About the Company
Somany Ceramics, founded in 1969 by late H. L. Somany, is an internationally acclaimed organization that specializes in ceramics and allied products segment. In the last four decades, Somany Ceramics has established itself as an unchallenged leader in the Indian Ceramic Industry with significant presence in India, Africa, The Middle East, United Kingdom and Russia. The company has manufacturing plants in Kadi (Gujarat) and Kassar (Haryana), India and other joint venture plants.
Business area of the company
Somany is a complete décor solutions provider and its extensive range of products include - Ceramic Wall and Floor Tiles, Polished Vitrified Tiles, Glazed Vitrified Tiles, Digital Tiles, Sanitaryware and Bath Fittings as well as Tile Laying Solutions.
- Floor Tiles
- Wall Tiles
- Bath Fittings
- 1968: Inception by Late Hira Lall Somany.
- 1971: Technical collaboration with Pilkington’s Tile Holdings, UK; First unit at Kassar, Haryana started commercial production with a capacity of 0.52 msm.
- 1981: Set up second unit in Kadi, Gujarat.
- 1994: Indian promoters bought over all the equity shares held by Pilkington.
- 1996: Received Government recognition for R&D facility - a first in the Indian tile industry.
- 2000: Received Export House award.
- 2007: Changed the name of the Company to Somany Ceramics Ltd.; Ventured into sanitary ware space.
- 2009: Received patent for its product - VC shield, India’s highest abrasion resistant tiles - a first in Indian tile industry.
- 2010: Commissioned first GVT manufacturing facility; Widened the Bath ware vertical by adding bath fitting products.
- 2011: Re-branded the Company with a changed logo; received prestigious Power Brand award for its perception, performance and brand recall.
- 2012: Received the Indian Power Brands Award second time in a row; Launched Digital tiles.
- 2014: Secured sanitary ware manufacturing facility; Received Corporate Technical Achievement Award form American Ceramic Society (ACerS) for VC Shield.
- 2017: Launched TVC campaign to reinforce brand visibility across digital, radio and print media.
- 2018: Secured bath-fitting manufacturing facility.
- 2019: Commissioned first manufacturing facility in South India; Endorsed ‘Salman Khan’ as brand ambassador.
|Parent Organization||Somany Ceramics Ltd.||Managing Director||Abhishek Somany|