About the Company
The company was originally incorporated as ‘Antony Waste Handling Cell Private Limited’, under the provisions of the Companies Act, 1956, pursuant to certificate of incorporation issued by the Registrar of Companies, Maharashtra at Mumbai (RoC) on January 17, 2001. Thereafter, the company was converted into a public limited company pursuant to a special resolution passed by Shareholders of company at the Extraordinary General Meeting held on December 12, 2018. The name of company was changed to its present name ‘Antony Waste Handling Cell Limited’, pursuant to a fresh certificate of incorporation issued by the RoC on December 17, 2018.
Business area of the company
Antony Waste Handling Cell is one of the top five players in the Indian MSW (municipal solid waste) management industry with an established track record of many years, providing full spectrum of MSW services which includes solid waste collection, transportation, processing and disposal services across the country, primarily catering to Indian municipalities. It is among the select few who have pioneered in MSW collection and transportation sector. It is among the key players in landfill construction and management sector with in-house expertise for landfill construction along with its management. It is also present in the emerging waste management area in India which is MSW based WTE.
Major Events & Milestones:
- 2001: Incorporation of the company.
- 2001: The company was awarded MSW C&T project in Greater Noida.
- 2008: The company raised private equity funding from Investors.
- 2009: Incorporation of Antony Lara Enviro Solutions to expand the integrated MSW facility at Kanjurmarg, Mumbai.
- 2012: The company was awarded a C&T project by the Thane Municipal Corporation.
- 2012: The company was awarded a private project by Jaypee International Sports for executing a C&T project for the events at Buddh International Circuit, Formula 1, Grand Prix of India.
- 2014: The company began operations at Kanjumarg.
- 2015: The company was awarded a new C&T project by the Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation.
- 2018: The company has entered into the Waste to Energy segment by entering into a concession agreement with the Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation.
- 2019: The company began operations at Pimpri Chinchwad.
- 2019: The company was awarded a new C&T project by the Nagpur Municipal Corporation.
Awards & accreditations:
- 2009: The company has received the ‘Municipal Waste Management Market Leadership Award 2009’ from Frost & Sullivan.
- 2013: The company has received the 2nd runner up at CII, JCB Clean Earth Award for excellence in solid waste management.
|Parent Organization||Antony Waste Handling Cell Ltd.||Managing Director||Jose Jacob Kallarakkal|