Pharmaceuticals & Drugs
|Market Cap||4,519 Cr||EPS||22.9||High||1286.3|
|Stock P/E||54.2||Net Profit Margin||14.6||Low||1228.05|
|Market Cap||4,519 Cr||ROE||21.3%|
|P/B Ratio||7.7||Dividend Yield||0.2%|
|Industry P/E||60.4||Book Value||161.0|
About the Company
Ami Organics is a research and development (R&D) driven manufacturer of specialty chemicals with varied end usage, focused towards the development and manufacturing of advanced pharmaceutical intermediates (Pharma Intermediates) for regulated and generic active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) and New Chemical Entities (NCE) and key starting material for agrochemical and fine chemicals, especially from its recent acquisition of the business of Gujarat Organics (GOL) (Acquisition). The company is one of the major manufacturers of Pharma Intermediates for certain key APIs, including Dolutegravir, Trazodone, Entacapone, Nintedanib and Rivaroxaban. The Pharma Intermediates which it manufacture, find application in certain high-growth therapeutic areas including anti-retroviral, anti-inflammatory, anti-psychotic, anti-cancer, anti-Parkinson, anti-depressant and anti-coagulant, commanding significant market share both in India and globally.
The company has developed and commercialized over 450 Pharma Intermediates for APIs across 17 key therapeutic areas since inception and NCE, with a strong focus on R&D across select high-growth high margin therapeutic areas such as anti-retroviral, anti-inflammatory, anti-psychotic, anti-cancer, anti-Parkinson, anti-depressant and anti-coagulant, for use across the global pharmaceutical market. In addition, the company recently completed the acquisition of two additional manufacturing facilities operated by GOL which has added preservatives (parabens and parabens formulations which have end usage in cosmetics, animal food and personal care industries) and other specialty chemicals (with end usage in inter alia the cosmetics, dyes polymers and agrochemicals industries) in its existing product portfolio, which command significant market share globally in the supply of certain paraben derivatives. The acquisition is in line with company’s inorganic growth strategy of foraying further into the specialty chemicals sector and it will enable it to significantly diversify its existing product portfolio, with an objective of attaining inorganic expansion of its business.
Business area of the company
The company is one of the leading research and development driven manufacturers of specialty chemicals. The company manufactures different types of Advanced Pharmaceutical Intermediates and Active Pharmaceutical ingredients (API) for New Chemical Entities, and material for agrochemicals and fine chemicals.
Awards, accreditations or recognitions
- 2005: Gujarat Gas Safety Award for developing and implementing effective HSE Management System by Gujarat Gas Company Limited.
- 2016: Obtained certifications for ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015.
- 2017: Outstanding export performance “Second Award” under the category of Panel - II: Inorganic, Organic and Agro Chemicals - (SSM) for the year 2016-17.
- 2018: Conferred the title of the “Best Recuiter” by Uka Tarsadia University, Bardoli.
- 2018: Recognition by the Directorate General of Foreign Trade with status of ‘Two Star Export House’.
- 2018: Certified by the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs as ‘Authorised Economic Operator’ in recognition and appreciation of Company’s commitment to secure international supply chain and compliance with ‘WCO’s SAFE Framework of Standards’.
- 2018: Obtained certification for SA 8000:2014.
- 2018: “Business Innovation Award” under Dare to Dream awards by SAP.
- 2019: Obtained certification for ISO 45001:2018.
- 2021: Award for Excellence in the ‘Research in Science & Technology’ category by the Federation of Gujarat Industries.
- 2021: Fairdeal Filaments Awards for Outstanding Entrepreneur in MSME Segment by the Southern Gujarat Chamber of Commerce & Industry.
Major events and milestones
- 2004: Formation of partnership firm in the name of “Ami Organics”.
- 2007: Ami Organics changed its constitution into Ami Organics Private Limited.
- 2011: Implemented the Integrated Management System (IMS).
- 2015: Achieved turnover of Rs 1,000 million.
- 2015: Incorporated Ami Onco-Theranostics, LLC in USA along with Photolitec LLC.
- 2016: Established a tertiary effluent treatment plant to become zero liquid discharge plant.
- 2016: Received recognition from the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research for company's in-house research and development (R&D) unit.
- 2017: Increased warehouse capacity by establishing a warehouse equipped with modern infrastructure including fire and safety and having a storage capacity of 1050 metric ton (MT) of raw material.
- 2017: Achieved turnover of Rs 1,500 million.
- 2017: Applied for process patents for five products in India.
- 2018: Completed assessment of and established a good manufacturing practice (GMP) compliant facility at company’s production site and warehouse in Surat, Gujarat.
- 2018: Applied for process patents for three additional products in India.
- 2018: Converted Ami Organics Private Limited into a public limited company, Ami Organics Limited.
- 2018: Received first establishment inspection report (“EIR”) from the United States Food and Drug Administration (“USFDA”).
- 2020: Received second EIR from USFDA for the manufacturing facility at Surat, Gujarat.
- 2020: Commencement of a new research and development laboratory at Sachin, Surat, Gujarat.
- 2020: Commencement of the new solvent recovery plant at Sachin, Surat, Gujarat.
- 2021: Acquisition of the Ankleshwar and Jhagadia units from Gujarat Organics Limited.
- 2021: Applied for process patents for three additional products in India.
|Parent Organization||AMI Organics Ltd.||Managing Director||Nareshkumar Patel|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|