Steel & Iron Products
|Market Cap||31,280 Cr||EPS||18.5||High||1140.2|
|Stock P/E||61.1||Net Profit Margin||4.6||Low||1110.2|
|Market Cap||31,280 Cr||ROE||22.2%|
|P/B Ratio||12.2||Dividend Yield||0.4%|
|Industry P/E||25.0||Book Value||92.7|
About the Company
APL Apollo Tubes, earlier known as Bihar Tubes was incorporated in 1986, founded by late Sudesh Kumar Gupta, and since then has carved an unparalleled position in the global market by making relentless endeavour to cater to its clients with premium quality pipes & tubes. Under the chairmanship of its founder member, Late. Sh. Sudesh Kumar Gupta, its excellence in engineering, a genuine team spirit, clear objectives, ethical business practices and well-defined goals have infused an accelerated pace of growth in the market expansion of the company.
With a capacity to produce multi Million Tonnes per annum, APL Apollo Tubes Limited is the largest producer of Structural Steel Tubes in India. The company has an extended distribution network of warehouses and branch offices in various cities across the country catering to domestic as well as many countries worldwide.
Business area of the company
The Company is engaged in the business of production of Electric Resistance Welded (ERW) steel tubes. The company’s multi-product offerings include huge varieties of Pre- Galvanized Tubes, Structural Steel Tubes, Galvanized Tubes, MS Black Pipes and Hollow Sections, which make APL Apollo one of leading branded steel products manufacturers in India.
Awards and recognitions
- 2016: APL APOLLO has won the “Fastest Growing Manufacturing Company” award at the IPF Industrial Excellence Awards.
- 2017: APL Apollo Tubes Ltd received “India’s Best Company of The Year” award received from International Brand Consulting Corporation, USA.
- 2018: APL Apollo Tubes being facilitated by CREDAI.
- 2019: Times Power Icons 2019 for North region certificate of recognition received by Sanjay Gupta (The Chairman, APL Apollo Tubes Ltd) for exemplary contribution in the field of excellence in the field of steel pipes and section.
- 2019: APL Apollo Tubes Ltd received Emerging Brand award for the Year 2019 from ABP news Brands Excellence Awards.
History and Milestones
- Year of Incorporation
- Setting-up of the first manufacturing plant in Sikandrabad, Ghaziabad
- Commissioned a new Galvanizing plant
- Received ISI Certification
- Listed on the Stock Exchanges (BSE & NSE)
- Commissioned a new tube mill and modern Gallium mill
- Received ISO 9001:2000 certification
- Developed in-house Hollow Sections across a wide range of sizes
- First in India to launch Pre-Galvanized pipes
- Acquired Apollo Metalex Private Limited
- Awarded with Star Export House Status
- Acquired Shri Lakshmi Metal Udyog Limited in Bengaluru
- Commissioned a plant in Hosur, Tamil Nadu
- A Greenfield venture with state-of-the-art mills
- Started multiple warehouses across India
- Name changed to APL Apollo Tubes Limited from Bihar Tubes
- Received UL, CE, SGF France Certifications and other approvals
- Acquired Lloyds Line Pipes Limited plant near Mumbai
- Procured CRFH Coils from JSW Steel to expand the product range
- Launched Door sections, Window sections, and Railing tubes
- First in India to achieve a capacity of 1 MTPA in steel pipes
- Established India’s first-ever Direct Forming Technology Line in Hosur
- Commissioned Greenfield facility at Raipur & Chhattisgarh with Direct Forming Technology
- Awarded patents for six product designs
- Apollo Tricoat and entered into home improvement solution offerings with focused consumer products like door frames, designer tubes, electrical conduits, ceiling products
- 40% market share in structural steel tubing industry
|Parent Organization||APL Apollo Tubes Ltd.||Managing Director||Sanjay Gupta|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|