About the Company
S S Aggarwal launched Paramount Cables in the year 1955 by setting up a small cable manufacturing unit as a family venture along with his brothers. In the year 1978 he established a new unit under the name of Paramount Cable Corporation which started supplying telecom cables to the Department of Telecommunications.
This unit grew into one of the largest cable makers in India and was converted into a company, Paramount Communications Ltd in the year 1994. Today Paramount Communications Ltd along with its group company Paramount Wires and Cables ltd is one of the largest cable manufacturing companies in India. With a wide product basket and superior technical expertise paramount caters to the requirement of several national and international customers from almost all the sectors of the economy.
Paramount caters to a wide range of industries with an equally wide range of technologically advanced cables, cords and wires for Telecommunication, Railways, Space Research, Thermal & Nuclear Power Plants, Petrochemical, Fertilizers, Steel, Electronics and various other industries.
Paramount Cables has always laid major emphasis on keeping abreast with the latest international developments, focusing and adapting technology to create multi-faceted, need-based products for utilization in various spheres of industrial activity.
The company has two manufacturing plants located in Khushkhera, Rajasthan and Dharuhera, Haryana respectively. Both plants are awarded ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certificates.
Products range of the company includes:
- HT Power Cables
- LT Power Cables
- Aerial Bunch Cables
- Control Cables
- Instrumentation Cables
- Thermocouple Cables
- Paramount Cables is among the few Cable companies who manufacture the following types of cables for Indian Railway .
- Underground Railway Signaling Cables
- Underground Railway Quad Axle Counter Cables
- Optical Fiber Cables
- Power Cables
- Specialized Instrumentation cables for underground and elevated Metro Projects
- Optical Fiber Cables
- Jelly Filled Cables
- Aerial Telecom Cables
- Buried Service Wire
- Installation Cables
- The company has been awarded ISO 9001 and 14001 by Moody International, bearing eloquent testimony to the stringent quality that is the hallmark of Paramount products.
- Indian Specifications- Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS), Indian Railway Specifications (IRS), Indian Telecom Department (ITD), Telecom Engineering Centre (TEC) and Engineers India Ltd. (EIL) etc.
- International Specifications- British Standard Specifications (BSS), American Standard for Testing Methods (ASTM), International Electro Technical Committee Specifications (IEC) and Vereingte Deutsche Elktrotechniker (VDE) etc.
- Paramount is also licensed by the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) to mark its products with IS7098 Part1 (for XLPE Power Cables), IS 14255 (for Aerial Bunch Cables), IS 694 (for unarmored PVC Cables) and IS 1554 PArt1 (for armored PVC Cables up to 1.1 KV).
The clients of the company includes, Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (PGCIL), National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC), Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL), Department of Atomic Energy, Govt. of India, Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) and many more.
|Parent Organization||Paramount Communications Ltd.||Managing Director||Sandeep Aggarwal|