|Market Cap||13,532 Cr||EPS||14.1||High||567.5|
|Stock P/E||39.4||Net Profit Margin||7.2||Low||553|
|Market Cap||13,532 Cr||ROE||18.9%|
|P/B Ratio||6.1||Dividend Yield||0.4%|
|Industry P/E||70.8||Book Value||91.2|
About the Company
Asahi India Glass (AIS) was incorporated in 1983-1984 as Indian Auto Safety Glass. Later during 1984-1986 the equity stake were transferred to Asahi Glass Company
AIS are the largest glass company in
AIS Auto Glass- It manufactures wide range of glass for auto companies such laminated windshield, antenna printed backlites, solar control glass, glass antennas etc. The client list includes names like Maruti Suzuki
AIS Float Glass- AIS is manufacturer of float glass like reflective glass and mirror catering to various sectors like automotive safety glass manufacturers, Processors, Aluminum Fabricators and Furniture manufacturers etc.
AIS glass solutions- It offers innovative architectural glass solutions to customers. Its product portfolio includes impact resistant glass, sound resistant glass, shower enclosure, tabletops and shelves.
Awards and Recognition
AIS was rated the “Best Indian Company in Glass and Ceramics Category” by Dun & Bradstreet.
AIS was given a “Superbrand” status during 2006-2007
AIS was given gold medal by Deming prize committee in 2007.
- AIS initially incorporated as Indian Auto Safety Glass Private Ltd.
- Joint venture agreement executed among promoters - the Labroo family, Asahi Glass Co., Japan, Indo-Asahi Glass Company. (its equity stake subsequently transferred to Asahi Glass Co. Japan) and Maruti Udyog .
- Incorporated as public limited company.
- Commenced construction activities at plant site at Bawal, District Rewari (Haryana).
- Started commercial production of toughened (tempered) automotive glass with installed capacity of 2,60,000 square metres.
- Commenced supplies to sole customer -Maruti Udyog.
- Made initial public offer of equity shares. Issue oversubscribed by 6.89 times.
- Recorded a maiden sales turnover of Rs. 11.5 crores in the first year of operation.
- Completed expansion of toughened glass capacity by 70% ( to 4,42,000 square metres).
- Installed first printing line to produce automotive glass with black ceramic and heat-lite printing - the first in India.
- Obtained ECE’s ‘E’ mark certification for automotive glass to facilitate its use in vehicles for the export market.
- Reported maiden profit and paid first dividend to shareholders.
- Made first export sales to Europe.
- Extended customer base with commencement of supplies to new customers - TELCO, Mahindra & Mahindra and DCM Toyota.
- Set up plant to produce laminated safety glass with installed capacity to produce 70,000 windshields to meet requirements of Maruti Udyog Ltd. for its cars for the export market.
- Completed expansion of automotive toughened glass capacity by 67% to produce 7,37,000 square metres to meet growing demand.
- Completed major capacity expansion for laminated windshields so as to produce 7,50,000 laminated windshields. This was done anticipating an increase in demand of laminated windshields pursuant to changes in the Central Motor Vehicle Rules, making the use of laminated windshields mandatory for passenger vehicles starting 26th March 1996.
- Commenced supplies of automotive safety glass to car majors, General Motors and Daewoo Motors.
- Became the first Indian glass company to get ISO 9002 certification from TUV Bayern Sachsen, Germany.
- Sales turnover crossed the Rs 100 crore mark.
- Installed state-of-the-art tempering furnace to bridge the gaps in terms of capacity and level of technology. Toughened glass capacity increased to 11,37,000 square metres with technological capabilities to produce complex glass models.
- Maiden issue of bonus equity shares to shareholders in the ratio of 1:1 with 45% dividend.
- Became the first Indian glass company to get QS 9000 certification from TUV Bayern Sachsen, Germany.
- Further expanded customer base with commencement of supplies to Hyundai, Ford, Toyota and Hindustan Motors (Lancer Project).
- Sales turnover crossed the Rs 200 crore mark.
- Installed new tempering furnace with enhanced flexibility and ability as a major technology upgradation measure. With this, toughened glass capacity enhanced to 20,90,000 square metres.
- Set up MAW plant as a step towards building capacities for manufacture of encapsulated fixed glass that fixes directly on to the car body.
- Installed new laminated bending furnace, allowing greater capability for production of complex laminated windshields. Consequently, laminated windshield capacity enhanced to 12,00,000 windshields.
- Installed CAD station, coupled with fully automatic coordinate machine to aid in the process of new model development and tooling design, manufacture and calibration.
- Started in-house design and manufacture of key process equipment to enhance productivity in a cost-effective manner.
- Started print marking on glass to improve brand visibility.
- Made second bonus issue of equity shares to shareholders in the ratio of 1:1 with 55% dividend.
- As a strategic consolidation move, Asahi Glass Co., Ltd., Japan transferred Floatglass India .
- (FGI) to AIS, effectively passing on control of FGI to AIS. After subsequent ‘open offer’, FGI became a subsidiary of AIS with 79.6% equity stake.
- Established Environment Management Systems and received ISO14001 certification from TUV Bayern Sachsen, Germany.
- Installed CNC drilling machine.
- Changed name to Asahi India Glass to reflect expanded business profile.
- Unveiled Corporate Brand ‘AIS’ and started focussed activities towards brand building.
- Sub-divided each equity share of Rs 10 face value into 10 equity shares of Re 1 face value to increase liquidity on the stock exchanges.
- Emerged as the largest glass company in India, with the merger of Floatglass India . becoming effective from 01.04.2002.
- Total sales came close to the Rs 500 crore mark (at Rs 498 crores).
- AIS's expansion plan of setting up a third plant finalised. New plant, to be set up at Chennai, to manufacture automotive safety glass.
- AIS unveils its new umbrella brand AIS & positions itself as an integrated glass player.
- Declared 3rd bonus issue of equity shares in the ratio of 1:1.
- Declared and paid 250% dividend including interim dividend 100%.
- Completed scheduled expansion and commenced commercial production at the Automotive Glass Plant at Chennai.
- Enhanced capacity for tempered glass at Automotive Glass Plant in Rewari.
- Completed scheduled expansion and commenced commercial production at the Architectural Processing Unit at Taloja (Mumbai).
- Commenced setting up of Integrated Glass Plant (IGP) at Roorkee in Uttaranchal.
- Set up AIS Glass Solutions Ltd. to capture the value chain in architectural glass.
- Re-started exports of auto glass in the after-market to Europe and Pakistan;
- Completed Phase II and III expansions at the Auto Glass Plant at Chennai, adding capacities of 1-1.2 million tempered back door glass and another 500,000 laminated windshields respectively.
- Set up two architectural processing facilities at the Auto Glass Plants at Chennai and Rewari, significantly increasing architectural glass processing capacity.
- The second float glass plant at Roorkee was commissioned this year;
- AIS rated the “Best Indian Company in Glass and Ceramics Category” by Dun & Bradstreet.
- The Corporate Brand “AIS” was chosen as a “Superbrand” during the year.
- AIS Auto Glass was conferred the prestigious Deming Application Prize 2007 by the Union of Japanese Scientists and Engineers (JUSE).
- Maruti Suzuki India Limited presented AIS with Overall Excellence Award.
- Hyundai awards AIS with Certificate of Quality Excellence.
- AIS receives 'Special Award' by Hyundai Motor India Ltd, 2016.
- AIS wins the 'Best Supplier Award 2016' in Chemical Commodity by Fiat India.
- AIS is honored to receive the 'Quality Award 2016' by TATA Motors.
- AIS bags the '2015 GM Supplier Quality Excellence Award' from General Motors.
- Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. presents award for Overall Excellence in Manufacturing.
- Honda presents AIS with an award in Environment category for Co2 reduction.
- AIS VUE wins the GOLD at MADDYS Award 2016 – ‘Mute the Outside World Campaign’.
- Asahi India Glass Ltd. Goes Virtual – adopts Virtual Reality Solutions.
- Asahi India Glass Ltd. enters Retrofitting market with the launch of AIS Renew.
- Asahi India Glass Ltd. launches a mobile application to showcase Architectural Glass Solutions.
- Windshield Experts Announces Expansion Plans.
- AIS announces Rs.500-crore Greenfield Automotive Glass Plant in Gujarat.
|Parent Organization||Asahi India Glass Ltd.||Managing Director||Sanjay Labroo|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|