Tyres & Allied
|Market Cap||28,091 Cr||EPS||25.0||High||445.8|
|Stock P/E||17.7||Net Profit Margin||7.5||Low||431.05|
|Market Cap||28,091 Cr||ROE||9.0%|
|P/B Ratio||2.2||Dividend Yield||1.0%|
|Industry P/E||31.0||Book Value||204.4|
About the Company
Apollo Tyres came into inception in 1972 and has since been a trusted name in the business of manufacture and sale of tyres. With its corporate headquarters in Gurgaon, India, the company caters to over a many countries across the globe. The company markets its products under its two global brands: Apollo and Vredestein. These products are available in countries across the globe through a vast network of branded, exclusive and multi-product outlets. Each brand from the company is equipped with its own distinctive visual language and targeted to a specific customer need. This approach has enabled the company to provide a wide range of products for various applications, across geographies-ending with a delighted customer.
Business area of the company
The company is in the business of manufacture and sale of Tyres. While the company focuses on its 2 key brands--Apollo and Vredestein, it also owns two smaller and region specific brand-- Kaizen and Regal. Brands Apollo and Vredestein comprise of tyres for passenger, commercial and off highway vehicles. Brands Regal and Kaizen focus on the truck-bus tyre segment.
Products of the company
- Passenger Car Tyres
- Alloy Wheels
- Sports Utility Tyres
- Van Tyres
- Passenger Winter Tyres
- Heavy Commercial Tyres
- Light Commercial Tyres
- Small Commercial Tyres
- Agriculture Radial Tyres
- Agriculture Cross ply Tyres
- Off-The-Road Tyres
- Speciality Vehicles Tyres
- 2007: FICCI–SEDF Social Responsibility Award 2007 for work in the area of HIV-AIDS Awareness and Prevention.
- 2009: Recognition from International Labor Organisation for implementing the workplace HIV-AIDS Awareness and Prevention Programme for its employees in 2006.
- 2011: Business Action on Health Award 2011 was given by GBC Health, under ‘Community Investment’ category, for the leadership in HIV/AIDS prevention and treatment services in India.
- 2012: Asia Responsible Entrepreneurship Award 2012 was given by Enterprise Asia, under ‘Health Promotion Award, category for HIV-AIDS Awareness and Prevention Programme.
- 2013: Global Sustainability Leadership Award 2013 was given by World CSR Congress under ‘Best Community Action’ category for HIV-AIDS Awareness and Prevention Programme.
- 2013: Asian CSR Leadership Award 2013 by World CSR Congress was given, under the ‘Health Care’ category for HIV-AIDS Awareness and Prevention Programme.
- 2015: ASIAN CSR Awards 2015 was given by Asian Forum on Corporate Social Responsibility, under the ‘Health Enhancement’ category.
- 2016: Global Green Future Leadership Award 2016 was given by World CSR Congress, under the ‘Best Waste Management’ category for Clean My Transport Nagar (CMTN) initiative.
- 2016: Bureaucracy Today (BT) - CSR Excellence Award 2016 was given by Bureaucracy Today media group, under the 'Best Waste Management’ category for Clean My Transport Nagar project.
- 2016: ‘NIPM Kerala Best Corporate Citizen Award 2016' was given by the Kerala Chapter of National Institute of Personnel Management (NIPM), for the exemplary CSR work done by Kerala CSR team.
- 2016: The company bagged multiple awards in the CSR Excellence Award - One for Best CSR Initiatives and three for Best Livelihood Initiatives.
- 2016: 'Sparsha Award 2016' was given by the National Institute of Industrial Engineering and LakshyaSM) for the valuable contribution done by the Vadodara (Gujarat) CSR team under ‘Livelihood Generation Initiatives’.
- 2017: Recognition plaque was given by FICCI Aditya Birla CSR for the exemplary work done by Apollo Tyres Foundation under women empowerment category.
- 2017: The Company received Asian Customer Engagement Forum (ACEF) CSR Award under Best Stakeholder Management category by Asian Customer Engagement Forum.
- 2017: The Company bagged Indywood CSR Excellence Award under Best CSR Campaign - Biodiversity and Climate Change category, organised by Indywood Film Carnival.
- 2018: Antyodaya Vadodara CSR Award 2018 was given by Institute of Leadership and Governance- Maharaja Sayaji Rao University of Baroda for successful implementation of livelihood generation programme for underprivileged women in Vadodara, Gujarat.
- 2018: The organisation received CSR Times Award 2018 under the Healthcare category for exceptional healthcare programme for its truck driver community.
- 2018: The organisation received CSR Excellence Award under Livelihood Creation category by Gujarat CSR Summit and Awards for its livelihood programme in Gujarat.
- 2018: NIPM CSR Award 2018 was given by the Kerala Chapter of National Institute of Personnel Management (NIPM), for the exemplary CSR work done by Kerala CSR team.
- 2018: CSR Health Impact Award 2018 was given under Health CSR Project category.
- 2019: Apollo Tyres has been honored with Gujarat CSR Authority Award (GCSRA) 2019. The Company has received the award under 'Sustainable and Impactful CSR Project' category under women empowerment initiative through Programme Navya in Gujarat, India.
- 2019: Apollo Tyres has been honored with the ASSOCHAM Women Achievers Award (AWAA) 2019 under the 'Best Organisation Supporting Women 360 degree' category.
- 2019: Apollo Tyres has been honoured with ICSI (The Institute of Company Secretaries of India) CSR Excellence Award 2019 under the 'Best Corporate in Large' category.
Major Events and Milestones
- 1977: First plant in Perambra, Kerala.
- 1991: Second plant in Limda, Gujarat.
- 1995: Acquired plant in Kalamassery, Kerala.
- 2009: Acquired Vredestein Banden BV, Netherlands.
- 2005: Acquired Dunlop Tyres, South Africa.
- 2010: Truck Radial Plant in Oragadam, Tamil Nadu.
- 2011: Sales & Marketing Office, Dubai.
- 2011: Ties-up with Kwik-Fit car service centres.
- 2011: Launches India's only full-service outlet for commercial vehicles.
- 2011: Apollo Tyres enters Sri Lanka market.
- 2012: Launch 57 inch off-highway tyre at IMME 2012.
- 2013: Sales & Marketing Office, Thailand
- 2013: Global R&D Centre Europe, Netherlands.
- 2013: Apollo Tyres extends its product range in Europe.
- 2013: Introduces 4G range of passenger car tyres for the Indian market.
- 2013: Global Marketing Office in London, UK.
- 2013: Partnered with Manchester United.
- 2014: Global R&D Centre Asia, India.
- 2014: Introduced Apterra H/P, an on-road High Performance summer tyre for SUVs.
- 2015: Acquired Reifencom- German Tyre Distribution Company.
- 2015: Laid foundation stone for the Hungary Greenfield Plant.
- 2015: First Apollo Zone inaugurated in Lebanon.
- 2015: Global Procurement Office, Singapore.
- 2016: Forays into the two-wheeler tyre segment.
- 2016: Signs MoU with Govt of Andhra Pradesh.
- 2017: Introduced Apollo Apterra HT2 for the growing 4x4 and SUV segment, whereas the actiZip F2 & actiZip R3 tubeless tyres has been launched for the motorcycles.
- 2017: Launch of the Hungary plant.
- 2017: TBR Launch in Europe.
- 2018: Laid foundation stone for the Apollo Tyres seventh manufacturing facility globally in Andhra Pradesh.
- 2018: Apollo Tyres' Hungarian facility begins commercial production of truck tyres.
- 2019: Opens its first tyre service centre in Malaysia.
- 2019: Introduces EnduMaxx brand of light truck tyres for the Indian market.
- 2019: Collaborates with Ashok Leyland.
- 2019: Entry into Saudi Arabia through a tie-up with Al-Jomaih Tyres Company.
- 2020: Inaugurated the Andhra Pradesh Plant.
- 2020: Apollo Vredestein launches full product offensive in NA.
|Parent Organization||Apollo Tyres Ltd.||Managing Director||Neeraj Kanwar|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|