About the Company
Thyrocare Technologies Ltd. is India's first and most advanced Totally Automated Laboratory having its strong presence in several cities / towns in India and internationally. Thyrocare is India's first fully automated diagnostic laboratory with a focus on providing quality at affordable costs to laboratories and hospitals in India and other countries. Thyrocare operates with a Centralized Processing Laboratory (CPL) in Mumbai - India for esoteric tests; and Regional Processing Laboratory in major metro cities of India and other parts of Asia. It has focus on strong technologies, strong brands and strong systems that enable all laboratories to give their clients the best of science and technology at an affordable cost. Thyrocare became one of the first Indian diagnostic laboratories to obtain internationally renowned quality accreditations like ISO 9001-2000 rating as early as 2001, which is now escalated to ISO 9001:2008 and CAP (College of American Pathologists) certification in 2007.
Business area of the company
Thyrocare Technologies is an India-based healthcare service provider. The Company operates with a centralized processing laboratory (CPL) in Mumbai, India for esoteric tests, and regional processing laboratory in metro cities of India and other parts of Asia. The Company offers technologies, including Chemiluminescence Immunoassay (CLIA), Enzyme Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA), High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), Capillary Electrophoresis (CE), Ion Selective Electrode (ISE), Fluorescence Flow Cytometry, Nephelometry, Photometry, Liquid Chromatography Mass Spectrometry (LC-MS), Inductively Coupled Plasma-Mass Spectrometry (ICP-MS) and Cytogenetics. The Company offers cancer diagnosis and water testing through its brands Nueclear and Whaters, respectively.
Major events and milestones
- 2000: The company was incorporated in the name and style of ‘Thyrocare Technologies Limited’ and received a certificate for commencement of operations.
- 2001: The company received ISO 9001 certification.
- 2001: The company commenced commercial operations under the brand name ‘Thyrocare’ pursuant to the acquisition of business of TDPL and TBPL (which were incorporated in 1996).
- 2005: The company received NABL accreditation.
- 2006: The company issued certain fully convertible debentures aggregating to Rs 250 million to BCCL.
- 2007: The company receives accreditation from the College of American Pathologists (CAP).
- 2010: The company issued certain compulsorily convertible debentures aggregating to Rs 250 million to Agalia. Agalia also acquired certain Equity Shares aggregating to Rs 1,250 million from its Promoters and certain other persons.
- 2010: The company launched wellness packages under the brand name ‘Aarogyam’.
- 2011: The company migrated to ‘total laboratory automation system’ installed by Siemens for efficient handling of increasing volumes.
- 2012: NVP acquired certain Equity Shares aggregating to Rs 1,200 million from certain entities.
- 2013: EIF acquired certain Equity Shares from Agalia.
- 2013: The company’s subsidiary commenced operations at the PET-CT centres at Navi Mumbai and conducted over 1,000 scans in the first year of operation.
- 2014: The company had installed, India’s first and the world’s longest track automation system for seamless sample movements from Siemens Limited.
- 2014: The company commissioned the operations in medical cyclotron facility in Navi Mumbai.
- 2014: The company’s subsidiary commenced operations at the PET-CT centres in New Delhi and Hyderabad and the PET-CT centres at New Delhi conducted over 1,000 scans in the first year of operations.
- 2015: The company opened RPLs in Delhi, Coimbatore, Hyderabad and Kolkata to expand its coverage and volume of tests and samples processed daily.
- 2015: The company acquired the equipment for testing of water samples and commenced operating the equipment under the brand name ‘WHATERS’. These tests, at present, include physical and chemical testing, elements testing, microbiology testing, pesticide testing and volatile organic compounds testing.
- 2015: The company’s subsidiary has completed over 10,000 scans at the PET-CT centres in New Delhi, over 10,000 scans at the PET-CT centres in Navi Mumbai from the date of inception and over 1,000 scans at the PET-CT centres in Hyderabad since inception.
- 2015: The Company opened RPLs in Delhi, Coimbatore, Hyderabad and Kolkata to expand its coverage and volume of tests and samples processed daily.
- 2015: The Company acquired the equipment for testing of water samples and commenced operating the equipment under the brand name ''WHATERS''. These tests, at present include physical and chemical testing, elements testing, microbiology testing, pesticide testing and volatile organic compounds testing.
- 2015: The Subsidiary has completed over 10,000 scans at the PET-CT centres in New Delhi, over 10,000 scans at the PET-CT centres in Navi Mumbai from the date of inception and over 1,000 scans at the PET-CT centres in Hyderabad since inception.
- 2016: Thyrocare Technologies are listed and admitted to dealings on the Exchange in the list of 'B' Group Securities.
- 2016: Entered the Public listed sphere of healthcare – IPO.
- 2016: Launched 2 new RPLs and NGSP Certification:- Certified with National Glycohemoglobin Standardization Program Certification (NGSP) for HbA1c Testing, and Launched 2 Regional Processing Laboratories- Bhopal and Bangalore, with state-of-the-art automations efficient as CPL, controlled via a centralized server.
- 2016: Aarogyam Today: Launched a second monthly publication addressing daily health concerns - Aarogyam Today.
- 2016: Launched IFA (Immunofluorescence) for Autoimmunity testing.
- 2017: Launched Molecular Biology Division (PCR).
- 2018: Patna Regional Processing Laboratory (RRL) was launched.
- 2018: Last Mile Executive (LMEs) pickup service started in 15 plus cities.
- 2018: Thyrocare and Thyroshop Mobile App were launched.
- 2020: Thyrocare Technologies launching Blood-based Cancer Screening Profile.
|Parent Organization||Thyrocare Technologies Ltd.||Managing Director||Rahul Guha|