About the Company
The company was originally incorporated as Shalby Hospital Private Limited on August 30, 2004, at Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India, as a private limited company under the Companies Act, 1956. Subsequently, the company was converted to a public limited company, and a fresh certificate of incorporation consequent upon change of name on conversion to a public limited company was issued by the Registrar of Companies, Ahmedabad, Gujarat (RoC) on May 15, 2006, in the name of Shalby Hospital Public Limited. The name of the company was subsequently changed to Shalby Hospitals Limited, and a fresh certificate of incorporation, consequent upon change of name was issued by the RoC on July 26, 2006. Thereafter, the name of the company was changed to Shalby Limited, and a fresh certificate of incorporation, consequent upon change of name was issued by the RoC on February 13, 2008.
Headquartered in Ahmedabad, India, the company has a domestic and overseas outreach through a network of hospitals in India, and Outpatient Clinics and SACE located in India, Africa, and the Middle East. Having strong presence in western and central India and focus on Tier - I and Tier - II cities, its hospitals operate across five states, its Outpatient Clinics operate across 37 cities in 12 states in India, and its SACE are present in seven cities in six states in India. The company’s international footprint consist five Outpatient Clinics and one SACE in Africa, and two SACE in the UAE. It is expanding its footprint in western and central India with hospitals being set up in Nashik and Vadodara.
Business area of the company
The company is one of the leading multi-specialty chains of hospitals in India. Its hospitals are tertiary care hospitals, few of which also offer quaternary healthcare services to patients in various areas of specialisation such as orthopaedics, complex joint replacements, cardiology, neurology, oncology, and renal transplantations.
Major events and milestones of the company
- 2007: Established and commenced operations of its first multi-specialty hospital, SG Shalby, at Sarkhej Gandhinagar Highway in Ahmedabad.
- 2013: Krishna Shalby commences operations.
- 2013: Shalby Vapi commences operations.
- 2015: Shalby Jabalpur commences operations.
- 2016: Shalby Indore commences operations.
- 2016: Executed a memorandum of understanding with ZH Private Limited to manage and operate Zynova Shalby.
- 2016: Executed an O&M agreement with Kamesh Hospital to commence operations of Shalby Mohali.
- 2017: Entered into an agreement with Bait Al Batterjee Medical Company LLC, Dubai, to provide outpatient orthopaedics and spine surgeries.
Awards and accreditations
- 2010: Rajiv Gandhi National Quality Award.
- 2011: FICCI Healthcare Operational Excellence Award.
- 2012: Best Medium Enterprise Award.
- 2013: Healthcare Service Provider Company of the Year Award (In the category for companies generating annual revenue below Rs 5,000 million).
- 2014: Hercules Award.
- 2014: The company of the Year Award (In recognition of valuable contribution towards healthcare).
- 2014: Best Multi-specialty Hospital - Metro.
- 2015: Emerging Tertiary Care Hospital of the Year Award.
- 2016: Gujarat Ratna Award.
- 2016: The Best Medical Tourism Centre of Gujarat Award.
- 2017: The Best Hospital for Medical Tourism of Gujarat Award.
- 2017: Best CSR Initiative in Healthcare Award.
|Parent Organization||Shalby Ltd.||Managing Director||Vikram Shah|