About the Company
Aditya Birla Sun Life AMC is a joint venture between Aditya Birla Capital and Sun Life AMC. The company cater to a wide range of customers from individuals to institutions through this pan-India network and offering of customer solutions, which positions it well to attract a large segment of the Indian mutual fund market across varying customer requirements and risk profiles and to develop a broad customer franchise with a strong retail customer base. It has achieved this leadership position through its focus on consistent investment performance, extensive distribution network, brand, experienced management team and superior customer service.
Since the company’s inception in 1994, it has established a geographically diversified pan-India distribution presence. Its distribution network is extensive and multi-channeled with a significant physical as well as digital presence. It managed 118 schemes comprising 37 equity schemes (including, among others, diversified, tax saving, hybrid and sector schemes), 68 debt schemes (including, among others, ultra short-duration, short-duration and fixed-maturity schemes), 2 liquid schemes, 5 ETFs and six domestic FoFs, as of June 30, 2021. Its flagship schemes include Aditya Birla Sun Life Frontline Equity Fund and Aditya Birla Sun Life Corporate Bond Fund, both of which have grown to become leading funds in India under its management.
Business area of the company
The company operates as an investment management firm. The company offers portfolio advisory and wealth management services.
Awards and Accreditations
- 2018: Moneycontrol Wealth Creator Awards 2018
- 2018: Asia Asset Management 2018 Best of the Best Awards.
- 2019: Asia Asset Management 2019 Best of the Best Awards.
- 2019: Outlook Money Awards 2019.
- 2019: Morningstar Awards 2019.
- 2020: Asia Asset Management 2020 Best of the Best Awards.
- 2021: Outlook Money Awards 2020.
- 2021: Asia Asset Management 2021 Best of the Best Awards.
Major Events and Milestones
- 1994: The Aditya Birla group and The Capital Group of Companies, Inc. USA jointly set up Birla Capital International AMC Limited.
- 1995: first equity fund - Birla Advantage Fund and first debt scheme - Birla Income Plus was launched.
- 1996: Expanded operations in Mauritius through Subsidiary, Aditya Birla Sun life AMC (Mauritius).
- 1999: Acquired rights to manage the schemes of Apple AMC and entered into the Existing Shareholders Agreement with inter alia Sun Life AMC, Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada.
- 2002: Launched portfolio management services.
- 2005: Acquired rights to manage the schemes of Alliance Capital Mutual Fund.
- 2008: Launched our CSIP with life insurance cover at 100 times the first SIP amount (after a three year period).
- 2011: Expanded business in Singapore and Dubai through our Subsidiaries Aditya Birla Sun Life Asset Management Company Pte Ltd and Aditya Birla Sun Life Asset Management Company, respectively.
- 2012: Launched Aditya Birla Financial Services Privilege Club, a loyalty program for MFDs.
- 2014: Conducted first investment event - Voyage, which is annual flagship investment event.
- 2014: Acquired rights to manage the schemes of ING AMC.
- 2014: Mutual fund QAAUM (excluding its domestic FoFs) crossed Rs 1,000 billion as of September 30, 2014.
- 2015: Launched personal finance magazine Samriddhi in select Shatabdi Trains which has reached over 5 million passengers across various routes, of June 30, 2021.
- 2016: Launched “Active Account” application, to facilitate quick and easy transactions in liquid funds.
- 2016: Launched ‘Investors Hangout’ and the same received over 70,000 active users and over 5.5 million YouTube views, as of June 30, 2021.
- 2017: Launch of instant redemption facility for liquid fund investors.
- 2018: Achieved over 6 million total folios (including our domestic FoFs).
- 2018: Mutual fund QAAUM (excluding its domestic FoFs) crossed Rs 2,500 billion as of September 30, 2018.
- 2021: Crossed closing AUM milestone of Rs 3,000 billion on July 29, 2021.
|Parent Organization||Aditya Birla Sun Life AMC Ltd.||Managing Director||A Balasubramanian|