About the Company
Strides Pharma Science Limited, incorporated in 1990, is a global pharmaceutical company headquartered in Bangalore, India. The Company has two business verticals, viz., Regulated Markets and Emerging Markets. Strides has a global manufacturing footprint with eight manufacturing facilities spread across four continents, including five US FDA approved facilities and two facilities for the rest of world markets. The Company has a dedicated R&D facility in India with global filing capabilities and a strong footprint across many countries.
Business area of the company
The company’s core competence is in the development and manufacture of wide range of niche and technically complex pharmaceutical products. The company is also among the world's largest soft gelatin capsule manufacturers.
Soft gel capsules - The company manufactures range of soft gel in category of nutraceuticals, Rx, specialty OTCs and immunosuppressants.
Steriles- Under this, it offers its products in therapeutic segments that includes beta-lactams and cephalosporins. The company manufactures striles in various forms such as prefill syringes, ampoules, vials and penicillins.
- Received several customer award including the Cardinal Health Supply Chain Excellence Award for 2017
- The Global Presence Award
- Foreign owned business Award
- Strides Arcolab receives ANDA approval from USFDA for Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate and Emtricitabine Tablet.
- Strides Arcolab announces US FDA approval for its Italian Semi-solids and Oinment facility.
- Strides announces WHO pre-qualification for Artemether + Lumifantrine -StelisBiopharma and Pieris Forge Alliance for Novel Anticalin Therapeutics in Ophthalmology.
- Strides Arcolab - Re-branding Biotech Business as ''Stelis''.
- Strides Arcolab - Pfenex Inc. and Agila Biotech Private Ltd Announce Joint Venture to Develop Biosimilar Products for the Global Market.
- Medicines for Malaria Venture announces collaborations with Cipla and Strides.
- Strides Arcolab makes strategic investment in Oncobiologics Inc., USA.
- Strides partners with Gilead Sciences Inc, to bring Hepatitis C cure to 91 developing countries.
- Strides Arcolab receives US FDA approval for Buspirone Tablets.
- Strides Arcolab receives US FDA approval for Calcitriol Softgel.
- Strides Arcolab acquires 'Raricap' and India Branded Generic Business of Bafna.
- Strides Arcolab to acquire Shasun Pharma in all stock deal.
- Strides Arcolab Ltd. has entered into an agreement with Fortuna Public Relations Pvt. Ltd., Delhi appointing them as Company's Public Relations Agenc
- Strides Arcolab Ltd that it has entered into a licensing agreement with Gilead Sciences Inc,
- Strides Arcolab Ltd has launched the generic drug Sofosbuvir in India ''Virso''
- Strides Arcolab gets USFDA nod for Polyethylene Glycol 3350 -Strides Arcolab gets USFDA nod for HIV treatment drug
- Strides Arcolab Ltd has approved the merger of Shasun Pharmaceuticals Ltd with the company.
- Strides Arcolab has completed the Rs 1,910-crore acquisition of Aspen Pharmacare, Australia.
- Strides Arcolab acquires CNS divisions of erstwhile Ranbaxy
- Strides Arcolab Ltd has changed from its present name ''Strides Arcolab Limited'' to Strides Shasun Limited
- Strides Shasun updates on ''Acquisition of seven brands from Johnson & Johnson''.
- Strides Shasun update on ''Acquisition of CNS divisions of erstwhile Ranbaxy''. -''Strides Shasun to acquire a strategic stake in Generic Partners Holdings, Australia.
- Strides Shasun to acquire controlling stake in Universal Corporation, Kenya.
- Strides Shasun receives USFDA Tentative Approval for Efavirenz Tablet.
- Strides Shasun announces successful completion of US FDA inspection at its Oral Dosage Facility in Bangalore.
- Launched consumer health division in a difficult market environment.
- Product filing and approval gained momentum with 12 new ANDA filings and 14 product approvals received
- Witnessed single-digit price erosion for front-end portfolio
- Re-launched erstwhile partnership molecules through front-end business witnessing encouraging traction which contributed to a sequential ramp-up in the US business.
- Completed acquisition of Vensun Pharmaceuticals and took 100% ownership in a joint venture with Vivimed Labs adding ~US$ 25 million additional sales and a combined portfolio of 100+ ANDAs.
- Entered into a strategic partnership with SUDA Pharmaceuticals for an exclusive agreement for novel and a fast-acting oral spray of sumatriptan in the US market.
- Increased production capacity up to 1.4 Billion tablets annually on single shift operations, with new equipment-like continuous coater, high speed automatic inspection machine-and technology - for manufacturing hot molten liquid fill into a hard gelatin capsule
- Successfully transferred eight products of which three are approved by the US FDA; the remaining five products are expected to receive US FDA approval within the next six months.
- Implemented Manufacturing Execution System (MES) in processing facility, with integrated electronic batch record.
- Installed packaging serialization and automated materials tracking system (GEM-MT).
- Equipped the unit with laser-based, high-end inspection system for scanning tablets and capsules with 3D cameras, which can identify defects as low as 20 microns leading to a high level of automated quality controls.
- Launched two products from the Singapore unit under the procurements administered by the Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) in the US, based on its eligibility as a designated country.
- Initiated transfer of eight new products to be manufactured in the Singapore unit.
|Parent Organization||Strides Pharma Science Ltd.||Managing Director||Arun Kumar|