Engineering - Industrial Equipments
|Market Cap||10,149 Cr||EPS||48.2||High||2474.95|
|Stock P/E||50.6||Net Profit Margin||5.6||Low||2407.4|
|Market Cap||10,149 Cr||ROE||6.6%|
|P/B Ratio||4.3||Dividend Yield||0.4%|
|Industry P/E||161.5||Book Value||568.4|
About the Company
BEML Limited (formerly Bharat Earth Movers Limited) was established in May 1964 as a Public Sector Undertaking for manufacture of Rail Coaches & Spare Parts and Mining Equipment at its Bangalore Complex. The Company has partially disinvested and presently Government of India owns 54 percent of total equity and rest 46 percent is held by Public, Financial Institutions, Foreign Institutional Investors, Banks and Employees. BEML Limited, a ‘Schedule-A’ Company, plays a pivotal role and serves India’s core sectors like Defence, Rail, Power, Mining and Infrastructure.
Business area of the company
The Company operates under three major Business verticals viz., Mining & Construction, Defence and Rail & Metro. The three verticals are serviced by nine manufacturing units located at Bangalore, Kolar Gold Fields (KGF), Mysore, Palakkad and Subsidiary - Vignyan Industries Ltd, in Chikmagalur District. Each Business vertical is headed by a Director who reports to the Chairman & Managing Director of the company.
Products manufactured under three Business Verticals
DEFENCE & AEROSPACE
- Tatra based High Mobility Trucks
- Recovery Vehicles
- Bridge Systems
- Vehicles for Missile Projects
- Tank Transportation Trailers
- Milrail Wagons
- Mine Ploughs
- Crash Fire Tenders
- Snow Cutters
- Aircraft Towing tractors
- Aircraft Weapon Loading Trolley
MINING & CONSTRUCTION
- Bull Dozers
- Pipe Layers
- Wheeled Dozers
- Tyre Handlers
- Water Sprinklers
- Motor Graders
- Under Mining Equipment
RAIL & METRO
- Integral Rail Coaches
- Metro Cars
- AC EMUs
- OHE Cars
- Steel and Aluminium Wagons
- Track Laying Equipment
- Utility Vehicles
- Treasury Vans
- Spoil Disposal Units
- Broad gauge Rail bus
Awards and recognition
- Company was bestowed with Rajbhasha Award in Big PSU category for Corporate Office by the Town Official Language Implementation Committee for PSUs for commendable performance in implementation of Hindi during 2015-16.
- Company received two awards- (i) Excellence in Training, Learning and Development Programmes, and (ii) Outstanding Contribution in CSR. These awards were presented in recognition of Talent Management,
Talent Development and Talent Innovation, instituted by Employer Branding Institute, Mumbai.
- Company won the prestigious QCI - DL Shah National Quality Award-2016 at the 11th National Quality Conclave held at New Delhi for metro quality assurance with a case study on ‘Optimization of painting process parameters’ for metro car interior panels.
- Company was awarded the prestigious ‘International Gold Award’ for its Quality initiatives in the manufacture of Metro Cars at the International Convention of Quality Circle Competition held at Bangkok.
- Company was bestowed with the prestigious award ‘Buildcon India’s Top Challenger 2015-16’ instituted by ASAPP Info Global Group during the 14th Construction World Annual Awards-2016 at Mumbai.
- Company was bestowed with Rajbhasha Award in Small PSU category for RO-Sambalpur by the Town Official Language Implementation Committee for PSUs for commendable performance in implementation of Hindi during 2015-16.
- Company had won prestigious ‘Star Performer Award’ in the Export category for the year 2014-15.
- Company had bagged various awards for best maintenance of gardens at Complexes, Headquarters and Township Parks in the garden competitions held during Republic Day Horticultural Show-2017.
- Company bestowed with Hindustan PSU Award under the category ‘Fastest Growing Organisation - Miniratna.’
- Company bestowed with Equipment India Awards under two categories viz., Best Seller in Rigid Dump Trucks and Best seller in Crawler Dozers for the year 2017.
- Company bestowed with Raksha Mantri award in the category “Design Effort: Own initiative projects” for the design and development of 180T Class Electric Hydraulic Excavator BE1800E.
- Company has bagged many prizes during the Independence Day Horticulture Show 2017 conducted by Mysore Horticultural Society, Bengaluru, which is a matter of pride to the Company.
- “Metro Team” of the company won the prestigious QCI - DL Shah National Quality Award -2017. The team made a presentation on ‘Metro Quality Assurance’ with a case study on “Ensuing Zero Defect in Metro Coach Bogie Manufacturing by Business Process Reengineering” based on six sigma using Taguchi
- Company received Certificate of Yellow Dot Award for 50 plus years of invaluable contribution in the field of infrastructure and construction sector to build strong Nation.
- Company has bagged the SKOCH ORDER-OF-MERIT Award for qualifying amongst “Top 80 Technology Projects in India” for Design and Development of “180T Electric Excavator BE1800E”.
- Company bagged best seller award for Crawler Dozers at the “5th Annual Equipment India Awards 2018” held in New Delhi.
- The Company has bagged “Top Public Sector Exporter in Southern Region (GOLD)” award for the year 2015-16 organized by Federation of Indian Export Organisations (FIEO), under Ministry of Commerce. The award was presented to BEML after considering various parameters including export turnover, presence in emerging markets, product diversification and growth.
- Company has bagged many prizes under Industrial category at the Republic Day Horticultural Flower Show, which is a matter of pride to the Company.
- Bagged 'PSE Excellence Award 2017' from Indian Chamber of Commerce (ICC) for outstanding contribution in steering the Company to greater heights.
- Metro Team won “International Quality Gold Award - 2018” for case study on 'Minimizing Weld distortion in Metro Bogie Frame Manufacturing'.
- Received 'Top Challengers Award 2018' for excellent performance during FY 2017-18 and “Best Mining Equipment Seller Award” in Crawler Equipment - Dozers and Rigid Dump Truck segment for mining sectors.
- Bagged “CII Design Excellence Award 2018” for 'Design and Development of BD65 Torque Converter'.
- Received 'Governance Now' 6th PSU Award under Resilient Growth (Miniratna-1) category for its achievement and commitment to raise the standard in the public sectors.
- Received “SKOCH Award” under 'Corporate Excellence Gold Category' and “SKOCH Order of Merit” Award for design & development of Armoured Repair & Recovery Vehicle and Metro Cars for KMRCL.
- Bestowed with Equipment India Awards under two categories, best seller in rigid Dump Truck and best seller in Crawler Dozer for the year 2018 at a function held at New Delhi.
- BEML Palakkad Complex has won the 'Kerala State Energy Conservation Award 2019' at a function held at, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Bagged Governance Now 6th PSU Award for its achievement and commitment to Raise the Standard in the Public Sectors.
- Honoured with 'Research & Innovation and Digital PSU Award' by 'Governance Now' for outstanding contribution.
|Parent Organization||BEML Ltd.||Managing Director||Shantanu Roy|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|