About the Company
Universal Cables (UCL), a M P Birla group company, was established in 1962 for manufacturing PILC Cables. The company is located at Satna -- a well known station of Central Railway about 180 km away from Allahabad & Jabalpur. The nearest airport is Khajuraho, which is about 125 km by road..UCL covers a broad range in the field of cables, conductors and capacitors. Apart from cables of standard designs to various national and international specifications, special cables are tailor made to suit customer’s requirement.
Copper conductors are made from high conductivity CC rods and aluminum conductors from EC grade aluminum rods. The aluminum rods are also made at the company’s own properzi plant.
UCL is a leading manufacturer of cables of all kinds and has facility for production, quality control and testing.
A memorandum of understanding was signed by BARC with Universal Cables Ltd. (UCL), Satna, on November 29, 2001 for developing thin walled electron beam crosslinked elastomeric cables. BARC provides technical consultancy and jointly develop the under-beam cable handling system and carry out initial trial irradiation runs of cables for process optimization. This work will be carried out by Radiation Technology Development Section of C&I Group at ILU-6 accelerator facility, Board of Radiation and Isotope Technology (BRIT) complex, Vashi, Navi Mumbai.
The Product range of the company includes:
- XLPE Cables up to 220 kv
- High Temperature Fluoro-plastic cables
- Winding wires & Flat cables
- PVC Cables up to 11 kv
- Elastomeric cables up to 30 kv
- Mixed dielectric and all PP Power Capacitors upto 145 kv
Apart from the traditional cables Unistar manufactures wide range of special cables for various applications.
The company has received recognition from various independent authorities as under:
- Quality system accreditation as per IS/ISO-9001 from Bureau of Indian Standards.
- Environmental Management Systems as per IS/ISO 14001 certified by Bureau of Indian Standards.
- Occupational Health & Safety Management System accreditation certified by Bureau Veritas as per OHSAS 18001.
- Accreditation of our R&D Laboratory by Department of Scientific and Industrial Research, Govt. of India.
- Representation in CIGRE, Paris for development of extra-high voltage cable technology.
- Approval of Quality System by South Afrcian Bureau of Standard(SABS)
- Certification of our product by Tariff Advisory Committee for equitable rate structure and risk in insurance sector.
- Approved under in-process quality control system by export inspection council, Govt. of India.
- Representation in technical committee of Bureau of Indian Standards for making specifications and R&D work related with cables and capacitors.
- Awarded Export Excellence certificate during 1989-90 for achieving highest export performance.
- National safety awards for longest accident free period.
- Approval from BARC for N.P.P. Cables
Clientele: Electricity Boards and Other Power Cos
- Transmisson Corporation of A.P. Ltd.
- A.E.Co. Ltd., Ahmedabad Electric Co. Ltd.
- BSES Ltd, BEST Mumbai.
- CESC Ltd.
- Delhi Vidyul Board
- Gujarat Electricity Board.
- Gujarat Industries Power Co. Ltd.
- Haryana State Electricity Board.
- Bharat Coking Coal Ltd.
- Central Coalfields Ltd.
- Eastern Coalfields Ltd.
- Northern Coalfields Ltd.
- Steel Authority of India Ltd.
- Tata Iron & Steel Co. Ltd.
- Malvika Steels Ltd.
Refineries & Petrochemicals
- Andhra Petrochemicals Ltd.
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd.
- Cochin Refineries Ltd., Cochin
- Hindustan Petroleum Corpn. Ltd.
- Haldia Petro-chemicals Ltd.
- Chittaranjan Locomative Works.
- Diesel Locomative Works.
- Diesel Component Works.
- Integral Coach Factory.
- Bharat Earth Movers Ltd.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. Bharat Electronics Ltd
|Parent Organization||Universal Cables Ltd.||Managing Director||Y S Lodha|