About the Company
Suzlon energy is leader in wind energy in the India, which is world’s fifth largest wind energy market .The company, which was established in 1995, now has global presence. Its business model has range of services that include development, manufacturing, marketing, EPC project delivery & operations and maintenance of wind turbine generators around the world. It is Asia’s strongest growing fully integrated wind power company and ranks amongst the top ten in the world. The company, in just a decade of its operation, has installed over 3 Gigawatt of wind turbine capacity in projects around the world. Suzlon’s emphasis on higher efficiency, reduced stresses, power quality, high performance and reliability, low operation costs, and increased safety delivering high performance turbines ensuring increased returns on investment.
Business area of the company
Suzlon is a pioneer in providing end-to-end wind power solutions for increasing demand for wind energy over the world. It has state of the art R & D centers & training campuses in India. It believes in combining global experience with local expertise to maximize techno-economic value for their clients. It offers turbines in customized versions for installation in accordance to climate ranging from hot, dry deserts to humid coasts, to near-freezing plains.
Suzlon S111 Wind Turbine: The S111 Wind Turbine Generator with a rotor diameter of 111.8 metres has been designed for higher energy generation and better return on investment.
Suzlon S120 Wind Turbine: Built on the highly successful 2.1 MW platform. With S120, Suzlon has yet again redefined the benchmark and built a world-class product specifically for low wind sites found commonly in India.
Suzlon S128 Wind Turbine: India’s largest wind turbine with hub-height of 140M and swept area of more than 13,000 sq. mts, the S128 is shifting the paradigm in market.
- Top 100 CISO Awards 2013: Suzlon received the ''Top 100 CISO Award'' for its OMS Information security project
- Asian Brand and Leadership Summit 2013: Tulsi R. Tanti receives Asia’s Most Influential Leader Award and Suzlon receives the award for being Asia’s Most Promising Brand for 2012-2013 at the Asian Brand and Leadership Summit 2013, initiated by WCRC
- Central Board of Irrigation and Power (CBIP) Award: Suzlon received the CBIP award for Best Wind Power Equipment Manufacturer and Turnkey Supplier under the Renewable Energy Institutions category for its outstanding contribution in the development of the renewable energy sector, particularly relating to manufacturing of latest state-of-the-art wind power equipment and turnkey projects besides providing consultancy and O&M
- CII-ITC Sustainability Award: Suzlon is awarded the prestigious CII-ITC Sustainability Award as a recognition for its commitment towards deploying CSR policies and processes within an organization. The award is a part of the continued efforts of CII-ITC Centre of Excellence for Sustainable Development to create awareness, promote policy and practices, and create capacity to mainstream sustainability practices
- Thomas Reuters India Innovation Award 2014: Suzlon won the Thomson Reuters India Innovation Awards 2014 in the Corporate HiTech category in recognition for its innovation and entrepreneurship in India. The award honors the most innovative academic institutions and commercial enterprises headquartered in India for their spirit of innovation in R&D as it relates to Indian patent publications.
- Make in India Awards for Excellence 2015: Suzlon declared as one of the winners for the prestigious 'Make In India Awards for Excellence - 2015' under the category of Energy at an award ceremony that took place on 18th August 2015 at Mahatma Mandir, Gandhidham
- Thomson Reuters India Innovation Awards 2016: Suzlon featured in the list of the top 50 Indian innovators of 2015 at the Thomson Reuters India Innovation Awards 2015
- Wow Awards Asia 2016: Tech Vision 2020, a mega event hosted by Suzlon in January 2016, for its customers and investor groups has won two silver awards - Corporate Meeting of the Year, and Corporate Conference of the Year
- Renewable Energy India (REI) Awards 2016: Tulsi Tanti, Chairman, Suzlon Group, wins Industry Man of Year award
- SWITCH Awards 2016: Suzlon wins the prestigious SWITCH Awards in the following categories:- SWITCH Lifetime Achievement Award to Tulsi Tanti and SWITCH 1st Runner Award for Best Stall in large category
- IWEF Awards 2016: Suzlon is honoured with the following awards by IWEF:- IWEF Award for Wind Turbine Tower Technology Company of the Year, and IWEF Runner Up Award for Wind Turbine Manufacturer of the Year.
- Suzlon Global Services Limited wins 1st Prize at the prestigious IMC Ramkrishna Bajaj National Quality Award
- Suzlon Won Digital Transformer Award, Operating Model Master Award and Talent Accelerator Award at the 3rd Annual 2019 International Data Corporation (IDC) Digital Transformation Awards (Dxa).
- Suzlon was formed with the idea of giving customers a complete package of wind energy services.
- Suzlon commissioned its first 0.27MW WTG for Indian Petrochemicals Ltd in Gujarat.
- It commissioned WTGs in the state of Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu.
- The company crossed the 100MW installed-capacity mark in this period.
- Suzlon also commissioned its first 1MW WTG for the then Tata Group Company, Niskalp Investments in the year 2000.
- It commenced operations in the USA and Germany through wholly owned subsidiaries Suzlon Wind Energy Corp, and Suzlon Energy GmbH respectively.
- A representative office was opened in Beijing.
- Suzlon Energy (Australia) was formed and commenced operations as a wholly owned subsidiary.
- Suzlon Energy A/S, Denmark was formed as a wholly owned subsidiary.
- Flags off Suzlon's first export order to the USA in 2002
- Suzlon was listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange and the National Stock Exchange.
- In 2005, Suzlon achieved a new milestone in its growth by crossing the 1GW installed capacity mark in India.
- Suzlon achieved the superbrand status - a testament to its leadership and technological innovation.
- Suzlon became the only power company in India, the sole renewable energy company in Asia and the lone wind power company in the world to achieve this status.
- It also ranked 5 in the world among WTG manufacturers in terms of installed capacity.
- The company produced a variant - the S97 2.1MW wind turbine generator (WTG), built with a hybrid tower (lattice/tubular combination) and a hub-height of 120 meters in 2012.
- The S111 2.1MW WTG suite, part of the S9X series, also received certification from TÜV NORD for its 50 Hz and 60 Hz variants in 2015. This certification was awarded for conforming to standards and regulations for design, testing, and manufacturing of the WTG.
- In 2015, Suzlon signed definitive agreements with Dilip Shanghvi Family and Associates (DSA) for equity investments of Rs 1,800 crore in Suzlon Energy Limited for equity infusion to accelerate growth.
- It commissioned its 10,000th WTG at the Artilleros wind farm in Uruguay.
- Suzlon’s landmark initiatives, Pure Air Lovers' Society (PALS) and a state-of-the-art training centre for wind technicians in North America were successful in their objectives - creating a community of people supporting wind energy in the case of PALS and preparing for future manpower needs in the latter case.
- Inaugurates Suzlon’s rotor blade manufacturing unit at Badnawar, Ratlam
- Suzlon achieves landmark milestone of 10,000 MW of wind energy installation in India
- Suzlon’s first S111 120m 2.1MW Wind Turbine Generator achieves 42% Plant Load Factor
- Suzlon wins two projects of 300 MW and 200 MW each under SECI bid
- Suzlon successfully completes commissioning of 340 MW solar projects
- Suzlon Installs and Commissions S128; India's largest Wind Turbine Generator
- Suzlon secures 50.4 MW order from Atria Power
- Suzlon successfully completes Debt Restructuring
|Parent Organization||Suzlon Energy Ltd.||Managing Director||Vinod R Tanti|