About the Company
Wockhardt Ltd. is a global pharmaceutical and biotechnology organisation, providing affordable, high-quality medicines for a healthier world. It is India’s leading research-based global healthcare enterprise with relevance in the fields of Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology and a chain of advanced Super Speciality Hospitals. It is a true Indian Multi-National Company with a multi-ethnic workforce of many Wockhardt Associates from many different nationalities globally. It has many research centres and several manufacturing plants, with businesses ranging from the manufacture and marketing of Pharmaceutical and Bio-pharmaceutical formulations, Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) and Vaccines. It is a business in transition. New and innovative business models are in motion to make the most of emerging opportunities. A new drive for growth today permeates every mind-set, process and techno-innovation within Wockhardt.
Business area of the company
The company is a pharmaceutical and biotechnology company. The Company's businesses include manufacture and marketing of pharmaceutical and bio-pharmaceutical formulations, active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) and vaccines.
- Outstanding National Citizen Award by National Citizens Guild.
- Strathmore’s Who’s Who - Social Entrepreneur of the Year.
- AmeriCares India Spirit of Humanity Award.
- USA BF Foundation of the Year Award.
- HEF Award for ‘Outstanding contribution to the teaching community with special reference to Human Values.
- Best Pharma CSR award at the Pharmaceutical Leadership Summit.
- IDF - CSR Award.
- Inclusive India Award under the Corporate category for ‘Best Social Work in the Realm of Primary Healthcare’.
- IPE CSR Corporate Governance Award.
- Rajiv Gandhi Global Excellence Award.
- Rajiv Gandhi Excellence Award.
- Bharat Gaurav Award.
- Asian CSR Leadership Awards.
- CSR Excellence & Leadership Award.
- Asia Peace Award.
- Best CSR Project in Healthcare for Mobile 1000 Medical vans - India CSR.
- Best Community Development Award for Mobile 1000 - World CSR Congress.
- CSR Professional of the Year - World CSR Congress.
- Maharashtra Class Owners Association Meritorious Award for valuable contribution in the field of education.
- Bronze Award for Table Calendar - A.B.C.I (Association of Business Communicators of India).
- Social Entrepreneur of the Year 2015 - Pharma Leaders.
- Swachh Bharat Samman - India CSR.
- Best Environment Friendly Project for Bio-Toilets - Asian CSR Leadership Awards.
- CSR Leadership Award.
- Lions CSR Precious Award.
- Champion of WSIS Prize 2016 - World Summit on the Information Society.
- Outstanding Leadership Award - Nurturing the Future Foundation.
- Peace Leader of the Year 2016 - 7th India Leadership Conclave and Indian Affairs Business Leadership Awards 2016.
- Best Service Award for Significant National Contribution - Institute of Technology & Science.
- Asia Healthcare Excellence Award - CMO Asia.
- Excellence Award for Corporate Social Responsibility & Peace Mission - Indian Virtual University for Peace and Education (IVUP).
- Global NGO Excellence Award for Excellence in Mother & Child Care - World CSR Day.
- CSR Humanity Award’ by India CSR.
- Lifetime Achievement Award from the National Institute of Cleanliness Education and Research (NICER).
- Indian of the Year 2017 (Social Service) by ILC Power Brand.
- The Rotary Peace Ambassador Award by Rotary.
- CSR Impact Award by IndiaCSR.
- Magnificient Man Choice Award with specialization in CEO CSR Excellence from Hopewill International Business Academy.
- Game Changer Award by The HR Club.
- Sabarmati Festival Foundation Award for Outstanding Social Work from Sabarmati Festival Foundation.
- Divyang Ratna Award 2018 by Disable Welfare Trust of India.
- Mumbai Heroes Award from Blossom Media Pvt Ltd at the Humanity First Conclave.
- Inspiring Indian Award from Indian Ex Defence Service Employees Chamber of Commerce & Industries (IESECCI).
- Award for Peace Mobilization from Poddar Foundation at the Insure your Mental Health Conference (Celebrating World Health Day).
- Inspirational Indian of the Year at the The Mumbai Achievers Awards 2019 by Mumbai Halchal.
- Bharat Shree Award 2019.
- Rotary Award from Rotary Club of Mumbai Khar.
- H F F Excellence Award from Humanity First Foundation.
- ‘For the Sake of Honour’ Award from Rotary.
- Excellence in Human Welfare Award from Charity with a Twist, Nargis Dutt Foundation, ECOMO.
- Wockhardt receives US FDA approval for antibacterial Levofloxacin.
- Wockhardt launches Prostate drug Flomax in the United States on Day-1.
- Wockhardt receives US FDA approval for the generic version of Toprol XL, a cardiac drug.
- Wockhardt launches generic version of Protonix tablets in the US.
- Wockhardt receives US FDA approval for generic version of Effexor XR capsules.
- Wockhardt launches three new products in three weeks, in the United States.
- Wockhardt receives tentative US FDA approval for generic version of Patanol ophthalmic solution.
- Wockhardt launches generic version of anti-ulcer drug Prevacid.
- Wockhardt receives US FDA approval for generic version of Parkinsonism drug Requip XL.
- Wockhardt receives tentative US FDA approval for generic version of anti-psychotic drug Geodon.
- Wockhardt receives US FDA approval for generic version of Parkinson’s drug Comtan.
- Wockhardt receives the 'Best Enterprise' award from the Europe Business Assembly.
- Wockhardt launches generic version of anti-convulsant drug Lamictal XR.
- Wockhardt’s drug discovery gets a boost with fast track approval by USFDA.
- Wockhardt Receives ANDA Approval for pain medication Oxycodone liquid.
- Wockhardt receives Qualified Infectious Disease Product (QIDP) designation for its new Drug WCK 4873 from U.S. FDA -US FDA grants breakthrough (QIDP) drug discovery status to the New Antibiotic of Wockhardt.
- Wockhardt sets up its first manufacturing and R&D unit in Middle East.
- Wockhardt has received approval from the United States Food & Drug Administration (US FDA) for an ANDA for 50mg injection of Decitabine, which is used to treat certain forms of cancer.
- Wockhardt has received approval from the United States Food & Drug Administration (US FDA) for an ANDA for 100mg and 400mg tablets of Imatinib Mesylate, which is used to treat many kinds of cancers and tumors.
- Wockhardt has entered into an agreement with the UK Government to fill finish COVID-19 vaccines.
- Wockhardt has received approval from Indian drug regulator -- Drug Controller General of India (DCGI) for 2 new antibiotics, EMROK (IV) and EMROK O (Oral), which is used to treat acute bacterial skin and skin structure Infections including diabetic foot infections and concurrent bacteraemia based on the Phase 3 study involving 500 patients in 40 centres across India.
- Wockhardt has received approval for the transfer of business comprising 62 products and line extensions along with related business assets and liabilities, contracts, permits, intellectual properties, employees, marketing, sales and distribution of the same in the Domestic Branded Division in India, Nepal, Bhutan, Sri Lanka and Maldives; and manufacturing facility in Baddi, Himachal Pradesh, India, where some of the said pharmaceutical products which are being transferred are manufactured and together referred to as the Business Undertaking by way of a slump sale to Dr. Reddy's Laboratories for Rs 1,850 crore as per the terms and conditions specified in the Business Transfer Agreement (BTA).
- Wockhardt announced COVID-19 vaccine partnership with UK Government.
|Parent Organization||Wockhardt Ltd.||Managing Director||Murtaza Khorakiwala|