About the Company
The legacy of Alembic Pharmaceuticals Limited (APL) dates back to over 100 years. Established in 1907 with an objective to develop and revolutionize the Pharmaceutical and Drug industry in the Indian subcontinent, Alembic Pharmaceuticals Limited today is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies in India. The publicly listed entity that manufactures and markets generic pharmaceutical products across the globe has grown by leaps and bounds over the last century.
With an emphasis on innovation and technology, the company has established a state-of-the-art research facility - Alembic Research Centre (ARC)-including formulation research, and huge bioequivalence facility at Vadodara, Gujarat. Additionally, APL has recently invested in ultra-modern R&D center at Hyderabad.
Business area of the company
The company is principally engaged in the manufacturing and selling of Pharmaceuticals products i.e. Formulations and Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients. The company presents an extensive range of branded and generic formulations, in compliance with international and national regulations, that cater to diverse therapeutic segments.
Awards and recognition
- Forbes India Awards Mr Pranav Amin and Mr. Shaunak Amin as ‘NextGen Entrepreneurs of the Year’
- 1st Runner up Position in Job Safety Analysis(JSA) - at CII Industrial Safety Summit 2016
- The company’s Commitment towards Risk Management honoured at Gujarat Seminar and Conclave on Risk Management.
- The company’s MDs honoured with 'Transformational Leader Award'
- The company won 'HR event of the Year' and 'Outstanding contribution to the cause of Education' at the 'Gujarat Best Employer Brand Awards 2017'
- The company won 'HR event of the Year' at the 'Gujarat Best Employer Brand Awards 2017'
- 1907: Started manufacturing tinctures and alcohol at Vadodara.
- 1940: Started manufacturing cough syrup, vitamins, tonics and sulphur drugs.
- 1961: Lal bahadur Shastri inaugurates the Penicillin plant.
- 1967: Bulk manufacturing of Vitamin B12.
- 1971: Erythromycin manufactured for the first time in India.
- 1972: Althrocin a brand of Erythromycin launched.
- 1997: Althrocin becomes top selling brand in India.
- 1999: Alembic starts production of synthetic organic API.
- 2000: Gets ISO 14000 certification for its facilities at Vadodara.
- 2001: Starts manufacturing of Cephalosporin C.
- 2007: Acquisition of non - oncology business of Dabur Pharma Ltd.
- 2009: Addressed chronic therapies through multiple marketing divisions.
- 2010: ANDA’s total filed 38. DMF total filed to 53 and get approval for 15.
- 2011: Pharmaceutical Business demerged from Alembic - APL Listed.
- 2012: Launched Dermatology division in domestic market with 8 products.
- 2013: Launched first NDA with a partner. Commenced filing in EU, Australia and Brazil.
- 2014: Formed a JV in Algeria- Alembic MAMI SPA to explore African market.
- 2015: Launched Aripiprazole on Day-1. Established the U. S front-end, transition to own marketing in the U.S.
- 2016: Formed JV 60:40 with Orbicular - “Aleor Dermaceuitical Limited” for developing Dermatology Products for international markets.
- 2017: Shri. Vijay Rupani - Hon’ble Chief Minister of Gujarat, inaugurates the manufacturing facility for Oncology medicines (oral solids and liquid injectable vials).
- 2017: Acquired Orit Laboratories LLC, USA.
- 2018: FDA approved Aleor’s dermatology facility.
- 2018: Highest ever investment commitment across four new manufacturing facilities.
- 2019: FDA approves Oncology oral solid facility.
- 2019: Formed a JV, to enter China.
- 2020: US front-end achieved milestone of $ 250 Mn Sales in 2019-20.
|Parent Organization||Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd.||Managing Director||Shaunak Amin|