About the Company
SEL Manufacturing Company was incorporated as Saluja Exim Limited on May 8, 2000 under the Companies Act, 1956 and obtained certificate of commencement of business on June 2, 2000.
R S Saluja Group was established in the year 1969 for manufacturing ready-made garments for the domestic market. Over the years, the company grown to a pioneer position in exports, supplying yarn, fabrics and garments to major markets in Russia and Middle East. At present company has four state-of-the-art garmenting units, one knitting unit and complete state of the art processing house and 50000 spindles cotton yarn spinning.
It is a vertically integrated textile company, manufacturing and exporting cotton yarn, combed yarn, knitted fabrics and knitted garments with our production facilities located in Ludhiana in Punjab and Baddi in Himachal Pradesh. To cater to its target exports markets, it has opened representative offices in Russia and Dubai. Presently, majority of its production of garments is exported to Russia and UAE.
The company is operating with a consolidated capacity to manufacture 4.5 million garment pieces per annum. Its capacities in cotton and combed yarn and fabric knitting are at approximately 29,856 spindles (6,516 tons yarns per annum) and 1,950 tons of fabric knitting per annum respectively.
It manufactures and export all types of knitted garments and its main products include t-shirts, polo shirts, sweat shirts, boxer shorts, thermals, girls top etc. A part of yarn produced from its spinning units are captively consumed for the knitting operations and balance is sold in both domestic as well as overseas market. Similarly, the fabric that it knit is also used for both knitted garment manufacturing and is also sold in local market as knitted fabric.
Their strong competencies in product development, manufacturing and marketing, are complimented by their most significant advantage in textiles that they make their own yarns and fabrics to meet quality and shipment time of garments. Their wide initiatives to achieve manufacturing and supply chain excellence, close collaboration with their suppliers, and sales offices at the customer’s doorstep all guarantee fast and flexible solutions.
With decades of expertise and excellence of meeting the discerning needs of niche client’s world wide, SEL Manufacturing Company has laid out ambitious plans of product capacity augmentation to continue its proud contributions in the world of premium quality cotton - yarn, fabrics and garments.
Product range of the company includes :
- Knitted Fabrics:
- Auto stripe, Body dia, Pleated jersey, Dri fit fabric, Organic cottonfibre dyed, Mercerised fabric,Lycra fabrics, Enzyme washed, Resin finished,Easy care,Teflon finish, Vegetable dyed fabrics
- T-shirt, polo shirt, Thermal Suits, Tank top, Shorts, Track suit, Sweat shirt and Undergarments
- Terry Towels:- Beach Towels - Bath Towels- Kitchen Towels- Christmas Towels - Embellished/Embroidery Towel- Specialty Towels- Terry Madeups
Different divisions of the company:
- Yarns Division
- Knitted Fabrics Division
- Garments Division
- Terry Towels Division
- 2000 -Incorporation of the Company on May 8, 2000 under the name of ‘Saluja Exim Limited’
- 2003- Change of name to ‘SEL Manufacturing Company Limited’ w.e.f. July 21, 2003 Change of name to ‘Saluja Exim Limited’ w.e.f. November 14, 2003
- 2004 -Change of name to ‘SEL Manufacturing Company Limited’ w.e.f. February 9, 2004
- 2004 -Conversion of our Company from ‘public company’ to ‘private company’ w.e.f. March 31,2004
- 2005 -The Company became a partner in M/s S E Exports w.e.f April 1, 2005
- 2005- Insertion of following clause to our main objects w.e.f November 12, 2005: - to carry on business of manufacturing and processing of and dealers in all kinds of yarns, hosiery goods, readymade garments, carpets, duries, mats, rugs, blankets and other similar articles.
- 2006 -Amalgamation of SPPL & SFL with the Company w.e.f April 1, 2004 vide court order dated February 23, 2006.
- 2006 -Conversion of our Company from ‘private company’ to ‘public company’ w.e.f March 16, 2006
- 2006 -Acquisition of 100% EOU spinning unit of Saluja Cotex Private Limited w.e.f June 1, 2006
- 2006 -Acquisition of assets & property of Mangla Cotex Limited through bidding process from official liquidator vide order dated March 23, 2006 passed by the Hon’ble High Court of Punjab & Haryana at Chandigarh.
- 2009 - The Company has acquired a majority stake in SEL Textiles Pvt Ltd, thereby making it a subsidiary.
The Company acquired two spinning units located at Neemrana, District Alwar, Rajasthan and Hansi, District Hisar, Haryana.
- 2010 - Setting-up of first bio-mass based captive power generation plant at Rahon, District Nawanshahr, Punjab.
Setting-up of second Terry Towel unit at Rahon, thereby increasing the capacity levels to 45 TPD.
- 2011 - Setting-up of India’s largest spinning unit at a single location, located at Mehatwara, District Sehore, Madhya Pradesh.
Acquired another Garment manufacturing unit in Ludhiana.
Went live with one of the fastest ERP implementations in the industry.
- 2012 - Setting-up of the second bio-mass based captive power generation plant at Rahon, District Nawanshahr, Punjab.
|Parent Organization||SEL Manufacturing Company Ltd.||Managing Director||Rajeev Bhalla|