About the Company
BASF India was known as R A Cole when it was incorporated in 1943. Later in the year 1963 the name was changed to Indoplast. In the year 1967 the company was renamed as BASF India which is flagship company of BASF Group. BASF is world’s leading company in chemical sector. BASF Group is a conglomerate that caters to various segments such as plastics, care chemicals, construction chemicals, petrochemicals, automotive and refinery chemicals, paper chemicals etc.
BASF and its Group companies maintain key production sites at Dahej, Mangalore, Ankleshwar, Thane and Chennai. The Mangalore site is BASF’s largest manufacturing site in South Asia (in terms of area). BASF also maintains two R&D centers in India, in Mumbai and Mangalore, which are part of BASF’s global technology platform. BASF SE holds 90% of BASF Catalysts India Pvt. Limited through its Group companies.
Chemicals manufactured by BASF India cater the needs of various industries such as leather, textile, paper, paints, construction, carpets, cosmetics, plastics, pharmaceutical, packaging and insulation.
In 2010, three BASF legal entities in India – BASF Coatings (India) Private Limited, BASF Construction Chemicals (India) Private Limited and BASF Polyurethanes India Limited were merged with BASF India Limited.
Its portfolio is organized into five segments: Chemicals, Performance Products, Functional Materials & Solutions, Agricultural Solutions and Oil & Gas.BASF India is engaged in the business of manufacturing & marketing of Styropor, tanning agents, leather chemicals and auxiliaries, crop protection chemicals, textile chemicals, dispersions and specialty chemicals, plastics, automotive and coil coatings, catalysts, construction chemicals, polystyrene and polyurethane systems.
2015- BASF launches year-long, global tour, the Creator Space tour, to celebrate 150 years of BASF and to boost co-creation, in six locations worldwide.
- BASF unveils its largest Construction Chemicals plant in Nellore, India.
2014- BASF SE inaugurated a new global Research and Development (R&D) Center at its Thane site in Navi Mumbai, India, focusing on organic synthesis, advanced process and formulation research, discovery chemistry for modern agricultural solutions, and molecular modelling. - BASF India Limited inaugurates the large-scale chemical production complex at Dahej in Gujarat, India. With a project cost of INR 1,000 crore (approximately €150 million), the site represents BASF’s single largest investment in India.
- BASF breaks ground on a new Innovation Campus in Navi Mumbai, India.The company will invest approximately €50 million via BASF Chemicals India Private Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of BASF SE.
- BASF Thane site receives Energy Conservation Award
- BASF launches Asia’s first metal-based fine chemical catalysts production plant and product development laboratory at the company’s operating site in Mangalore.
- BASF Catalysts (India) Private Limited expands mobile emissions catalysts production capacity with the groundbreaking of a 4.9 hectares site in Mahindra World City, Chennai.
– BASF awarded ''Social Business Company of the Year.
– BASF's Mangalore Site wins 1st prize for “Industrial Safety” in the medium scale category and the “Safe Boiler Award” in Karnataka by the Government of Karnataka
- BASF's Thane Site wins 1st prize for “Industrial Safety Performance” under the “Large” category of companies by the Directorate of Industrial Safety and Health, Thane Region
BASF conferred with the Frost & Sullivan Award for Product Excellence in Chemicals, Materials and Food sector
In the year 2000 BASF was in the Fortune 500 list of most admired chemical company in the world.
BASF India was titled as most admired Company in the Chemical and Fertilizer sector in a survey conducted by ORG-MARG.
|Parent Organisation||BASF India Ltd.||Managing Director||Narayan Krishnamohan|