Hotel, Resort & Restaurants
|Market Cap||13,478 Cr||EPS||6.9||High||877.95|
|Stock P/E||125.2||Net Profit Margin||3.6||Low||861.5|
|Market Cap||13,478 Cr||ROE||21.8%|
|P/B Ratio||23.9||Dividend Yield||0.4%|
|Industry P/E||59.2||Book Value||36.1|
About the Company
Westlife Development Limited (WDL) is a part of the Mumbai-based B.L. Jatia Group. WDL is one of the fastest growing players in India’s quick service restaurant (QSR) sector, focusing on putting up and operating QSR in India through its wholly owned subsidiary Hardcastle Restaurants Pvt. Ltd. (HRPL). Westlife Development operates a chain of McDonald’s restaurants in west and south India through its subsidiary Hardcastle Restaurants Pvt. Ltd. (HRPL).
HRPL operates many McDonald’s restaurants across many cities in the states of Maharashtra, Karnataka, Telangana, Gujarat, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Chhattisgarh, Andhra Pradesh, Goa and parts of Madhya Pradesh, and provides direct employment. McDonald’s operates through various formats including standalone restaurants, drive-thru’s, mall food courts, McDelivery and dessert kiosks. It also has three thriving brand extensions - McDelivery, McCafe and McBreakfast.
Business area of the company
The company operates in the QSR sub-segment of the informal eating-out industry. Under the master franchisee arrangement with McDonald’s Corporation, the Company is responsible for financing all business operations and paying real estate interests, while McDonald’s Corporation offers technical, operational and business support.
Awards and Recognition
- WDL has been recognized for their contribution to the industry with several awards such as -‘Make In India’ Awards for excellence in the QSR category 2015.
- The Economic Times Awards for excellence in Supply Chain & Logistics 2015, among the elite set of the 10 greatest value creators in India.
- WDL was also awarded as one of Fortune India Next 500 companies in 2015.
- Ranked 9th globally as the most valuable brand by Forbes’2016 Brand Ranking.
- Presented with the ‘Great Place to Work’ award for the best Company to Work For in the retail industry.
- Ranked 11th globally as the most valuable brand as listed on Forbes’2018 Brand Ranking.
- Recognized as one of the best brands in the QSR industry by The Economic Times – Brand Equity.
- Ranked as one of the top 30 companies by ‘Great Places to Work’ under the retail segment.
- Westlife Development opening of the 1st restaurant in Mysore by Hardcastle Restaurants Pvt. Ltd., Companys subsidiary Company.
- Opening of the 1st restaurant in Kochi by Hardcastle Restaurants Pvt. Ltd.
- Westlife Development - McCafe Launches In India.
- McDonald’s unveils its ‘Masaaledaar’ Grilled Burger -Westlife Development has splits its face value from Rs 10/- to 2/- 2014.
- New Store Launch at Nadiad - November 25th 2014.
- Westlife Development December 2014 New Store Launch at Mangalore.
- Westlife Development Has Launch New Store at Aurangabad,Belagavi.
- Westlife Development - McDonald's expands its McCafe footprint in India.
- Westlife Development - McDonald's launching first restaurant in Rajkot, Gujarat.
- Westlife Development titled '’McDonald’s brings the Golden Arches to Hubli'’.
- Westlife Development Bengaluru First Stop on McCafe's Southward Journey in India - McDonald’s Announces Launch of 3 McCafe'.
- Westlife Development -McDonald's launching first McCafe in Kolhapur, Maharashtra.
- Westlife Development - McDonald’s opens its First Gold Standard Drive-Thru restaurant in Bharuch.
- Westlife Development - McDonald's opens its first outlet in Solapur.
- Westlife Development - McDonald's enters the state of Chhattisgarh with its first ever restaurant in Raipur.
- Westlife Development launches new McDonald in AP.
- McDonalds introduces McFizz drinks to beat the heat.
- McDonald’s India and Baahubali come together to walk the ramp for six talented designers.
- Westlife Development has announced the launch of its second restaurant in Goa.
- McDonald’s Introduces Whole Wheat Buns.
- McDonald’s inaugurates its first restaurant in Kakinada.
- McDonald’s expands its footprint in Kerala with its first outlet in Thiruvananthapuram.
- Westlife Development has resumed new store openings across its markets. The company has opened four new stores post March 2020 as it steadily continues to move towards pre-COVID levels of business.
- Hardcastle Restaurants (HRPL), a Master Franchisee for West & South India operations of McDonald’s restaurants and a subsidiary of the Westlife Development, has launched new packaging ‘EatQual’ designed for its specially abled customers.
- Westlife Development, the company that owns and operates McDonald’s restaurants in West and South India has elevated its already world-class safety and hygiene practices across its delivery, take-out, drive-thru and dine-in service platforms.
- Hardcastle Restaurants (HRPL), a Master Franchisee for West & South India operations of McDonald’s restaurants and a subsidiary of the Westlife Development, has launched a Contactless Delivery service to deliver happiness to the customers’ doorstep.
- Hardcastle Restaurants (HRPL), a Master Franchisee for West & South India operations of McDonald’s restaurants and a subsidiary of the Westlife Development, has partnered with online restaurant guide, food ordering and delivery platform Zomato for further expanding the availability and accessibility of McDelivery for the Northern and Eastern region.
|Parent Organization||Westlife Foodworld Ltd||Managing Director||Smita Jatia|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|