About the Company
Titan Company Ltd. (Titan), a joint venture between the Tata Group and the Tamil Nadu Industrial Development Corporation (TIDCO), commenced its operations in 1984 under the name Titan Watches Limited. Titan is the fifth largest integrated own brand watch manufacturer in the world. Over the last three decades, Titan has expanded into underpenetrated markets and created lifestyle brands across different product categories. Titan is widely known for transforming the watch and jewellery industry in India and for shaping India's retail market by pioneering experiential retail. The Company continues to grow and set new standards for innovation and quality with each new offering.
Business area of the company
Titan Company Limited is engaged in offering watches, jewelry, Eyewear and others.
Products and Services
Watches & Accessories
Through the years, Titan has maintained its strong foothold in the watch market with the introduction of impeccably crafted collections made for the discerning customer. The Watch Products division is where the Titan story began. Today, this division has placed Titan Company among the world's largest retail networks and earned the company the place of fifth largest integrated watch manufacturer in the world. The division continues to add world-class brands to the company's portfolio.
In this segment its brand Tanishq has wide range of diamond, gold and platinum jewellery. Tanishq started its journey in 1994, challenging the established family jeweller system prevalent in India with the launch of 18K gold watches studded with precious stones. Over the years, it has evolved into one of the finest jewellery brands, synonymous with exquisite craftsmanship and superlative quality. Offering traditional and modern statement pieces in gold, diamond and platinum, Tanishq offers an experience nonpareil, taking into consideration every customer’s unique needs and preferences.
The third major venture of consumer business by Titan Company, Titan Eye+ redefined the way the organized optical retail market in India operates. It offers products a world class optical retail experience which not only showcases the best in contemporary design & style but also unsurpassed optical expertise thanks to the technical collaboration with Sankara Nethralaya, India's premier eye care institute. Through pioneering concepts such as the open touch-feel-browse format, complete transparency in pricing, contemporary styles, free insurance on spectacles backed by quality & trust that customers have come to expect from the House of Tata, Titan Eye+. It has recently introduced the remote online eye testing facility.
New Business Division
Taneira - With the aim to revive one of the oldest occupations in its country - handloom weaving, Titan launched its youngest brand, Taneira in January 2017. After travelling across the length and breadth of India, Taneira brings together some of the most exquisite collection of handlooms like Mugas from Assam, cottons from Chettinad, Tussars from Bhagalpur, Ikats from Gujarat, Andhra and Orissa, Jamdhanis from Bengal, Chikankari work from Lucknow, exotic Banarasi silks, exquisite Kanjeevarams, heirloom pieces like Patan Patolas, Muslin Jamdhanis and so on.
SKINN - With the combination of the best international fragrance expertise and one of India’s most trusted brands; SKINN Titan redefines the Indian fragrance industry with its product offering. Assuring the highest quality and bearing the hallmark of Titan, the SKINN range is specially crafted by blending exotic yet contemporary notes that are native to rarest and finest of the ingredients sourced from myriad locations across the world.
Brands of the company
- Titan Raga
- Titan EyePlus
- Titan received the AWAAZ Consumer Award 2006, in the Consumer Durable Category as the Most Preferred Watch of the consumers.
- Tanishq won the 'Best Store Experience' award from the Platinum Guild International, London.
- Sonata wins the ‘Best Brand Launch of the Year’ at the ‘Brand Equity Marketing Awards’.
- Tanishq received the ‘Red Dot: Best of the Best’ award for innovative laser cut tube jewellery. Red Dot is the most prestigious and coveted award in the world in the field of Product Design and the ‘Red Dot: Best of the Best’ is the highest award in the competition and is awarded for groundbreaking design innovation.
- Tanishq Rivaah wins Gold in Effie Awards 2019.
- Tanishq received the ‘World Branding Award’ in London at Kensington Palace. Tanishq was the only brand selected from India.
- Tanishq wins ‘Excellence in customer service and sales process initiative’ at the ‘Retail Jewellers Guild Awards’.
- Titan EyePlus felicitated by NASSCOM in the Special Category – ‘Best use of technology by an enterprise for Excellent Customer Service’.
- Titan EyePlus wins Bronze in the prestigious ACEF Asian Leadership Awards.
- Titan EyePlus won at the ‘International Customer Experience Awards’ in ‘Best Customer Experience Strategy’ category, hosted by CXInternational in Amsterdam and judged by 84 CEOs and global customer experience specialists. Jury was impressed with the brand’s transforming NPS.
- Titan Company accredited ‘Best Employer Award’ by Tamil Nadu Government under the category of ‘Employing most number of differently-abled personnel.’
- Titan manufacturing units won multiple Health & Safety awards from ‘National Safety Council’.
- Titan Watches e-commerce bags 3 awards at Digies 2019.
- Titan won ‘Design Honour’ award for the project Raga Masaba at the Tata Innovista Finals.
- Titan Watches e-commerce bags DMA ASIA ECHO Awards 2019 in the ‘Best Customer Acquisition Campaign’category.
- Titan Watches wins the Brand Equity Shark Awards.
- Titan’s Encircle program wins in Loyalty Program category in Future of Retail Awards 2019.
- Titan Company wins the R K Swamy High Performance Brand Award by AIMA.
- Tanishq wins at Global Marketing Excellence Awards 2019 in the outdoor category for Outdoor and Location Based Marketing.
- Tanishq wins at the Great Lifestyle Brands Awards; Smarties 2019 India; Maddies Mobile Awards 2019; Sammies 2019.
- World of Titan wins ‘Customer Service Excellence’ and ‘Retail Store of Year – Merchandising’ awards in Future of Retail Awards 2019.
- Titan EyePlus wins Bronze in the prestigious ACEF Asian Leadership Awards.
- The company’s production commenced in 1986 and March, 1987 saw the launch of the brand Titan. It sprung to instant claim with the analogue electronic Quartz watches bringing in a paradigm shift to the Indian watch market. This paved way for further extension to bracelets, cases, electronic circuitry and step motors.
- The brand Tanishq was launched in 1996.
- Fastrack - the fun and youthful brand of watches and accessories, and accessories line in 2003; Precision Engineering in 2005, and the Titan Eyewear Division in 2007 - a project of prescription eyewear, complete with specialized outlets, catering to customers’ every need.
- Titan launched Mia, a stunning range of fine, urban chic, affordable jewellery crafted for working women.
- saw Titan penetrating the perfume market by launching SKINN, redefining the Indian fragrance industry by assuring the highest quality and bearing the hallmark of Titan.
- Titan Company has entered into a Joint Venture agreement with Montblanc Services B.V. Netherlands for establishing operations in India for carrying on single brand retail trade.
- Titan Company Ltd which is engaged in manufacturing of watches/accessories, jewelry, precision engineering and eyewear stated that their jewellery division has launched first Karigar centre for jewellery manufacturing in Hosur.
- Titan Company Ltd - Titan adds one more feather to its Manufacturing Excellence: Commences World Class Stainless Steel Case production in Coimbatore
- Maison Montblanc has entered into a partnership with Titan Company Ltd.
- Titan Company Ltd and HP has entered into a partnership.
- Titan Company Ltd Joint Venture with Montblanc Services B.V, Netherlands - Continuous Disclosure.
- Tanishq took over Carat Lane, to offer beautiful jewellery and a distinctive shopping experience that fits today’s values and lifestyles.
- Titan Company has incorporated ‘Titan Global Retail LLC’, Dubai, as a subsidiary company of Titan Holdings International FZCO, Dubai, which in turn is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Company.
- Titan Company has strengthened its offerings in the Fastrack portfolio with launch of ‘Fastrack Perfumes.
- Titan Company’s watch brand -- Sonata has forayed into the Smart Wearables category with a range of hybrid Smartwatches - Stride.
- Titan Company has launched its first international Tanishq store in Dubai as part of expanding regions outside India.
- Titan Company and Montblanc by mutual agreement have ended their joint venture partnership in India.
- Titan Company’s perfume brand -- SKINN has launched Escapade a refreshing new range of perfumes for men.
- Titan Company has entered into partnership with State Bank of India (SBI) to introduce a range of Titan Pay watches powered by YONO, the lender's mobile banking app.
- Titan Company has acquired Hyderabad-based technology and wearables firm HUG Innovations.
- Titan Company has launched 'Titan Connected X', a full-touch smartwatch with 13 features in the Indian market.
|Parent Organisation||Titan Company Ltd.||Managing Director||C K Venkataraman|