About the Company
Established in 1984, Sangam India Ltd. is one of the foremost producers in PV dyed yarn, cotton and OE yarn and also ready to stitch fabric. The NSE & BSE listed company produces millions of meters of PV fabric and denim fabric annually. This magnitude of production is possible with a highly organized production base. The Group has also introduced a seamless garment manufacturing facility with many seamless knitting machines that have the capacity to produce multi million pieces per annum.
Sangam started with only eight weaving machines in 1984 and is now being recognized as a leading brand in the textile industry, with presence in many countries. Sangam Group celebrated many such milestones in its journey so far. Some of them include backward integration to spinning in 1995 with 17,280 spindles of PV Dyed Yarn and further increasing it to 11,520 spindles in 1998. In 2003, the company built a 10.0 MW coal based captive power plant by adding 35,232 spindles. In 2009, by installing 1.13 Lakh Spindles, 130 Weaving Machines, 12 Knitting Machines and Captive Thermal Power Plants of 6 & 15 MW.
The company's major expansion kick-started in 2014, as the group saw an increase in Denim capacity to 35 million meters p.a. Installation of state-of-the-art Seamless Garment Machines with a capacity of 3.6 lakhs pieces p.a. The next big step was venturing into the B2C market space with the launch of C9 Airwear, a casual wear & active wear apparel brand for women in 2015. C9 Airwear is available across 1000 multi brand outlets in India and all major digital retail portals such as Myntra, Amazon, Nykaa, Flipkart etc.
Presently, the company is well-positioned as one of the most vertically integrated textile players across the country. It is self-sufficient in all aspects owing to its presence across the national end-to-end textile value chain. With its rich experience, quality product offerings, and strong manufacturing expertise, the company has created a robust clientele. Its renowned client base include Banswara Syntex, Siyaram, BSL, Vimal, RSWM Limited, Arvind Limited, Trident Limited, Marks & Spencer, Reliance Trends, Zivame, Myntra, Lifestyle International, Benetton and Westside, among others.
Business area of the company
The company is engaged in manufacturing of cotton, synthetic blended yarns, open yarn, synthetic and denim fabric weaves, cotton knitted fabric seamless garment knitting, and fabric processing. It also offers a range of woven PV fabrics, for suiting and bottom wear. The Company’s flagship brands include Sangam Suiting and Sangam Denim.
- 1984: Sangam commenced operation with eight weaving machines.
- 1995: The group commenced backward integration with 17,280 spindles of PV Dyed Yarn.
- 1998: Further addition of 11,520 spindles was made to the spinning capacity.
- 2003: The capacity was augmented by addition of 35,232 spindles & which led to adding a 10.0 MW coal based thermal power plant.
- 2009: The company completed installation of 1.13 Lakh Spindles, 130 Weaving Machines, 12 Knitting Machines and Captive Thermal Power Plants of 6 & 15 MW.
- 2014: The group saw an increase in Denim capacity to 32 million meters p.a. Installation of state of the art Seamless Garment Machines with capacity of 3.6 lakhs pieces p.a.
- 2015: The company launched it's seamless wear brand- C9, One piece garments free of side seams, made of light, smooth and soft to touch fabrics.
- 2021: Incorporated wholly owned Subsidiary Company namely ‘Sangarn Ventures’ (SVL) on December 03, 2021.
- 2022: Granted approval under Production Linked Incentive (PLI) Scheme from Ministry of Textile, Government of India for manufacturing of textiles products in India.
|Parent Organization||Sangam (India) Ltd.||Managing Director||S N Modani|