About the Company
Rupa is No.1 knitwear brand in India, covering the entire range of knitted garments from innerwear to casual wear. The company has evolved to become the frontrunner in India and a leading player in global markets with far-reaching footprints and millions of satisfied customers. It has presence through 120,000 retail outlets, 1,200 dealers and over 300 sales and marketing professionals. It has wide bouquet of own brands having strong brand recall, developed through consistent investment in ad spends and has strong brand portfolio across consumer classes - basic, midpremium, premium and super-premium.
Business area of the company:
Rupa is one of the largest branded innerwear company in India catering to large addressable market.
- Active wear
- Thermal wear for men, women and kids
- Rupa Frontline
- Euro Fashion Inners
- Torrido Premium Thermals
- Rupa Thermocot
- Softline leggings
- Rupa Footline
- 1968: Promoters started and launched the Brand “Rupa”.
- 1985: Established Rupa & Co.
- 1995-1996: Took over the business of Binod Hosiery and converted into public limited company.
- 1995-1996: IPO and listing of equity shares on Calcutta Stock Exchange (CSE) and Jaipur Stock Exchange (JSE).
- 1997-2000: Started manufacturing of casual wear.
- 1997-2000: Set up Dyeing unit at Domjur, West Bengal.
- 1997-2000: Started manufacturing of thermal wear products - 'Thermocot'.
- 2003-2009: Acquired the brand 'Euro' and started export of products.
- 2003-2009: Launched premium brand Macroman M Series.
- 2003-2009: Double the dyeing capacity at Domjor, West Bengal.
- 2010-2011: Further, increased the dyeing capacity at Domjur, West Bengal.
- 2010-2011: Launched premium brand 'Air'.
- 2010-2011: Launched apparel for Kids under the brand 'Imoogi'.
- 2010-2011: Listing of shares at NSE and BSE.
- 2013: Launch of brand, Macrowoman, Torrido Thermal Wear.
- 2014: Awarded by 'Limca Book of Records' for the 11th time.
- 2014: Also received Brand excellence in innerwear award by many renowned agencies.
- 2015: Conferred the Best Corporate Brand Award by ET at ‘The Economic Times Best Corporate Brands Summit 2015’ held in Mumbai.
|Parent Organization||Rupa & Company Ltd.||Managing Director||Kunj Bihari Agarwal|