About the Company
KPIT Technologies is a global technology company with software solutions that will help mobility leapfrog towards autonomous, clean, smart and connected future. With thousands of Automobelievers across the globe, specializing in embedded software, AI & Digital solutions, KPIT enables customers accelerate implementation of next generation mobility technologies. With development centers in Europe, USA, Japan, China, Thailand and India. KPIT works with leaders in mobility and is present where the ecosystem is transforming.
On January 29, 2018, the company had announced a transaction of merger and demerger involving KPIT and Birlasoft. Birlasoft is a part of the $1.6 billion diversified CK Birla Group.
The NCLT (National Company Law Tribunal) directed EGM for seeking shareholder approval for the Merger Demerger Scheme (“Composite Scheme”) was scheduled on August 29, 2018. The shareholders overwhelmingly approved the scheme for the merger of Birlasoft with KPIT and the simultaneous demerger of Engineering business into a new company, to create two public companies.
The Mumbai Bench of NCLT vide its order dated November 29, 2018 approved the Composite Scheme. The written order was received by KPIT on December 18, 2018. The appointed date for the scheme was January 01, 2019 and the effective date was January 15, 2019.
Thus, the Composite Scheme approval by the NCLT resulted in the formation of two companies:
- KPIT Technologies Limited, a global leader in Automotive Engineering and Mobility Solutions, which evolved from the existing Engineering Business of KPIT.
- Birlasoft Limited, a new Digital Business IT Services company, focusing on the mid-tier IT space formed by combining Birlasoft with the erstwhile KPIT IT business.
Business area of the company
The company helps its customers to go from design to production. The company’s offerings include solutions centered on software design, development and validation. Its solutions are knowledge intensive. The company leverages platforms, tools and accelerators that enable re-use and faster time to market.
Solutions offered by the company:
- Autonomous Driving & ADAS
- Electric & Conventional Powertrain
- Connected Vehicles
- Vehicle Diagnostics
KPIT in Europe: KPIT Technologies GMBH is a subsidiary of KPIT Technologies in Europe. KPIT GMBH is headquartered in Munich, Germany and strategically setup to drive new technologies, innovation from Germany.
KPIT in US: KPIT Technologies Inc. (US subsidiary of KPIT Technologies Ltd, Headquartered in Novi, Michigan) is a company specialized into six areas of automotive technologies: Autonomous Driving, Conventional and Electric Powertrain, Connected Vehicles, Vehicle Diagnostics, AUTOSAR and Mechatronics.
KPIT in JKC - Japan, Korea, China: The only company with a sharp focus on Automotive Engineering segment through a combination of IP and Services offerings, engaged on large global programs with leading OEM, T1 and Semiconductor companies, invites you to be a part of some of the best, cutting edge technologies within AD/ADAS, Powertrain, AUTOSAR and Connected Vehicles.
KPIT in Thailand: Located in central Bangkok; E-mobility partner for Asian OEMs, Thai Government; Engineering hub.
Awards & recognition:
- KPIT won the ‘Frost & Sullivan India Best Practices Award 2018’ in the Category - India Shared Mobility Solutions Visionary Innovation Leadership Award.
- KPIT won the award in EMobility India Week 2018 under the award category- Electric Vehicle IT Innovation of the year Award.
- KPIT has been recognized with two Manufacturing Leadership Awards by Frost and Sullivan for its clean and smart technology solutions in the urban mobility sector.
- KPIT’s Integrated Intelligent Transport Systems and Revolo have earned awards in the Smart Products and Services and Sustainability categories respectively.
- Awarded as ‘Excellent Partner 2019’ by Japanese OEM.
- Awarded as ‘Excellent Partner 2019’ for CoE strategy by leading Japanese Tier-1.
- Awarded as ‘Engineering Partner 2018’ strategy by Japanese Tier-1.
- Received Adam Smith Award for the Best AR Solution at Adam Smith Awards Asia 2019 in Singapore.
- Awarded with Innovation in Retention Strategy award for achieving and sustaining industry leading retention by World HRD Congress in Mumbai.
Key events and milestones
- 2018: KPIT’s IT Services business is merged with Birlasoft to form a leading $500M publicly listed Enterprise Digital and IT Services company.
- 2018: KPIT and Udacity Forge Partnership for Upskilling Talent in Autonomous Vehicle Engineering.
- 2018: The Skyline Pro-E electric buses powered by KPIT’s innovative electrification technology, ‘REVOLO’ started commercial operations for public transport in New Town Kolkata.
- 2019: The company gets listed on BSE and NSE.
- 2020: KPIT and KPIT logo trademarks are registered.
- 2020: Expands Presence in Europe by Setting up a New Software Engineering Center in Munich.
- 2020: Innovates versatile ventilators in fight against COVID-19.
- 2020: Collaborates with KLE Technological University to Offer an Undergraduate Engineering Programme to Employees.
|Parent Organization||KPIT Technologies Ltd.||Managing Director||Kishor Patil|