About the Company
Adani Green Energy Limited is a public limited company domiciled in India and incorporated on January 23, 2015 under the provisions of Indian Companies Act, 2013 and forms part of the Adani group Adani Green Energy Limited (AGEL) is one of the largest renewable companies in India. AGEL is part of the Adani Group’s promise to provide a better, cleaner and greener future for India. Driven by the Group’s philosophy of ‘Growth with Goodness’, the company develops, builds, owns, operates and maintains utility-scale grid-connected solar and wind farm projects. The electricity generated is supplied to central and state government entities and government-backed corporations.
On the back of long-term Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) of 25 years with central and state government entities, AGEL has leveraged its capabilities and expanded its presence across many Indian states. The company deploys the latest technologies in its projects. With a portfolio of many operational projects and various projects under construction, AGEL is driving India on its renewable energy journey.
Business area of the company
Adani Green Energy is a holding company of several subsidiaries carrying business of renewable power generation within the Group. The Group is primarily involved in renewable power generation and other ancillary and related activities
Products and services offered by the company
- Solar Power
- Wind Power
- Hybrid Power
- Solar Parks
- Operational Excellence
Awards and recognitions
Financial Year 2018-19
- Adani Skill Development Centre received the Special Jury Recognition Award at the Indian Chamber of Commerce Social Impact Awards in Kolkata.
- Dr. Priti Adani received the Banas Ratna Award. The award, held each year, is given to people belonging to or having roots in Banaskantha region and having worked in the area’s community service and nation-building process.
- GAIMS, Bhuj, received the Kayakalp Award by the Health and Family Welfare Department, Government of Gujarat.
- Adani Vizhinjam Port won the TMA - Terumo Penpol CSR Award 2018 in recognition of its CSR excellence.
- SuPoshan won the BSNL Dainik Jagran CSR Awards in the Health category.
- SuPoshan has been awarded with the esteemed Public Affairs Asia (PAA) Gold Standard Award for Corporate Citizenship (Community Relations).
- Adani Vizhinjam Port won the Indywood CSR Award.
- Ek Kaam Desh ke Naam organisation in Delhi was awarded the Platinum Award to Senior Citizen’s Health Card Scheme of Adani Foundation at Mundra.
- Adani Skill Development Centre received a commemoration certificate on November 1, 2018 in recognition of its outstanding contribution and a certificate of merit for Best Vocational Training Provider (VTP) -Training by ASSOCHAM.
Financial Year 2019-20
- Won Sustainability Award under the Gold Category” in Apex India Excellence Award Renewable Energy Sector for sustainable development and its implementation with visible leadership demonstration at workplace.
- Rajeshwar Cluster of AGEL won OSH India Award 2019 in Employee Awareness Campaign Category from OSH India.
- Kamuthi Site Team got rated 3 Star by CII - SR EHS Excellence Award for the Year 2019.
- AGEL became UNGC signatory member.
- 49% of Equity Shares of Kodangal Solar Parks (KSPPL) were acquired by the Company on March 22, 2018. Accordingly, KSPPL became an joint venture of the Company.
- 50,000 Equity Shares of Zemira Renewable Energy Limited (Zemira) (erstwhile known as Adani Wind Energy (AP) constituting 100% of paid-up share capital, were disposed off by the Company on December 20, 2017. Accordingly, Zemira ceased to be subsidiary of the Company.
- Won new projects for 925 MW wind and 675 MW solar.
- Won 390 MW hybrid power project in India’s first tender for renewable power projects.
- Implemented RONC adopting cutting-edge technology enabling operational excellence for various projects.
- Bhadla solar park with capacity of 500 MW commissioned.
- Fatehgarh solar park of 1,500 MW construction started.
- Adani Green Energy’s arm commissions 75 MW wind power project.
- Adani Green Energy’s arm bags 700 MW wind-solar hybrid power project.
- TOTAL invests Rs 3,707 crore for 50% partnership with Adani Green Energy in JV.
- Adani Green Energy wins manufacturing linked solar agreement from SECI.
|Adani Green Energy Ltd.
|Vneet S Jaain