About the Company
Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone Limited (APSEZ) is the largest commercial ports operator in India accounting for nearly one-fourth of the cargo movement in the country. Its presence across many domestic ports in various maritime states of Gujarat, Goa, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Odisha presents the most widespread national footprint with deepened hinterland connectivity. The port facilities are equipped with the latest cargo-handling infrastructure which is not only best-in-class, but also capable of handling the largest vessels calling at Indian shores. The company’s ports are equipped to handle diverse cargos, from dry cargo, liquid cargo, crude to containers.
Through its subsidiary Adani Logistics Ltd., APSEZ operates three logistics parks located at Patli in Haryana, Kila-Raipur in Punjab and Kishangarh in Rajasthan. Over the years, APSEZ has evolved into a provider of integrated port infrastructure services, of which the Mundra SEZ in Gujarat is a landmark validation. The Mundra Economic Hub offers investment options as the largest multi-product SEZ, Free Trade and Warehousing Zone (FTWZ) and Domestic Industrial Zone.
The Company’s integrated services across three verticals, i.e. Ports, Logistics and SEZ, has enabled it to forge alliances with leading Indian businesses making APSEZ an undisputed leader in the Indian port sector. Along with its expertise in providing end-to-end logistics solutions, operational excellence, low-cost operations and synergies through acquisitions, the Company is backed by a young and dynamic workforce that propels it to greater heights.
Business area of the company
The Company is primarily engaged in one business segment, namely developing, operating and maintaining the Ports services, Ports related Infrastructure development activities and development of infrastructure at contiguous Special Economic Zone at Mundra, as determined by chief operating decision maker, in accordance with Ind-AS 108 “Operating Segments”.
Awards and Recognition
- Dun and Bradstreet - India’s Leading Infrastructure Company Port Category - Infra Awards 2016.
- Sea Port of the Year - Private at Logistic Asia Award 2016.
- Sea Port of the Year - Liquid Terminal at Logistic Asia Award 2016.
- Samudra Manthan Awards 2016 for Private Port of the Year.
- Container Handling Port of the year at 7th all India Maritime and Logistics Awards.
- Private Port/Terminal of the Year Award at India Seatrade Award 2016.
- Best Port of the year (Non Containerized) Award at India Maritime Awards.
- Best Port of the year (Containerised) Gujarat Star Awards.
- Won Gold in “1st Annual EKDKN Exceed Award 2017”.
- MALA Awards - Port/Maritime Personality of the year awarded to a senior official of the Company.
- Global Ports Forum award for Port/Terminal Visionary of The Year 2017 awarded to a senior official of the Company.
- Global Ports Forum award for Container Terminal Operator of the year 2017.
- Sliver Trophy - “FINEST INDIA SKILLS & TALENT AWARD 2017” category of “Best Fire Safe Company – Services” after its launch for the first time in India.
- Golden Peacock Award for Corporate Social Responsibility for the year 2016.
- Golden Peacock Award for Occupational Health & Safety at 19th World Congress Global Conference
- Private Port of the Year by Sea Trade Award
- Best Environment Protection Award by Maritime Nation India Environment Protection Award
- Best Terminals and Ports Operator at the 11th Express, Logistics & Supply Chain Leadership Awards
- Best Shipping Port of the Year award at India Cargo
- Gold at ‘Best Simulation based Learning Programme’ at CLO award organized by Leapvault with knowledge associate Tata Institute of Social Sciences
- Commendation for Significant Achievement by CII-ITC Sustainability Awards 2017 for Domain Excellence - CSR
- Gold Award in ‘2nd Annual EKDKN EMINENT Award 2017’ - Ek Kam Desh Ke Nam (EKDKN) CSR category in port sector
- Silver Award - Innovation under the category of Transport & Logistics from OSH India Global Safety Conference - A UBM Event
Silver Plaque at 30th World Ports Conference organized by International Association of Ports and Harbours
- Gold and Silver Awards in 31st National Convention on Quality Concepts for Dahej and Haizra Ports
- Golden Peacock Environment Management Award 2018 in the Port category
- The All India Maritime and Logistics Awards (MALA) 2018 in the ‘Best Container Handling Terminal of the Year’ category
- Behaviour Based Safety Award 2018 in the ‘Port’ category
- The Gujarat Junction Award 2019 in the ‘Port of the Year - Containerised Cargo’ category
- 12th ELSC Leadership Awards and 6th Procurement Excellence Awards’
- Mundra Port was awarded a ‘Zero Waste Port’ certificate by Libero Assurance
- The company’s three schools were recognised and appreciated at the recently held Samagra Shiksha Empowering Awards 2020, for providing quality and value-based primary education to the underprivileged.
- Adani begins development of India’s First Transhipment Port at Vizhinjam
- Adani Ports commissions Tuna Tekra bulk terminal at Kandla in a record time of 24 months
- Adani Ports and Terminal Investment to jointly develop a major transhipment hub at Mundra
- Adani Ports, Mundra set National Record for the ‘largest parcel size of containers handled in one vessel’
- Adani Ports begins Berth Construction at India’s First Transhipment Port at Vizhinjam
- Adani Ports form JV with France’s CMA CGM to operate Container Terminal at Mundra Port
- Adani Logistics commissions multimodal logistics park in Punjab and dedicates it to the nation
- Adani and Total Join Forces to become a major integrated downstream player in the Indian Energy Market
- Adani Logistics Ltd. (ALL) and NYK Auto Logistics (India) Private Ltd. (NALI) Announce Formation of Rail Logistics Joint Venture
- APSEZ completes acquisition of Kattupalli port - Southern India’s new EXIM gateway - from L&T
- Adani Ports signs a long term regasification pact with Indian Oil for Dhamra LNG terminal
- Adani Ports Expands Dhamra Port Capacity Four Fold to 100 million tonne per annum
- Adani Forays into Cold Chain Logistics with INR 296 Cr acquisition of Snowman Logistics
- APSEZ & Wilhelmshaven Freight Village Container Terminal to jointly promote trade and shipping
- Adani becomes 1st Indian port operator to record 200 MMT cargo movement
- Adani Ports and SEZ Ltd. completes Rs. 12000 cr acquisition of Krishnapatnam Port Company Ltd. (KPCL).
- APSEZ becomes the first Indian port to sign up for Science Based Targets Initiative (SBTi)
- First Container vessel carrying Export Cargo from India to Bangladesh
|Parent Organisation||Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone Ltd.||Managing Director||Gautam S Adani|