About the Company
Sobha Ltd was founded in the year 1995 by P N C Menon, he was acclaimed for quality interiors and construction since 1977. His intuition and business sense buttressed with the exhilaration of returning to his homeland led him to believe that he could make Quality the key differentiator between his proposed venture and other construction companies. Over the intervening years this vision continues to be the bedrock of all endeavours. Sobha is one of the largest and only backward integrated company in the construction arena.
Since its inception Sobha’s reputation is built on rock solid values, benchmark quality standards, uncompromising business ethos, focused customer centric approach, robust engineering, in-house Research and development and transparency in all spheres of conducting business, which have contributed in making Sobha a preferred real estate brand in both residential and commercial segments. This was emphatically endorsed during its IPO in 2006 when the issue was oversubscribed by 126 times that created history, being the first event of its kind in Indian capital markets. The company has gone from strength to strength beginning with the first residential project in Bangalore in 1997. An industry leader in Bangalore, Karnataka, contractual projects have also been constructed in Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Orissa, Tamil Nadu, Punjab, Harayana and Maharashtra.
Business area of the company
The Company is engaged in the business of construction and real estate development, development and management of commercial premises and related activities.
- Construction of Residential and Commercial projects.
- Execution of Contractual projects (custom–designed turnkey projects).
- Manufacturing activities related to interiors, glazing and metal works and concrete products.
- The Company was nominated for the prestigious CNBC-TV18’s Emerging India Awards 2006.
- A+D & Spectrum Foundation Architecture Award
- Well-Built Structure Award
- Project of the Year Award
- CNBC Real Estate “Best Executed Project in India” Award for Sobha Malachite, Bangalore.
- Construction World Top Architects and Builders “India’s Top 10 Builders” Award.
- Construction World - NICMAR “India’s Most Admired Company” Award.
- The Best IPO of the Year - Awarded by Real Estate Excellence 2007 “Dalal Street” Journal ranked Sobha in 4th position amongst the top 25 Fastest Growing Medium Companies in India.
- Real Estate Observer recognized Sobha as the Best Developer from South India.
- Chairman, PNC Menon was awarded the prestigious Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Puraskar by the President of India, Pratibha Patil.
- The Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Puraskar is conferred in recognition for their excellence in various fields.
- Builders Association of India, Pune Centre has awarded the Best of the Best Award for the Employee Care Centre (ECC), Infosys Technologies Limited, Hinjewadi, Pune under the Well Built Structure Competition, 2008.
- Construction World recognized the Company as one of India’s’ Top 10 Builders’ at Construction World Architect & Builder Awards, 2008 in Mumbai.
- Sobha Developers has been recognized time and again by different public and private institutions for its quality of work and variety of other initiatives.
- During 2009-10, Sobha was acknowledged in the areas of value engineering, architecture and design, corporate communications, and safety practices.
- The Company was awarded the Prof. Vasanth Rao Trophy in recognition of being the second best company practicing Value Engineering in India by the Indian Value Engineering Society for the financial year 2008-2009.
- Sobha received a Special Mention for its project ‘The Terminal Building - Bangalore Infosys Food Court’ in the Recreational Architecture category of Architecture + Design & Spectrum Foundation Architecture Awards 2009.
- Sobha was honored with the CNBC AWAAZ- CRISIL- CREDAI Real Estate Awards 2010 for Sobha Daffodil project under the category ‘Best Residential Property with more than 5 lakh sq. ft.’
- The Company was honored with ‘India’s Top 10 Builders Award’ by Construction World and the Best Real Estate Developer Award for IT Infrastructure by Construction Source India.
- Sobha won three recognitions for the “Infosys Global Education Center-II, Mysore” built by it.
- Sobha was felicitated with the 'Most Outstanding Structure built in Pune' for the construction of Food Court - 3 at Infosys Technologies Ltd., Pune, by the Indian Concrete Institute (ICI).
- Its Thrissur project, Sobha Malachite, bagged the Runners-up Award for the 'Best Luxury Residential Project (South)' by Zee Business - RICS Real Estate Awards 2011.
- It won the 'Best Development Award' for the construction of the Infosys Global Education Center- II by Business India Exhibitions and Inside Outside Magazine.
- Sobha was honoured by the League of American Communications Professionals (LACP).
- At the 2010 LACP Vision Awards, the Company, for its annual report titled 'Details Make the Difference,' won a Silver Award for excellence within the industry (Real Estate) World-wide, a Bronze Award for the 'Best In-House Annual Report in Asia-Pacific Region', and Sobha's annual report was ranked 35 in the 'Top 50 Annual Reports' in the Asia-Pacific Region.
- Sobha won two more prestigious awards for its annual report. They include a 'PRCI Silver Award' by PRCI and a 'Bronze Award' by ABCI.
- SOBHA was chosen as the Most Reliable Real Estate Developer of India by consumers at the CNBC Awaaz Real Estate Awards 2012.
- At the Construction World Architect and Builder Awards 2012, the company conferred with the 'CWAB Platinum Award of Excellence.
- The company received the top honours as the 'Best Investor Relations' company (in the Property category) in the Institutional Investor magazine's survey for 'Asia's Best Investor Relations' for 2012.
- The company also honoured with a 'Certificate of Excellence' for our notable CSR activities at the Rotary Binani Zinc CSR Excellence Awards for the year 2012-13.
- The company received the prestigious CIDC Vishwakarma Award 2014 for ‘Best Professionally Managed Company (Turnover > Rs 1000 crore)’ for best practices.
- SOBHA received the prestigious ‘Builder of the Year Award’ by CNBC Awaaz from among 100 odd real estate players in India.
- For the 4th consecutive year, the company was recognized by the League of American Communications Professionals (LACP) 2012 Vision Awards.
- SOBHA Garnet received the Jury’s recommendation in the ‘Well Built Structure Competition - 2013’ for Blocks I & II that was given by the Builders’ Association of India, Pune Centre.
- Chairman Emeritus P N C Menon was awarded Awards the ‘Golden Peacock Lifetime Achievement Award for Business Leadership’ by the Institute of Directors.
- He also received the ‘Dhanam Lifetime Achievement Award’ by business magazine Dhanam and the ‘Brands Icons 2014 - Excellence in Business Awards for Corporate Social Responsibility’ by The Times of India.
- PNC Menon was conferred with the ‘Young Entrepreneur of the Year’ award by Construction Week during this fiscal.
- J C Sharma, Vice Chairman and Managing Director was awarded the ‘Best CEO in Real Estate’ at the NDTV Property Awards.
- SOBHA was awarded with the Best CSR Activity of the Year award at the Construction Times Builders Award 2015.
- Sobha Garnet, the super luxury project in Pune won the Residential Property of the Year (West) and International City, the Company’s fi nest integrated township project in Gurgaon won the Villa project of the Year (North) award at Realty Plus Conclave and Excellence Awards 2015 respectively.
- SOBHA bagged prestigious awards at the Realty Plus Conclave and Excellence Awards 2015 for the South region.
- SOBHA was recognised as one of Bangalore’s top 15 brands in the large organization category by One India.
- SOBHA was ranked as the Top Real Estate Company in Public Perception across India using different parameters like financial stability, execution capability, timely delivery, aspirational value, user experience, appreciation potential, transport deals, recall value, media perception and consumer connect.
- SOBHA’s residential and contractual projects have been honoured and applauded through various awards and recognitions at various prestigious fora.
- SOBHA, has been honoured as the Preferred Developer of the Year.
- SOBHA was conferred with ‘One of India’s Top 10 Builders’ award for the year 2016 at the 11th Construction World Architect & Builder (CWAB) 2.0.
- SOBHA has bagged top ranks by the Track2Realty’s ‘Brand X Report 2015-16.’
- SOBHA has been voted ‘The Most Trusted Brand by Consumers,’ in a survey conducted by Track2Realty.
- SOBHA was declared the top brand of the Indian real estate sector for the 3rd consecutive year by Track2Realty’s BrandXReport 2016-17.
- SOBHA bagged the top rank in the consumer confidence survey, making it an exceptional and a rare feat achieved by any real estate brand in the country.
- SOBHA was recognized as most trusted real estate brand in south zone by CNBC Awaaz.
- CIDC awarded the company with the best professionally managed company award at the 10th construction industry development council Vishakhapatnam Award 2018.
- SOBHA was recognised as the top national realty brand across Asset class in India by BrandXReport 2017-18.
- SOBHA was rated as the top real estate developer nationally for investment in the first-of-its-kind India Investment Report 20:20.
- SOBHA was declared as the top brand in South India, top brand in residential space and top brand in super luxury segment.
- ‘Best Builder of the Year 2018 - Large (above 1500 crore)’ by Builders, Architects and Building Materials (BAM) awards.
- SOBHA was awarded with the ‘Best Residential Project - Luxury Segment’ award in North Zone by CNBC Awaaz.
- SOBHA was awarded Dun & Bradstreet Corporate Awards 2019 in the real estate category.
- SOBHA recognised as the Top National Realty Brand across Asset class in India by BrandXReport 2018-19, an annual study conducted by Track2Realty.
- The company received the vote of confidence to become the Top Realty Brand Nationally in the Global Buyer Report 2020, a study conducted recently by Track2Realty.
- SOBHA was declared as the ‘Developer of the Year (National)’ at the 11th Annual Estate Awards 2019 by Franchise India for exceptional performance in the real estate sector.
- 1995: Sobha Limited incorporated.
- 1997: Launch of first residential project, SOBHA Sapphire in Bangalore and launch of the first plotted development, Harishree gardens in Coimbatore.
- 1998: First real estate company to obtain ISO 9001 (1994 series) certification.
- 1999: First residential project, SOBHA Sapphire in Bangalore is completed and handed over.
- 2000: Commencement of contraction of first contractual project, the Corporate Block for Infosys Technologies, Bangalore.
- 2001: Completion and handover of Infosys project at Mysore.
- 2003: Sobha training academy established.
- 2004: ISO 9001 (2000 series) certification obtained.
- 2005: Commercial operation of fully automated concrete products division commences.
- 2006: Certificate of DA 1 rating by CRISIL. Change of status from Private to Public. Raised 570 crore through IPO, Issue oversubscribed by a record 127 times.
- 2007: Launch of Kerala's first integrated township project, SOBHA City in Thrissur, Kerala. Launch of the first residential project at Pune, 'SOBHA Carnation'.
- 2008: Launch of first residential project in Coimbatore, 'SOBHA Emerald'
- 2009: Cretified as compliant towards the International standards for Environment Management System (ISO 14001:2004) and Occupational Health Safety Assessment Series (OHSAS 18001:2007).
- 2010: Sobha’s contracts business expands to include prestigious clients like Wonderla Holiday’s, Trident Hotels, ITC, Biocon, and Leela Ventures.
- 2010: Become the first Rs 10 billion real estate brand in South India.
- 2011: Launch of the first plotted development at Mysore, ‘Sobha Garden’.
- 2011: Launch of the first residential project in the NCR-Gurgaon Region, International city.
- 2012: Achieved a net worth of Rs 20 billion.
- 2012: Launched 10.45 million sq. ft. of new projects across 6 cities – a record and achieves a net worth of 20 billion.
- 2012: Voted by consumers as the ‘Most Reliable Builder’ at the CNBC Awaaz Real Estate Awards.
- 2013: Awarded as the top Indian real estate company by Dun & Bradstreet.
- 2014: Sobha honored as a Global Growth Company by the World Economic Forum.
- 2015: Sobha forays into the commercial segment (retail space leasing) in India with the launch of ‘Sobha City Mall’ in Thrissur, Kerala.
- 2015: Sobha forays into a new segment in housing - ‘Sobha Dream Series’.
- 2016: NSE in association with Institutional Investor Advisory (IiAS) has rated Sobha as having one of the best disclosures in India.
- 2017: Sobha honoured with CARE Awards 2017 in the category of ‘Best CSR activity’ by CREDAI Karnataka.
- 2018: As of December 31, 2018, Sobha has completed real estate and contractual projects covering about 100.31 million square feet of development area.
- 2018: Sobha tops the list of real estate brands that are most trustworthy and worth investing, in today’s Indian market in the first ever India Investment Report 20:20 by Track2Realty.
- 2019: ‘Most Trusted Real Estate Brand 2018-19 - Customer Choice’ by Common Floor.
- 2019: ‘Best Residential Project - Luxury Segment’ award in North Zone by CNBC-Awaaz.
- 2020: Sobha Tops National Ranking in Global Buyer Report 2020 by Track2Realty.
- 2020: Sobha featured in the list of the 500 high-growth companies in APAC region by Financial Times.
|Parent Organization||Sobha Ltd.||Managing Director||Jagadish Nangineni|