Finance - NBFC
|Market Cap||46,927 Cr||EPS||101.5||High||0|
|Stock P/E||12.4||Net Profit Margin||18.8||Low||0|
Shriram Transport Price chart
|Market Cap||46,927 Cr||ROE||11.3%|
|P/B Ratio||1.7||Dividend Yield||1.6%|
|Industry P/E||35.9||Book Value||746.7|
About the Company
Shriram Transport Finance Company (STFC) is the flagship company of the Shriram group which has significant presence in in financial services viz., commercial vehicle financing business, consumer finance, life and general insurance, stock broking, chit funds and distribution of financial products such as life and general insurance products and units of mutual funds. The Company was incorporated in the year 1979 and is registered as a Deposit taking NBFC with Reserve Bank of India under section 451A of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934. STFC decided to finance the much neglected Small Truck Owner. Shriram understood the power of 'Aspiration' much before marketing based on 'Aspiration' became fashionable. Shriram started lending to the Small Truck Owner to buy new trucks. But it found a mismatch between the Aspiration and Ability.
Business area of the company
The company is one of the largest asset financing NBFC in the country and holistic finance provider for the commercial vehicle industry and seeks to partner small truck owners for every possible need related to their assets.
- Commercial vehicle loans
- Business loans
- Working Capital loans
- Life insurance
- Emergency credit line guarantee scheme (ECLGS)
- 2012: Shriram Transport Finance Company wins CNBC TV18 Best Bank and Financial Institution Awards
- 2012: Shriram Transport Finance Company Ltd wins the ICAI Awards for Financial Reporting'
- 2017- Shriram Transport Finance Company selected Asia's most Promising Brand 2017
- 1979: STFC was established.
- 1984: Initial public offering.
- 1990: Investment from Telco & Ashok Leyland.
- 1999: Tied up with Citi Group for CV financing under portfolio management services.
- 1999: the 1st securitization transaction by STFC.
- 2002-04: Preferential allotment of Citi Finance (India).
- 2002-04: Preferential allotment to Axis Bank and Reliance Capital.
- 2005-06: Investment from ChrysCapital.
- 2005-06: Investment from TPG.
- 2005-06: Merger of Shriram Investment Ltd. and Shriram Overseas Finance Ltd. with STFC; PAT crosses Rs 1,000 million.
- 2009: Successfully placed Rs 10 billion of NCD with domestic investors.
- 2009: Purchased hypothecation loan outstanding of commercial vehicle and construction of GE Capital Services India and GE Capital Finance Services (GE) aggregating to around Rs 11 billion.
- 2010: Securitised Rs 87.57 billion during FY 2010.
- 2010: Successfully raise Rs 5.84 billion through QIP with domestic & international investors. Initiated financing of construction equipment.
- 2011: Introduced Shriram Automalls - a dedicated platform for trading of pre-owned trucks at a fair value.
- 2013: AUM crosses Rs 500 billion.
- 2015: India Ratings & Research Long-Term rating upgraded to ‘AA+’.
- 2015: CRISIL upgraded long-term debt rating to ‘AA+/FAAA/Stable’.
- 2017: Successfully raised Rs 13.5 billion through issuance of ‘Masala Bonds’ Senior Secured Rupee Denominated Bonds listed on Singapore Stock Exchange.
- 2018: AUM crosses Rs 1000 billion
- 2019: Raised $500 million on through offshore bonds.
- 2019: Within months, global investors reposed faith on the company showing the company’s robust credit fundamentals.
|Parent Organisation||Shriram Finance Ltd.||Managing Director||Umesh Revankar|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|