|Market Cap||2,204 Cr||EPS||182.6||High||3945.1|
|Stock P/E||21.4||Net Profit Margin||6.6||Low||3860|
|Market Cap||2,204 Cr||ROE||6.7%|
|P/B Ratio||1.5||Dividend Yield||1.0%|
|Industry P/E||189.6||Book Value||2.6K|
About the Company
Established in 1946, Bharat Bijlee is a pioneer in electrical engineering in India, and one of the most trusted names in the industry. Headquartered in Mumbai, it has extensive sales and service network across India and also serves international markets.
The company’s manufacturing facilities are located in Airoli, Navi Mumbai. It has state-of-the-art plants for its Power Transformers and Electric Motors that have been certified for ISO: 9001:2015, ISO: 14001:2015 & ISO 45001:2018 standards.
The Forbes Asia Best under a Billion Company award received in 2007 is a testimony to a history of superior performance, innovation and customer centricity.
With a lineage of over seven decades, Bharat Bijlee represents the strength and purpose of the Indian industry and its growing power internationally. It continues to be focused on growth; through expansion of its manufacturing range and capacities, related diversifications and foray into new markets through strategic partnerships.
Business area of the company
The company has two primary business segments: Power Systems that comprise Transformers and Projects divisions, and Industrial Systems segment comprising Electric Motors, Drives & Industrial Automation and Elevator Systems divisions. The company caters to a spectrum of industries and the builders of the nation’s infrastructure: power, refineries, steel, cement, railways, machinery, construction and textiles. It also undertakes turnkey projects (switchyards) and is well positioned to provide complete ‘concept to commissioning’ services.
Transformers: The manufacturing and quality systems laid down when we began the Transformer business in 1955 have been consistently upgraded and augmented keeping customer needs in mind. We enjoy one of the highest rates of repeat orders in the industry and the highest level of ‘comfort of ownership’ for our transformers.
Projects: Bharat Bijlee has been a key player in the country's power sector, setting standards of excellence for over seven decades. Its association with clients on turnkey solutions for Power projects is comprehensive, and covers all aspects of work from start to finish.
Electric Motors: Bharat Bijlee has been a pioneer in providing energy efficient standard motors and special electric motors for a range of industries. From the smallest to the largest, from IE2 to the latest IE4 class of efficiency, all our motors are manufactured with the same meticulous attention to detail.
Magnet Technology Machines: Bharat Bijlee is the first Indian manufacturer of Gearless Machines for Elevators. Our GreenStar range of Permanent Magnet gearless machines are suitable for machine-room less applications, are relatively maintenance free and offer energy savings of upto 30%.
Drives & Automation: Bharat Bijlee offers Variable speed AC drives in partnership with KEB Germany. KEB’s worldwide application specific engineering expertise coupled with our experience in offering customized motors to every segment of industry, gives our customers the assurance of superior world class drives and automation solutions.
History and milestones
- 1946: Bharat Bijlee was born in 1946 with a small investment, few people, big dreams and colossal determination to succeed. The impetus was to substitute the import of electric motors with indigenous manufacture. The spirit that would guide and propel future success was inherent in all decisions taken this point on.
- 1954: The company started the manufacture of power transformers. These would become in time one of the company's key competencies. Transformer production begins.
- 1958: Laying the foundation of this critical competency was a comprehensive technical collaboration for the manufacture of transformers and motors finalized with Siemens AG, in 1958.
- 1965: With technical help from Siemen's BBL set up its new, sophisticated manufacturing plant at Airoli (Navi Mumbai) to produce transformers and motors.
- 1973: diversify into the manufacture and installation of Olympus elevators. In 2004 this business was divested to a subsidiary of Kone Elevators India Pvt Ltd. It served however to give it the knowhow and experience in vertical transportation that would later help it to build new business on the back of this.
- 1982: The first 220 kV transformer is delivered.
- 1985: inherent synergies and the growing engineering skills in power equipment manufacture, led to the formation of an independent Projects Division to design, install and commission High Tension electrical switchyards and distribution systems on turn-key basis.
- 1986: The millionth motor is sold. Schindler collaboration: A ten-year collaboration for elevators is formed with the Swiss Schindler group.
- 1996: Golden Jubilee: Fifty years of enterprise, focus and dedication in putting technology to work.
- 2004: Divestment of Elevator operations: The Elevator field operations business is divested to a subsidiary of Kone Elevators (India) Pvt. Ltd.
- 2006: PWRLX: A world class facility for Transformers is commissioned tripling manufacturing capacity and increasing the range.
- 2007: Bharat Bijlee receives the coveted Forbes Asia's 'Best Under a Billion' Company Award.
- 2007: Agreement with KEB, Germany for distribution of AC Variable Speed Drives.
- 2008: Commenced manufacturing of Gearless machines for Elevators.
- 2011: Enhancement of Transformer manufacturing capacity to 15000 MVA.
- 2012: Commenced indigenous manufacture of KEB Drives.
- 2013: New plant for manufacturing Medium Voltage Motors up to 1000 kW.
- 2015: The company is ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001 certified. It also successfully conduct the Short Circuit Testing of 160 MVA 220 KV class transformer at first attempt at CPRI Bangalore.
- 2016: The company files its very first a patent application for the design of its SynchroVERT Super-Premium Efficiency IE4 motors. Drives team also introduces a new range of superior performance AC Variable Frequency BBVERT BL51 drive.
|Parent Organization||Bharat Bijlee Ltd.||Managing Director||Nikhil J Danani|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|