About the Company
Arvind Fashions is India's leading casual and denim player, a lifestyle powerhouse with a strong portfolio of fashion brands catering to consumers across sub-categories and price points.
Earlier in 2018 Arvind Ltd, the textile major, first announced a plan to demerge the engineering and branded apparel divisions on November 8, 2017. After SEBI's approval, the demerger finally took place on November 28, 2018. While Anup Engineering got listed on the exchanges on 1 March, 2019, Arvind Fashions got listed on March 8, 2019. The core objective behind the exercise was to unlock value in each of the three verticals.
Presently, Arvind Fashions Limited is proud to be the most valuable lifestyle powerhouse that has redefined the retail and fashion industry in India. With a dynamic portfolio of leading global brands in India, it has something for everyone. From CEOs to the fashion forward youth to value conscious family, and from the experimental to the conventional dressers, its brands are for the India of today and tomorrow. Fuelling India’s booming fashion aspiration, it got denim to India and Flying Machine to your wardrobe. With Arrow, India first international brand, it raised the bar of excellence.
Business area of the company
The company is India's no. 1 casual and denim player, a lifestyle powerhouse with a strong portfolio of fashion brands catering to consumers across the sub-categories and price points. With a host of renowned brands, both international and indigenous, like US Polo Association, ARROW, Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein, Flying Machine, Unlimited and Sephora, it has presence across lifestyle brands, value fashion and prestige beauty.
- Calvin Klein
- Cole Haan
- ED Hardy
- Flying Machine
- Hanes & U.S. Polo Association Innerwear
- The Children’s Place
- Tommy Hilfiger
- U.S. Polo Association
Awards and recognitions
- 2 Awards in the Make-Up category at Vogue Beauty Awards 2016
- Most Admired Retailer of the year- Store Design & VM
- U.S. Polo Assotiation (USPA) won the Best Men’s Classic Brand Award in the Shoppers Stop Pinnacle Award
- USPA was awarded the Best Men’s Casual Wear Brand Award at the Myntra Tech Threads Function on 2nd November 2017
- Unlimited certified with IRF trusted mark
- 6th edition of TRRAIN Retail Awards - Winner 2017
- 7th instalment of TRRAIN Retail Awards - Winner 2017
- Number of Awards at the IRF and from KamiKaze B2B Media
- 3 Awards in the Make-Up category at Vogue Beauty Awards 2017
- ‘Excellence in Quality Management’ Award at the 6th Manufacturing Supply Chain Summit 2017
- Emerging Young Leader in HR Awards
- Excellence in Cost Management
- Pepe Jeans, Levi Strauss, Aditya Birla have given us a pat on the back!
- 16th Asia Pacific HRM Congress Awads 2017
- Sephora Awarded Retailer of the year at the 2018 World Reatil Congress
- Best Brand Men’s Innearwear Award
- 1st in “Best Companies To Work For” in Retail (including QSR), by Business Today
- Arrow ranked India’s most trusted apparel brand 2018
- National Best Employer Award 2018
History and milestones
- 1931: The birth of Arvind and the beginning of a legacy that would revolutionise Indian textile and denim industry.
- 1980: India’s first ever home grown denim brand, Flying Machine is born.
- 1993: With the arrival of Arrow and the opening of its exclusive flagship store, India was for the first time ever introduced to an international brand.
- 1995: Ruf n Tuf, an iconic youth denim brand, was launched with a commercial featuring Akshay Kumar.
- 1995: India was introduced to its first mass market brand with the launch of Megamart.
- 1997: Arvind brought Excalibur to India and it is now a part of our UNLIMITED stores.
- 1999: Arvind brought Wrangler to India
- 2004: Tommy Hilfiger, India’s first designer premium brand, was brought to India by Arvind.
- 2006: GANT, an internationally recognised brand for effortlessly blending American sportswear with European sophistication, arrived in India.
- 2007: Cherokee was launched in India.
- 2009: The iconic U.S. Polo Assn. brand was brought to India by Arvind. It has gone to become one of the fastest growing brands in our portfolio.
- 2012: Inspired by the sea and all its surrounding, the nautical theme brand, Nautica, arrived in India.
- 2012: Elle was launched in India.
- 2013: Ed Hardy, the namesake brand of the iconic tattoo artist, was launched in India.
- 2013: Hanes, the Innerwear brand was acquired by Arvind.
- 2014: Calvin Klein was added to the Brand portfolio in joint venture with PVH
- 2014: Arvind launched Creyate, its very own bespoke menswear brand that offers state-of-the-art custom clothing.
- 2015: The go-to destination for children’s clothing and accessories, The Children’s Place, was launched in India.
- 2015: International clothing giant GAP was launched in India.
- 2015: Arrow, U.S. Polo Assn. and Flying Machine launched their footwear range in India.
- 2015: Aeropostale launched its shoe range in India.
- 2016: Arvind launched Nnnow.com, a one-stop shopping destination for fashion lovers and style seekers across the country.
- 2016: Sephora was added to the Brand portfolio.
- 2017: Arvind Ltd, the textile major, first announced a plan to demerge the engineering and branded apparel divisions on November 8, 2017.
- 2018: Arvind Fashion finally demerged from Arvind Limited on November 28, 2018.
- 2019: Arvind Fashions got listed on March 8, 2019.
- 2019: U.S. Polo Assn. launched a range of responsible jeans
- 2019: Flying Machine launched a range of shirts made from 100% recycled fabric, blend of recycled cotton and polyester.
- 2019: Flying Machine and U.S. Polo Assn. launched certain products that were manufactured using non-hazardous chemicals in the washing process.
- 2020: ‘Eco Warrior’ label under Flying Machine continued to experiment with the shirts range made from 100% recycled fabric, blend of recycled cotton and polyester.
|Parent Organization||Arvind Fashions Ltd.||Managing Director||Shailesh Chaturvedi|