About the Company
Avanti has started its commercial operations in 1993 under the able leadership of Late Sri Alluri Venkateswara Rao in technical collaboration with Pingtai Enterpries, Taiwan. Later his son Sri Alluri Indra Kumar expanded the capacity and enhanced technical and marketing capabilities by bringing on board Thai Union Frozen Products PCL., Thailand, the world's largest seafood manufacturers and also having Feed Mill and Prawn Hatchery in Thailand. Today, Thai Union is closely associated with Avanti Feeds with equity participation, technical collaboration and marketing tie-up in India.
Business area of the company
Avanti Feeds is the leading manufacturer of Prawn and Fish Feeds and Shrimp Processor and Exporter from India. Avanti Feeds Limited has established joint venture with Thai Union Frozen Products PCL., the world’s largest seafood processors and leading manufacturer of prawn and fish feeds in Thailand with integrated facilities from Hatchery to Shrimp & Fish processing and Exports.
Prawn and Fish Feed Manufacturing Units
Avanti has Four Prawn and a Fish Feed Manufacturing Units, certified ISO 9001:2008, in Kovvur, Vemuluru and Bandapuram in West Godavari District, Andhra Pradesh and Pardi in Valsad District, Gujarat, in India. Avanti produces nutritionally well balanced and high quality feed, consistently, catering to the Indian prawn and fish farmers, at their door step.
Shrimp Processing and Exports Unit
The Shrimp Processing and Exports Unit, certified ISO 22000: 2005 is located in Gopalapuram near Ravulapalem, East Godavari District Andhra Pradesh, India and confirms to HACCP, USFDA, EU & BRC Global standards. It is also an ACC Certified for best aquaculture practices.
Awards and recognitions
- 2015-16: Forbes magazine select the company as one of the top companies in Asia Pacific region and awarded ‘Best under a Billion” Company for the Year 2015.
- 2015-16: Fortune India recognized the company as one of the most valuable medium-sized companies in India in the next 500 ranks.
- 2017-2018: Forbes India Leadership Award 2017 received by Sri Alluri Indra Kumar
- 2018-2019: Business Today, Best CEO Award (Small Companies) - February 2019
- 2018-2019: Dun & Bradstreet - Corporate Award 2019 for Best Growth Performance - Food Products held on 29th May 2019
History and milestones
- 1994: Shrimp Feed Manufacturing Unit-I (20,000 TPA capacity) at Kovvur marks its first stride.
- 1999: The Gopalapuram Block Freezing Shrimp Processing and Export Unit (3,000 TPA) takes off.
- 2002: Shrimp Feed Unit-II (22,000 TPA capacity) goes on stream at Vemuluru.
- 2002: Individually Quick-Frozen (IQF) Shrimp Processing Unit comes up at Gopalapuram.
- 2003: The company sign a Technical Collaboration Agreement with Thai Union Feed Mill (P) Ltd, to upgrade and develop feed for L. Vannamei species.
- 2004: Capacities of Unit-I and Unit-II (Kovvur) are enhanced to 60,000 TPA each.
- 2006: Four windmills (3.2 MW capacity) are commissioned in Chitradurga (Karnataka).
- 2009: The company introduced costeffective P. Vannamei shrimp culture, making Indian aquaculture globally competitive.
- 2012: To meet the rising demand in Western India, the company’s third shrimp feed plant (60,000 TPA capacity) comes up at Pardi.
- 2012: Shrimp processing capacity of its Gopalapuram IQF Unit is augmented to 7,000 TPA.
- 2014: Shrimp feed manufacturing Unit-III (70,000 TPA capacity) comes up at Kovvur.
- 2016: The company’s shrimp processing and exports business was divested to AFFPL (subsidiary) to secure global recognition.
- 2017: Commissioned Unit-IV shrimp feed manufacturing plant at Bandapuram with a capacity of 1,75,000 MT per annum.
- 2018: Doubled the feed manufacturing capacity at Unit-IV Bandapuram with a capacity of 1,75,000 MT per annum.
- 2018: AFFPL commissions state-of-the-art shrimp processing and export plant (15000 TPA capacity) at Yerravaram.
|Parent Organization||Avanti Feeds Ltd.||Managing Director||A Indra Kumar|