Hospital & Healthcare Services
|Market Cap||20,033 Cr||EPS||5.7||High||424.4|
|Stock P/E||70.5||Net Profit Margin||-0.2||Low||385|
|Market Cap||20,033 Cr||ROE||11.3%|
|P/B Ratio||4.6||Dividend Yield||0.0%|
|Industry P/E||72.1||Book Value||87.5|
About the Company
The company was incorporated on January 18, 2008 as ‘DM Healthcare Private Limited’ at Kochi, Ernakulam, Kerala as a private limited company under the Companies Act, 1956. The name of company was changed to ‘Aster DM Healthcare Private Limited’ and a fresh certificate of incorporation consequent upon change of name was issued on November 29, 2013. Subsequently, the company was converted into a public company pursuant to special resolution passed by shareholders on November 10, 2014 and the name of the company was changed to ‘Aster DM Healthcare Limited’ a Fresh Certificate of Incorporation consequent upon conversion to public limited Company dated on January 1, 2015.
The company is one of the largest private healthcare service providers which operate in multiple GCC states based on numbers of hospitals and clinics. It currently operate in all of the GCC states, which comprise the United Arab Emirates, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Bahrain, in Jordan, in India and the Philippines. Its GCC operations are headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates and Indian operations are headquartered in Kochi, Kerala. The company has a diversified portfolio of healthcare facilities, consisting of 9 hospitals, 90 clinics and 206 retail pharmacies in the GCC states, 10 multi-specialty hospitals and 7 clinics in India, and 1 clinic in the Philippines as of September 30, 2017.
Business area of the company
The company operates in multiple segments of the healthcare industry, including hospitals, clinics and retail pharmacies and provide healthcare services to patients across economic segments in several GCC states through its various brands “Aster”, “Medcare” and “Access”. A majority of its hospitals and clinics provide secondary and tertiary healthcare services to patients. In addition to providing core medical, surgical and emergency services, some of its hospitals provide complex and advanced quaternary healthcare in various specialties, including cardiology, oncology, radiology, ophthalmology, neurosciences, paediatrics, gastroenterology, orthopaedics and critical care services.
Awards and achievements
- 2001: MIMS Hospital, Kozhikode, India received the first place (certificate of merit) from the Kerala State Pollution Control Board for making a substantial and sustained effort in pollution control. MIMS subsequently received this certificate of merit in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 for various hospitals.
- 2006: MIMS Hospital, Kozhikode, India received NABH accreditation valid upto October 29, 2009 which was subsequently renewed up to October 29, 2018.
- 2012: MIMS Laboratory Services, MIMS received ISO 15189:2007 certification in the field of Medical Testing valid up to October 8, 2016, which was subsequently renewed as ISO 15189:2012 up to October 8, 2018.
- 2013: Medcare Hospital LLC, Dubai, UAE received JCI accreditation valid up to December 21, 2016, which was subsequently renewed up to November 10, 2019.
- 2014: Aster Pharmacy Group received the Best Service Performance Brand Award by Dubai Service Excellence Scheme.
- 2015: Aster Medcity, Kochi, India received NABH accreditation for compliance with the Certification Standards for Nursing Excellence valid up to March 30, 2017 which was subsequently renewed up to March 30, 2019.
- 2015: Aster Medcity, Kochi, India received the ISO 22000:2005 certification for production and service of food for patients, staff and patients’ relatives within the hospital from Bureau Veritas Certification Holding SAS – UK Branch, valid up to July 16, 2018.
- 2015: The company received the ‘National Awards for Excellence in Healthcare Award for Best Marketing Campaign – Healthcare Industry’ by CMO Asia.
- 2016: The company received the ‘Institutional Bravery Award’ for Distinguished Service in Flood Relief in Chennai and Cuddalore, 2015 by the Society for Emergency Medicine India.
- 2016: Aster Pharmacies Group received the Dubai Quality Appreciation Award for 2016 from the Government of Dubai.
- 2016: Aster Pharmacy received the Best Service Performance Brand Award by Dubai Service Excellence Scheme.
- 2017: Aster CMI hospital received the ‘Best Hospitality in Healthcare’ award from the Times Network.
- 2017: Aster CMI hospital has been ranked as the 23rd best multi specialty hospital (national rankings), 7th best multi specialty hospital (South India) and 2nd best multi specialty hospital in Bangalore in the All India Multispecialty Hospital Ranking Survey 2017 by the Times Group.
- 2017: Aster CMI hospital has been ranked 11th in gastroenterology and hepatology (South India) and 3rd in gastroenterology and hepatology in Bangalore in the All India Critical Care Hospital Ranking Survey 2017 by the Times Group.
- 2017: Aster CMI hospital has received the ‘CMO Asia Presents Asia Healthcare Excellence Award’ in the ‘best hospitality in healthcare’ category.
- 2018: Aster DM Healthcare wins Special Recognition at Arabia CSR Awards 2018.
- 2018: Aster Pharmacy & Aster Hospital win Dubai Business Excellence Awards.
- 2019: Aster DM Healthcare wins four Dubai Business Excellence Awards.
- 2019: Aster Volunteers CSR Award PR.
- 2019: Aster DM Healthcare bags Gulf Business Awards-2017 for the 'Healthcare Company of the Year' Category.
- 2020: Aster MIMS Kottakkal conferred Six Sigma Healthcare Excellence Award.
- 2020: Aster DM Healthcare wins 6 awards at AHPI Awards 2020
- 1987: The company’s Promoter, Dr. Azad Moopen started a clinic in Dubai.
- 1995: First specialty medical centre was launched in Dubai.
- 2001: MIMS Kozhikode Hospital commenced operations.
- 2005: Al Rafa Hospital for Maternity and Surgery (now called Aster Day Surgery Centre LLC) commenced operations.
- 2006: Medcare Hospital, commenced operations.
- 2008: The company acquired majority stake in PHL, Kolhapur.
- 2009: Al Raffah Hospital, first hospital in Oman, commenced operations in Muscat.
- 2010: The company acquired 100% of the paid up equity share capital of Affinity, Mauritius.
- 2010: Al Raffah Hospital, second hospital in Oman, commenced operations in Sohar.
- 2011: Second Medcare Hospital, namely Medcare Orthopedics and Spine Hospital (Dubai) commenced operations.
- 2013: The company acquired 60.35% of the paid up equity share capital of IHPL and consequently MIMS became its Subsidiary.
- 2014: The company acquired hospital operational and management rights in Aster CMC, Bangalore pursuant to the hospital operation and management agreement dated May 12, 2014.
- 2014: The company acquired 54% stake in Aster Kuwait and 51% stake in Orange Pharmacies LLC, Jordan.
- 2015: First clinic in the Kingdom of Bahrain commenced operations; first clinic in the Philippines commenced operations.
- 2016: The company divested its stake in Medipoint Hospitals Private Limited, Pune.
- 2016: The company acquired 51% stake in Dr Ramesh Hospital.
- 2016: Second clinic in Bahrain commences operations.
- 2016: Medcare Women and Child Hospital in Dubai was launched.
- 2017: Entered into an operation and management agreement with the Rashtreeya Sikshana Samithi Trust to operate and manage a hospital in Bengaluru.
- 2017: Medare Hospital Sharjah and Aster Hospital Doha commenced operations.
- 2018: Aster DM Healthcare partners with Nigerian University Hospital to provide advanced healthcare solutions.
- 2018: Aster Pharmacy launches its First Eco-Friendly Pharmacy in UAE.
- 2018: Sharjah Health Authority signs MoU with Aster DM Healthcare to expand healthcare coverage for residents.
- 2019: Aster DM Healthcare hikes shareholding in Prerana Hospital to 86.99%.
- 2019: Aster DM Healthcare hikes stake in Sri Sainatha Multispeciality Hospital.
- 2020: Aster DM Healthcare collaborates with Social Alpha.
|Parent Organization||Aster DM Healthcare Ltd.||Managing Director||Azad Moopen|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|