About the Company
Sona BLW Precision Forgings is one of India’s leading automotive technology companies, designing, manufacturing and supplying highly engineered, mission critical automotive systems and components such as differential assemblies, differential gears, conventional and micro-hybrid starter motors, BSG systems, EV traction motors (BLDC and PMSM) and motor control units to automotive OEMs across US, Europe, India and China, for both electrified and non-electrified powertrain segments. The company is a technology and innovation driven company. With a strong focus on research and development (R&D), it develops mechanical and electrical hardware systems, components as well as base and application software solutions, to meet the evolving demands of its customers. It is one of a few companies globally, with the ability to design high power density EV systems handling high torque requirements with a lightweight design, while meeting stringent durability, performance and NVH specifications, enabling EV manufacturers to enhance the vehicle range, acceleration and the overall efficiency.
The company has nine manufacturing and assembly facilities across India, China, Mexico and USA, of which six are located in India, from where it supplies its products to six out of the top ten global PV OEMs, three out of the top ten global CV OEMs and seven out of the top eight global tractor OEMs by volume. It currently supplies differential assemblies, differential gears, EV Traction Motors to customers in US, China and India, for use in hybrid and battery electric passenger vehicles, hybrid and battery electric light commercial vehicles, electric two-wheelers and electric three-wheelers.
Business area of the company
The company is one of the leading automotive technology companies in India. It is primarily engaged in designing, manufacturing, and supplying high-quality mission-critical automotive components such as differential assemblies, gears, conventional and micro-hybrid starter motors, etc.
- 2011: JLRQ Supplier Excellence Award from JLR.
- 2011: Award of Excellence from Global OEM of PVs and CVs.
- 2012: Best Supplier Award-IBU Business Growth from TAFE.
- 2012: Best Technology Partner from Spicer India (Dana).
- 2013: Supplier Recognition Award for Outstanding Contribution from North American Tier 1 Supplier for PVs, CVs, OHVs and EVs.
- 2013: Overall Performer of the Year Award from Escorts.
- 2013: Best Supplier Award for Consistent Performance in Quality and Reliability from TAFE.
- 2013: Best Supplier in Performance (Forging) from Indian Tier 1 Supplier for CVs.
- 2014: Supplier Excellence Award from TMA (John Deere).
- 2015: Best Supplier Award- Exemplary Performance Quality and Reliability from TAFE.
- 2015: Award for Best Quality- Forging from Indian Tier 1 Supplier for CVs.
- 2015: Supplier Excellence Award- In Recognition of Partner Level Performance from TMA (John Deere).
- 2016: World Excellence Award- Gold from North American OEM of PVs and CVs.
- 2017: Supplier Excellence Award- In Recognition of Partner Level Performance from TMA (John Deere).
- 2018: Platinum Award- In Recognition of Best-in-class Performance in the field of Delivery- Forging from Indian Tier 1 Supplier for CVs.
- 2019: Best Supplier Award for Exemplary Performance: Zero Defect from TAFE.
- 2019: Best Performance in Delivery from Ashok Leyland.
- 2019: World Excellence Award – Silver from North American OEM of PVs and CVs.
- 2020: Exceptional support during Challenging Times (Covid-19) from Indian OEM of PVs, CVs and EVs.
- 1995: Incorporation of the company.
- 1998: Commencement of production at Gurugram Unit I.
- 2005: Commencement of operations at Pune Unit I.
- 2013: The company was renamed as “Sona BLW Precision Forgings Limited”.
- 2017: Commencement of operations at Gurugram Unit I and Gurugram Unit II.
- 2018: Acquisition of new land for Pune Unit II.
- 2019: Adopted “Sona Comstar” as brand name.
- 2019: Commencement of operations at our Manesar Unit.
- 2019: Awarded contract by a renowned global electric vehicle manufacturer.
- 2020: Achieved milestone of production of approximately 250 million gears.
|Parent Organization||Sona BLW Precision Forgings Ltd.||Managing Director||Vivek Singh|