About the Company
A2Z Maintenance was incorporated as “A2Z Maintenance Services Private Limited” on January 7, 2002 under the Companies Act. Pursuant to a resolution of the board of directors of the company dated April 28, 2005 and a special resolution of the shareholders at an extraordinary general meeting held on May 2, 2005, the name of the company was changed from “A2Z Maintenance Services Private Limited” to “A2Z Maintenance & Engineering Services Private Limited” to reflect the enhanced scope of services offered by the company. The fresh certificate of incorporation was issued by the RoC on June 13, 2005. Subsequently, pursuant to a special resolution of the shareholders of the company at an extraordinary general meeting held on March 12, 2010, the company became a public limited company and the word “private” was deleted from its name. The fresh certificate of incorporation to reflect the new name was issued by the RoC on March 26, 2010.
The company has been engaged in providing services to the power transmission and distribution sector with a focus primarily on the distribution segment. The company is diversifying this business to provide EPC services to power generation companies and companies in other sectors, including road and telecommunications. In addition, it is significantly focused on and involved in other businesses that include generating power from renewable energy sources (Renewable Energy Generation business), providing municipal solid waste management services (the MSW business), providing facility management services (the FMS business) and developing information technology (IT) solutions for power utilities (the Power IT Solutions business). The company’s business operations are geographically spread across India and conducted through the company and its direct and indirect subsidiaries.
The company has been operating in EPC business since fiscal 2006 and has historically focused primarily on the power distribution sector, where the EPC services include the installation of distribution line infrastructure with capacities of up to 33 KV, the construction of substations of up to 33 KV and participation in system strengthening projects and rural electrification projects. In the power transmission sector, where it has undertaken select projects, its EPC services portfolio includes the construction of extra high voltage (EHV) substations of up to 400 KV and EHV transmission lines of up to 765 KV. The company is executing projects in the power transmission and distribution sector in India for various state power utilities and central public sector utilities such as PGCIL, NTPC and NHPC.
In the MSW business, the company provides collection, transportation, processing, disposal and treatment of municipal solid waste (MSW). In a short span of time since 2008, it has been awarded contracts for setting up IRRFs on a BOOT basis with an aggregate MSW capacity of 3,800 tons per day (TPD) in six cities, the collection and transportation (C&T) of MSW of an aggregate capacity of 910 TPD in two cities and the processing and disposal of MSW of an aggregate capacity of 488 TPD in six cities in India. At present, the C&T activities in the cities of Indore, Patna, Varanasi and Meerut and the P&D activities in the city of Kanpur are operational.
The company has been engaged in FMS business since its incorporation in 2002 and differentiates itself by leveraging its engineering skills and assisting clients in adopting preventive maintenance and energy saving solutions. Its services in the FMS business include engineering maintenance, energy saving solutions, janitorial services, parking management, property lease management, telecommunications tower maintenance and security services to public and private sector clients.
Subsidiaries of the company
- A2Z Infrastructure
- A2Z Infraservices
- A2Z Powertech
- A2Z Powercom
- Imatek Solutions
- Selligence Technologies Services
- A2Z Waste Management (Varanasi)
- A2Z Waste Management (Aligarh)
- A2Z Waste Management (Merrut)
- A2Z Waste Management (Moradabad)
- A2Z Waste Management (Badaun)
- A2Z Waste Management (Balia)
- A2Z Waste Management (Basti)
- A2Z Waste Management (Loni)
- A2Z Waste Management (Fatehpur)
- A2Z Waste Management (Mirzapur)
- A2Z Waste Management (Jaunpur)
- A2Z Waste Management (Sambhal)
- CNCS Facility Solutions
- Mansi Bijlee & Rice Mills
- Madhya Bijlee
- Mirage Bijlee
- A2Z Maintenance & Engineering Services (Uganda)
- IL&FS Property Management & Services
Milestones and Achievements
- January 2002- Incorporation of the company.
- July 2006- Investment in the company by Rakesh Radheyshyam Jhunjhunwala.
- August 2007- Investment in the company by Beacon.
- December 2007- Acquisition by the company of Sri Eswara Sai Constructions Private Limited, a company engaged in the installation of transmission lines.
- April 2008- Amalgamation of Sri Eswara Sai Constructions Private Limited with and into the company with effect from January 1, 2008.
- July 2009- Transfer of the FMS business by the company to a subsidiary, A2Z Infraservices, with effect from April 2008.
- August and October 2009- Acquisition of 100% shares of Imatek in August 2009.
- October 2009- Investment in the company by Lexington and additional investment in the company by Beacon.
- May 2010- Acquisition of the entire business of Surendar Chowdhury and Brothers, a partnership firm, as a going concern.
- June 2010- Acquisition of the entire business of Mohd Rashid Contractors, a partnership firm, as a going concern.
- June 2010- Acquisition of the entire business of En-Tech Engineers and Contractors, a partnership firm, as a going concern.
- June 2010- A2Z Infrastructure was awarded the JCB, CII-APTDC award for excellence in Solid Waste Management by the Confederation of Indian Industry.
- August 2010- Acquisition of a 1% profit sharing ratio in Star Transformers, a partnership firm.
- October 2010- Acquisition of the entire equity share capital of IPMSL, an FMS company, by A2Z Infraservices.
|Parent Organization||A2Z Infra Engineering Ltd.||Managing Director||Amit Mittal|