paints and coatings of the world in the latest issue of Top Companies Report 2017, by Coatings World.
- 2019: Berger Paints Shines at Sammie 2019 With Silver Award.
- 2019: Berger Paints wins the CII National Award for Excellence in Water Management 2019.
- 2020: Listed in BrandZ Top 75 Most Valued Indian Brands 2020 in its seventh edition released by Kantar Millward Brown.
- 2020: Berger Paints recognized as the ‘Best Indian Paint Company’ at Times Business Awards.
- 2020: CII Environmental Best Practices Award 2020.
|Parent Organization||Berger Paints India Ltd.||Managing Director||Abhijit Roy|