|Market Cap||31,287 Cr||EPS||12.0||High||785.5|
|Stock P/E||64.7||Net Profit Margin||11.6||Low||762.95|
|Market Cap||31,287 Cr||ROE||13.7%|
|P/B Ratio||8.6||Dividend Yield||0.2%|
|Industry P/E||51.8||Book Value||90.7|
About the Company
Syngene International, incorporated in 1993, is an internationally reputed contract research and manufacturing organization, which supports R&D programs from lead generation to clinical supplies. The company’s multi-disciplinary skills in integrated drug discovery and development include capabilities in medicinal chemistry, biology, in vivo pharmacology, toxicology, custom synthesis, process R&D, cGMP manufacturing, formulation and analytical development along with Clinical development services. The company has state-of-the-art research facilities certified with ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004, and OHSAS 18001:2007. The company’s animal facilities are GLP certified by the Indian authorities and AAALAC accredited. The company has successfully offered these services to many clients including start-up companies, large pharma/ biotech, agrochemical, chemical, nutrition and animal health companies in the USA, Europe and the Asia Pacific including Japan and Australia. Syngene has a strong corporate governance framework with a focus on client satisfaction, quality, safety, ethics and integrity. The company’s ability to deliver significant value to its customers by leveraging its scientific skills, global mindset and India’s cost competitiveness differentiates it as one of the most preferred partners.
Business area of the company
The company is engaged in providing contract research and manufacturing services from lead generation to clinical supplies to pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies worldwide.
- Discovery Chemistry
- Discovery Biology
- Safety Assessment
- Large Molecule Development
- Chemical Development
- Formulation Development
- Stability Studies
- Polymer Research
- Integrated Discovery & Development
- Clinical Development Services
- Antibody Drug Conjugates
- Oligonucleotide Synthesis
- 2000-01: Certificate of Excellence for Export Achievement - Under 100% EOU Scheme in Karnataka.
- 2001-02: Certificate of Excellence for Export Achievement - Under 100% EOU Scheme in Karnataka.
- 2001-02: Top Exporter Sector - Biotechnology; 100% EOUs in Karnataka; Ptd by Cochin Special Economic Zone, Govt of India, Ministry of Commerce & Industry.
- 2005: BioSpectrum Bio Services Company of the Year.
- 2007: BioSpectrum Bio Services Company of the Year.
- 2008: 'Bangalore Bio' Bio Excellence Award - Biotech Services Sector.
- 2008: BioSpectrum Bio Services Company of the Year.
- 2009: 'Bangalore Bio' Bio Excellence Award - Biotech Services Sector.
- 2009: Best Bioservices Company of the Year- by Biospectrum.
- 2011: CIO100 Award.
- 2011: 'Workplace Assessment Conditions (WCA) Achievement Award' by Intertek.
- 2011: 'Sliver EDGE' Award - Enterprise Driving Growth & Excellence Through IT.
- 2012: CIO100 Award for highest level of operational and strategic excellence in information technology.
- 2013: ABLE (Association of Biotechnology Led Enterprises) - Tenth Anniversary Award for ‘Outstanding contribution to Bioservices’.
- 2013: Diamond Sponsor-Recognation by the Association of Scientists of Indian Origin of the Society of Toxicology.
- 2014: 'Sliver EDGE' Award - Enterprise Driving Growth & Excellence Through IT for ‘Comprehensive SAP Implementation’.
- 2014: EHS best practices award by CII.
- 2014: SAP Ace Award for special recognition for complex SAP implementation.
- 2014: Level I Laboratory certification issued by the NGSP to Clinigene International Limited.
- 2014: SAP ACE Award 2014 won by Syngene RISE team.
- 2015: Organisation with Innovative HR Practices Award - At the 14th Annual Asia Pacific HRM Congress 2015.
- 2015: CIO100 Award 2015 - The Versatile Honoree Award & The CIO 100 Networking Pioneer Special Award.
- 2015: Bangalore India Bio - Bio Excellence Award for outstanding contribution to the Biotech services sector.
- 2016: Dynamic Enterprise of the Year 2016 - At the 9th Annual Pharmaceutical Leadership Summit & Pharma Leaders Business Leadership Awards 2016- in recognition for its contribution to the field of Research and Development for the Life Science Industry.
- 2016: CII Award - Won first place in the Office/Software/Service Sector.
- 2016: CII Award- Four Star Rating on Environment Health & Safety Management System.
- 2017: Best Contract Research Organisation (CRO) Provider - Runner-up Award - At The 4th Annual World ADC Awards 2017.
- 2017: Bio Services Excellence Award 2017 - Bangalore Tech Summit.
- 2018: Bio-Excellence Award 2018 - At Bengaluru Tech Summit, Bengaluru.
- 2018: Best Bioprocessing Excellence Award 2018 - At 5th Biologics Manufacturing Asia, Singapore.
- 2018: Healthcare Company of the Year 2018- At the 7th Annual VCCircle Awards 2018, Mumbai.
- 2018: HR Excellence Award 2018 'For Best Talent Management Strategy' - At the HR Talent Management Leadership Awards (World HRD Congress), Mumbai.
- 2019: Best Employer Brand 2019 by the Employer Branding Institute, World HRD Congress at the 14th edition of the awards for robust and effective HR and people management system.
- 2019: India Pharma Award 2019 - For “Excellence in Contract Research and Manufacturing Services” at CPhI & P-MEC India Expo.
- 2019: Utthama Suraksha Puraskar 2019 - (Pharma and Chemical Manufacturing Category) by National Safety Council of India (NSCI). Leadership Awards.
- 2019: CMO Leadership Awards- Presented by Life Science Leader Magazine in New York.
- 2019: FICCI CSR Award for Environmental Sustainability - At the 17th Edition of the awards in New Delhi.
- 2019: Safe Workplace Champion Award - At the 8th Manufacturing Supply Chain Summit and Awards.
- 2019: Best Leadership Development Program for Middle Management Award - At the 6th Global Training and Development Leadership Awards.
- 1994: Initiated operations as a CRO with services in chemistry and biology.
- 1998: Granted 100% Export Oriented Unit (EOU) status by the Government of India.
- 1999: First operational expansion in R&D by way of expansion of lab space to over 23,000 sq. ft.
- 2000: Clinigene International Limited (CIL) was incorporated as a 100% subsidiary of Biocon to provide clinical research services to domestic and multinational companies.
- 2001: Forayed into chemical development with a dedicated manufacturing facility.
- 2003: Moved to Biocon SEZ, a 90-acre biopharmaceutical SEZ with operations spread over 65,000 sq. ft.
- 2007: Bristol-Myers Squibb and the Company signed the first long-term contract to set up its first dedicated R&D Center.
- 2007: Expansion of research facilities at Biocon SEZ to 148,000 sq. ft.
- 2007: Crossed an annual turnover of over Rs 1,000 million in Financial Year 2007.
- 2009: Dupont Crop Protection and the Company extended a partnership for R&D services.
- 2009: Expansion of manufacturing services with a new plant which is cGMP compliant.
- 2009: Initiated operations in safety assessment and large molecules development services.
- 2010: Acceptance of the clinical and bio-analytical facilities of Clinigene International Limited by the Department of Health and Human Services, FDA.
- 2010: Initiated operations in formulation development.
- 2011: Endo Pharmaceuticals and the Company collaborated to develop novel biological therapeutic molecules against cancer.
- 2012: Abbott and Syngene collaborated to establish Abbott's nutrition research and development center in India and its second dedicated R&D center.
- 2012: Certification of clinical facilities by ANVISA.
- 2012: Acquired 100% stake in Clinigene International Limited from Biocon.
- 2013: Crossed an annual turnover of over Rs 5,000 million in Financial Year 2013.
- 2013: Crossed an annual turnover of over Rs 5,000 million in Financial Year 2013.
- 2013: Acceptance of its control testing laboratory by the Department of Health & Human Services, FDA.
- 2014: Bristol Myers Squibb and Syngene extend collaboration for its dedicated R&D center until 2020.
- 2014: Acceptance of manufacturing facility by the Department of Health & Human Services, FDA.
- 2014: Established a 75,000 sq.ft center to provide stability and analytical services.
- 2015: Syngene listed on BSE (Bombay Stock Exchange) & NSE (National Stock Exchange) of India
- 2015: Clinigene International Limited amalgamated with Syngene.
- 2016: Acquisition of Strand Life Sciences’ Systems Biology and Pharma Services Practice Assets: Expansion into Bioinformatics & NGS Services.
- 2016: Amgen Inc. collaborated with Syngene to establish the ‘Syngene Amgen Research and Development Center (SARC)’, its fourth dedicated R&D center.
- 2016: Crossed an annual turnover of Rs 10,000 Million.
- 2017: Strategic collaboration with Zoetis to develop and manufacture animal medicines.
- 2017: Herbalife Nutrition collaborated with Syngene to establish its first nutrition research & development center in India.
- 2017: Broadening of Research Collaboration with Amgen Inc. Expands Dedicated R&D Center.
- 2017: Expansion of Bristol-Myers Squibb's ongoing research collaboration with Syngene & the collaboration extended until 2026.
- 2018: Signed R&D agreement with GSK to advance drug discovery in multiple therapeutic areas.
- 2018: Received PMDA Accreditation.
- 2018: Syngene announces partnership with Zumutor Biologics for Biotherapeutic Antibody Discovery Services.
- 2018: Syngene expands collaboration with Baxter until 2024.
- 2019: Signed an agreement with Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC), a Government of India undertaking, for setting up Center for Advanced Protein Studies (CAPS).
- 2019: cGMP approval from Ministry of Health, Russian Federation for the drug product manufacturing facility, stability center and quality function.
- 2020: Commenced Phase I operations at Hyderabad.
- 2020: GLP certification for Viral Testing Facility approval from NGCMA (India’s first and only GLP-certified viral clearance study service provider).
- 2020: COVID-19: Setting up of RT-PCR testing center.
- 2020: Successfully completed unannounced US FDA inspection for Bio-analytical studies.
- 2020: Extended biologics discovery and preclinical research capabilities in CAR -T cell therapy.
- 2020: Mangalore API facility completes construction phase and moves into qualification phase; executed 1st order.
|Parent Organization||Syngene International Ltd.||Managing Director||Jonathan Hunt|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|