About the Company
Bajaj Electricals Limited (BEL), a globally renowned and trusted company is a part of Bajaj Group. Bajaj Electricals business is spread across - Consumer Products (Appliances, Fans, Lighting), Exports, and EPC (Illumination, Transmission Towers and Power Distribution). The company is scattered in different parts of the country. It also has presence in premium home appliances and cookware segments with brands like Morphy Richards and Nirlep.
But to know Bajaj Electricals, one must understand its core principles. It get a Gandhian set of values by its founding father, Jamnalal Bajaj which its current leaders follow and aim to carry forward, as a legacy. Its tagline 'Inspiring Trust' is a value it’s strongly associate with and try to fulfil in its everyday endeavours. Apart from work, it brings change in the society through its philanthropic work. The company’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) division rests on sustainability, gender diversity, employee volunteering and community outreach programmes.
To increase its footprint globally and in India, the company has partnered with reputed brands from across the world to give you the best possible services. BEL has marketing arrangements with and Securiton of Switzerland for Luminaires, Delta Controls of Canada for Integrated Building Management Systems, Greystone of Canada and Magnum Energy of the USA for Wired and Wireless Sensors, DiUSA and Midea of China for Fans, and Morphy Richards of UK for Appliances. Bajaj Electricals has also invested in Starlite Lighting for manufacturing energy-saving lamps (CFL).
Business area of the company
The Company is engaged in the business of Consumer Products (Appliances, Fans, Lighting), EPC (Illumination, Power Transmission and Power Distribution) and Exports.
Awards and recognitions
- IDC Digital ICON Award 2017 for its Digital Transformation Project.
- Digital Transformation of the department award for its Consumer Care Applications.
- CIO Power List Digital ICON 2017 for its Digital Transformation Project.
- IMC Digital Award 2017 for its Consumer Care Application.
- POOGI Award at TOCICO International Conference 2017, Berlin, Germany.
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Platinum Certificate, by the United States Green Building Council (USGBC) to Bajaj Electricals R&D Centre - ‘AB SQUARE’ Navi Mumbai, India.
- The SEAD Global Efficiency Medal for Outdoor Lighting 2017, Paris, France.
- Oracle Excellence Award; Chatbot implementation for Consumer Care.
- CIO Power list Award 2019; Manufacturing Icon.
- MITS Leadership Award 2019; Thought leader for re-imaging manufacturing.
- Datacentre Summit and Awards 2019.
- Technology Senate Award 2019; from Indian Express Group in Category ‘Enterprise Mobility’.
- Bajaj Electricals was honoured in USA with The 2019 Association of Supply Chain Management (ASCM) Award of Excellence- Corporate Transformation.
- Felicitated with Express Computer IT Award in Mumbai, India.
- The Global SSL Showcase 100, 2019 Award by International SSL Alliance (ISA) was presented to Bajaj Electricals in Shenzhen, China for illuminating the Bogibeel Railcum-Road Bridge in Dibrugarh, Assam, India.
- TOCICO, a global organisation, felicitated Bajaj Electricals with Process of Ongoing Improvement (POOGI) Award 2019 in Chicago, USA.
- Conferred with Fire and Security Association of India (FIST) Award for Safe and Secure Mall for its project Market City Kurla, Mumbai which is run on Bajaj Electricals’ IBMS.
History and milestones
- 1938: The company was incorporated as Radio Lamp Works Limited under the Indian Companies Act, 1913 as a public company limited by shares, pursuant to a certificate of incorporation dated
- 1960: Subsequently the name of the company was changed to Bajaj Electricals Limited, pursuant to a fresh certificate of incorporation.
- 1964: Matchwell Electricals (India) Limited, (Matchwell), a manufacturer of electric fans became a subsidiary of the company and subsequently, with effect from July 1, 1984, the business and undertaking of Matchwell was amalgamated with the company.
- 1993-94: The company entered into a joint venture with Black & Decker Corporation, United States, for the manufacture and marketing of power tools, household appliances, and related accessories, through a separate company named Black & Decker Bajaj Private Limited, ('Black & Decker Bajaj').
- 1998: The company established a new manufacturing unit at Chakan near Pune and commenced operations for manufacturing fans and die-cast components. The production of fans at its manufacturing activities of the Matchwell unit also, was gradually shifted to its Chakan unit.
- 1999: The company established and commissioned a wind energy generation unit with an installed capacity of 2.8 MW at Village Vankusawade, Tal. Patan, District Satara, Maharashtra.
- 1999-2000: Black & Decker Bajaj became a 100% subsidiary of the Company upon the Company acquiring a further 50% of the shareholding thereof from Black & Decker Corporation, pursuant to which Black & Decker Bajaj was renamed as Bajaj Ventures Limited.
- 2000-01: The company set-up its manufacturing facilities including a fabrication unit and a galvanizing plant at Ranjangaon, near Pune for the manufacture of high masts, lattice towers, and related products, and the said manufacturing facilities commenced commercial production with effect from April 1, 2001.
- 2002: The company entered into a technical collaboration and brand licensing agreement with Morphy Richards, United Kingdom, for the sales and marketing of electrical appliances under the brand name of 'Morphy Richards' in India.
- 2002-03: The company divested 50% of its shareholding in Bajaj Ventures Limited and Bajaj Ventures Limited ceased to be a subsidiary of the Company. The Company also discontinued manufacturing die-cast components.
- 2005: The company entered into a Distribution agreement with Trilux Lenze of Germany for high end technical lighting.
- 2007: The company has acquired 32% of the share capital of Starlite Lighting Limited, a company engaged in the manufacture of Compact Fluorescent Lamps ('CFLs').
- 2017: With an objective of creating innovative products that offers best solutions to consumers, a modern R&D centre ‘AB SQUARE’ was set up at Navi Mumbai.
- 2018: The company completed the acquisition of cookware brand Nirlep Appliances with 79.85 percent stake purchase. Nirlep has become a subsidiary of Bajaj Electricals.
- 2019: With the commissioning of the 400kV Monopole in Noida, under UPPTCL, Bajaj Electricals has become a pioneer in long distance 400kV monopole line construction, with in-house ‘concept to commissioning’ capabilities, both in the domestic as well as international front.
|Parent Organization||Bajaj Electricals Ltd.||Managing Director||Anuj Poddar|