About the Company
Route Mobile was incorporated as ‘Routesms Solutions Private Limited’, a private limited company under the Companies Act, 1956 on May 14, 2004 at Mumbai, Maharashtra. Subsequently, upon conversion to a public limited company pursuant to a special resolution of the shareholders of the company dated February 15, 2007 the name of the company was changed to ‘Routesms Solutions Limited’ and a fresh certificate of incorporation was issued by the RoC on April 17, 2007. The name of the company was subsequently changed to ‘Route Mobile Limited’ pursuant to a special resolution of the shareholders of the company dated March 8, 2016, and a fresh certificate of incorporation was issued by the RoC on March 16, 2016.
Business area of the Company
Route Mobile provides cloud-communication platform as a service (CPaaS) to enterprises, over-the-top (OTT) players and mobile network operators (MNOs). The company’s enterprise solution comprises two primary components - the front-end that provides an interface for enterprises to integrate with, and a back-end which is directly integrated with over 240 MNOs, and provides access to over 800 MNOs across the globe, as of June 30, 2020, enabling company to leverage their SMS and voice channels for digital communication (Super Network). Further, the backend is also integrated with OTT business messaging solution providers, and is capable of supporting Rich Communication Services (RCS) business messaging, offering multiple channels of communication to enterprises. The company’s omni-channel platform enables enterprises to leverage various modes of digital communication to engage with their stakeholders - including customers, employees and vendors.
The company’s range of enterprise communication services include application-to-peer (A2P) / peer-to-application (P2A) / 2Way Messaging, RCS, OTT business messaging, voice, email, and omni-channel communication. Further, it also offers SMS analytics, firewall, filtering and monetization, SMS hubbing and Instant Virtual Number (IVN) solutions to MNOs across the globe. Its clients include some of the world’s largest and well-known organizations, including a number of Fortune Global 500 companies.
Major events and milestones
- 2004: Started operations in India to cater to the global market.
- 2010: Hosted first SMSC with Loop Mobile, India, with a capacity of c.2,000 throughout per Second (TPS).
- 2012: Started India Enterprise Division.
- 2012: Associate membership of the GSMA was granted in July 2012.
- 2013: Hosted first international SMSC with Stour Marine, UK, with the capacity of c.200 TPS.
- 2014: Partnered with TATA, Comfone and Bics as Signalling Connection Control Part (SCCP) partner.
- 2014: Hosted second international SMSC with Smart, Cambodia.
- 2014: Signed up with eight banks in India as Enterprise clients.
- 2016: Acquisition of Cellent Technologies (India).
- 2016: Acquisition of Start Corp India.
- 2017: Acquisition of Call 2 Connect India.
- 2017: Acquisition of 365squared.
Awards and Accreditations
- 2012: Associate Membership - GSMA.
- 2014: Featured in Leading SMEs of India 2014 premier publication by Dun & Bradstreet.
- 2015: Company of the Year 2015 in telecommunications sector award by Silicon India.
- 2016: Skoch order of merit award for qualifying in India’s best SMEs - 2016 by Skoch Group.
- 2016: Ranked 6th as A2P SMS Messaging Vendor, Report released by ROCCO.
- 2017: Ranked 2nd as a Tier One A2P SMS Messaging Vendor, Report released by ROCCO.
- 2019: ‘Most Innovative Mobile Communication Solutions Provider 2019’ at the CV Magazine - Technology Innovator Awards 2019.
- 2019: Best Governed Company under Unlisted Segment - Emerging Category at the 19th ICSI National Awards for excellence in Corporate Governance, 2019.
- 2020: Ranked 4th in the Tier One A2P SMS Vendor Benchmarking Report (MNO Edition) released by ROCCO.
- 2020: Ranked 378th in the list of ‘The Next 500’ by Fortune India.
|Parent Organisation||Route Mobile Ltd.||Managing Director||Rajdipkumar Gupta|