About the Company
The company was incorporated as ‘Au Housing Finance Private Limited’ on February 23, 2011, as a private limited company under the Companies Act 1956, with a certificate of incorporation granted by the Registrar of Companies, Rajasthan at Jaipur (RoC). Pursuant to a special resolution passed by its shareholders on January 10, 2013, the company was converted into a public limited company and its name was changed to ‘AU Housing Finance Limited’. Consequently, the RoC certified the change of name upon conversion to a public limited company on January 11, 2013. Thereafter, pursuant to a special resolution passed by its shareholders on February 23, 2017, the name of the company was changed to ‘Aavas Financiers Limited’ and consequently, a fresh certificate of incorporation dated March 29, 2017 was issued by the RoC.
The company secures financing from a variety of sources including term loans and working capital facilities; proceeds from loans assigned and securitized; proceeds from the issuance of non-convertible debentures (NCDs); refinancing from the National Housing Bank (NHB); and subordinated debt borrowings from banks, mutual funds, insurance companies and other domestic, foreign and multi-lateral financial institutions to meet its capital requirements.
The company is primarily engaged in the business of providing housing loan to customers belonging to low and middle income segment in semi-urban and rural areas. These are credit worthy customers who may or may not have the income proof documents like IT return, salary slip and hence are financially excluded by other large housing finance companies and banks. AAVAS uses unique appraisal methodology to assess these customers individually. The financing solution need to be appropriated and suitable to them.
Business area of the company
The company is a retail, affordable housing finance company, primarily serving low and middle income self-employed customers in semi-urban and rural areas in India. A majority of its customers have limited access to formal banking credit. The company offers customers home loans for the purchase or construction of residential properties, and for the extension and repair of existing housing units.
- Home Loan
- Land Purchase + Construction Loan
- Home Improvement Loan
- Home Loan Balance Transfer
- Home Equity(Loan Against Property)
- Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise (MSME) Loan
Awards and Recognition
- Aavas Financiers received the ASSOCHAM Excellence Award for being the best housing finance company in affordable housing in 2016. The honours were done by two renowned Cabinet Ministers of India - Shri. Venkaiah Naidu (Minister of Urban Development) & Shri. Arjun Ram Meghwal (Minister of State for Finance).
- Mr. Ghanshyam Rawat, Chief Financial Officer has awarded as best “CA-CFO for the year” under the category of “Emerging Corporate (BFSI)” by ICAI in its 13th ICAI award held on January 14, 2020 at Mumbai.
Major events and milestones
- 2011: Incorporation of the company as Au Housing Finance Private Limited.
- 2011: The company was registered with NHB as a ‘housing finance institution without accepting public deposits’.
- 2012 The company received its first rating “BBB+/Stable” from CRISIL for long term bank facilities of Rs 1,000 million.
- 2013 The company was converted into a public limited company and its name was changed to AU Housing Finance Limited.
- 2013: Consequent to the conversion of the company into a public limited company, the NHB issued a fresh certificate of registration.
- 2013: The company received its first refinancing assistance from NHB.
- 2014: The company issued its first tranche of non-convertible debentures (NCDs)
- 2015: The company entered into its first pool buyout transaction in housing loan priority sector.
- 2015: Pursuant to a notification dated December 18, 2015 issued by the Central Government, its Company was identified as a ‘financial institution’ under the Securitisation and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Security Interest Act, 2002.
- 2016: Received investment from Lake District, Kedaara AIF-1, Master Fund and ESCL (defined hereinafter).
- 2016: The company was assigned “[ICRA] A with a stable outlook’ by ICRA for long term facilities of Rs 5,000 million.
- 2016: The company received its first subsidy from NHB under ‘CLSS-PMAY’.
- 2017: The name of the company was changed to Aavas Financiers Limited.
- 2017: The company was assigned “Care A+; Stable” from CARE for long term bank facilities of Rs 3,850 million and for long term subordinated debt of Rs 500 million
- 2017: Consequent to the change in the name of the company, a fresh certificate of registration was issued by the NHB.
- 2017: The company entered into first ‘pass through certificate’ (PTC) transaction with IDBI Trusteeship Services Limited.
- 2018: Upgradation of its CARE rating to “Care A+; Positive” for long term facilities of Rs 10,120 million and for long term subordinated debt of Rs 1,000 million.
- 2018: Upgradation of its CRISIL rating to “CRISIL A+/ Stable” for long term facilities of Rs 5,570 million.
- 2018: Assignment of its ICRA rating to “[ICRA]A+/ Positive” for bank limits of Rs 12,400 million and for NCDs of Rs 3,500 million; and “[ICRA] A1+” for commercial paper of Rs 500 million.
- 2020: Aavas Financiers raises Rs 150 crore via NCDs
|Parent Organization||Aavas Financiers Ltd.||Managing Director||Sachinderpalsingh Jitendrasingh Bhinder|