Breweries & Distilleries
|Market Cap||37,382 Cr||EPS||17.3||High||1444.15|
|Stock P/E||81.9||Net Profit Margin||-0.0||Low||1411|
United Breweries Price chart
|Market Cap||37,382 Cr||ROE||9.7%|
|P/B Ratio||9.5||Dividend Yield||0.7%|
|Industry P/E||64.2||Book Value||149.3|
About the Company
In 1915, the foundation of Good Times was laid with the coming together of 5 breweries in South India. The company’s beer business has shown strong growth and it is the undisputed king of the Indian beer market. United Breweries Limited is synonymous with innovation and aggressive marketing that is complemented by a strong distribution network which encompasses an impressive spread of owned and contract manufacturing facilities across the country. The company’s flagship brand 'Kingfisher', has achieved international recognition consistently, and has won many awards at international beer festivals. It’s most popular beer, Kingfisher Premium Lager beer, is currently available in many countries and leads the way among Indian beers in the international market.
Business area of the company
The company is into breweries business. It is among the largest beer company.
- Kingfisher Premium
- Kingfisher Strong
- Kingfisher Ultra
- Kingfisher Ultra Max
- Kingfisher Ultra Witbier
- Kingfisher Storm
- Kingfisher Blue
- Amstel Bier
- Cannon 10000
- Kalyani Black Label
- UB Export
- UB Export Strong
- London Pilsner
- London Pilsner Strong
- Kingfisher Radler Lemon
- Kingfisher Radler Mint & Lime
- Kingfisher Radler Ginger & Lime
- Kingfisher Premium Packaged Drinking Water
- Kingfisher Strong Power Soda
- Kingfisher Storm Strong Soda
- Kingfisher Ultra Non-Alcoholic
- Heineken 0.0
- Amstel Malt Classic Non-Alcoholic
- UBl Chennai received the prestigious safety management award for the year 2017 from Govt. of Tamil Nadu.
- UBL Chamundi received two award first place from CII-EHS for 2017-18 and CII – Excellence in EHS with five star rating for 2017-18.
- UBL Chennai & UBL Kuthambakkam were awarded 3-star ratings from the CII for Excellence in EHS.
- UBL Chamundi has been awarded a 4-star rating from the CII for Excellence in EHS.
- UBL Palakkad was awarded the 1st place by the Kerala State Pollution Control Board for Best Environment Initiatives in the large-scale Industries category.
- UBL Palakkad was awarded for its good safety system practice by the Kerala State Factories & Boilers in large-scale industries for the year 2019.
- UBL Chamundi won the Platinum award the Platinum award at the 18th annual Genentech Safety function 2019.
- UBL Srikakulam was awarded a three-star rating in appreciation to EHS practices at the CII-SR EHS Excellence Awards 2019.
- UBL Mangalore won the Green Award - 2019 from the KSPCB.
- Kingfisher Storm produced by its brewery at Srikakulam won the award “The Country’s Best” in World Beer Awards 2019, at United Kingdom.
- Brewery in Alwar, Rajasthan was bestowed with Bhamashah Award “Shiksha Bhushan” for the 5th consecutive year for exemplary work in the field of education under its CSR programme.
- Breweries in Tamilnadu received awards from Tiruvallur District Collector under “CSR MUMMARI SCHEME (Water Rejuvenation Project)” for its CSR activity.
- 1915: United Breweries (UB) forays into brewing with 5 breweries in South India.
- 1944: First bottled beer is created under the label 'Exports Beer'.
- 1948: Mr. Vittal Mallya becomes first Chairman.
- 1950: Bangalore is made headquarters.
- 1960: Kalyani Breweries is set up in Kalyani, West Bengal.
- 1965: Kesarwal Beverages is set up in Goa.
- 1974: High Range Breweries is set up in Cherthala in Kerala.
- 1974: UB brand is exported to Aden and Middle East.
- 1978: Punjab Breweries is set up in Ludhiana, Punjab.
- 1978: Kingfisher Premium is launched.
- 1981: Kingfisher canned beer is launched.
- 1982: Kingfisher Lager is launched in the UK & USA.
- 1983: Dr. Vijay Mallya becomes Chairman.
- 1993: Punjab Breweries, High Range Breweries, Kalyani Breweries & Kesarval Beverages get amalgamated into UB.
- 1994: Premier Breweries gets amalgamated into UB.
- 1996: Bombay Breweries is acquired.
- 1999: Kingfisher Strong is launched.
- 2000: Associated Breweries and Mangalore Breweries are acquired.
- 2001: Inertia Industries (name changed to Millennium Beer) gets acquired.
- 2001: Scheme of arrangement for separating brewery business into a new entity is introduced.
- 2002: Enters a Joint Venture with Scottish & Newcastle UK and McDowell Alcobev Ltd. (name since changed to Millennium Alcobev Pvt. Ltd. – MAPL).
- 2002: MAPL acquires GMR Beverages, Empee Breweries. GMR, Empee and Millennium Beer become subsidiaries of MAPL.
- 2005: UB enters into strategic alliance with Scottish & Newcastle. Scottish & Newcastle acquires equity shares of UB and becomes an equal promoter.
- 2005: Brewery business of Associated Breweries gets demerged into UB and Mangalore Breweries is amalgamated into UB. Associated Breweries continues to hold investments and remains a subsidiary of UB.
- 2006: Karnataka Breweries is acquired.
- 2006: Karnataka Breweries, London Pilsner Breweries and London Draft Pubs is amalgamated into UB.
- 2007: Greenfield breweries in Chopanki, Rajasthan and Khurda, Odisha commence operations.
- 2008: Kingfisher Blue is launched.
- 2009: Heineken NV acquires control over Scottish & Newcastle, and Heineken becomes promoter of UB.
- 2009: Kingfisher Ultra is launched.
- 2010: Greenfield brewery in Sangareddy District, Andhra Pradesh, commences operations.
- 2010: Heineken breweries in India come under the Management of UB.
- 2010: MAPL and four breweries of MAPL subsidiaries are amalgamated into UB.
- 2010: Associated Breweries and UB Nizam Breweries are amalgamated into UB.
- 2011: UB Ajanta Breweries and Chennai Breweries are amalgamated into UB.
- 2012: Greenfield Brewery in Nanjungud, Karnataka, commences operations.
- 2012: Heineken is brewed by UB in India.
- 2012: Scottish & Newcastle India is amalgamated into UB.
- 2014: UB acquires brewery assets i.e. land, building, plant and equipment in Shahjahanpur, Rajasthan.
- 2015: Greenfield Brewery in Naubatpur, Patna, Bihar commences operations.
- 2015: Kingfisher Ultra Max is launched.
- 2016: Kingfisher Buzz is launched.
- 2017: Kingfisher Storm is launched.
- 2018: Kingfisher Radler is launched.
- 2018: Kingfisher forays into the non-alcoholic segment.
- 2018: Completed a comprehensive 3600 machine guard audit for all the breweries to ensure high levels of safety when working on machines and moving parts.
- 2019: Ultra Max achieves one million cases.
- 2019: Kingfisher Ultra Draught is launched.
- 2020: UB Export signed Sandalwood superstar Rakshit Shetty.
|Parent Organization||United Breweries Ltd.||Managing Director||Rishi Pardal|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|