Household & Personal Products
|Market Cap||9,929 Cr||EPS||20.0||High||1027.95|
|Stock P/E||51.0||Net Profit Margin||6.3||Low||1011.1|
|Market Cap||9,929 Cr||ROE||23.6%|
|P/B Ratio||7.1||Dividend Yield||0.0%|
|Industry P/E||63.6||Book Value||143.1|
About the Company
Sheela Foam is a leading player in India’s mattress and foam products industry. Founded in 1971, the Company enjoys strong brand awareness and a nationwide presence in manufacturing of mattresses, home comfort products and technical grades of PU foam. The Company also enjoys a significant presence overseas, with its products being exported to over 20 countries worldwide.
The products of the Company and its various brands earn the credit of being highly durable and of unmatched quality. These products are the outcome of the ingenious R&D efforts of the Company. A highly skilled team of engineers and scientists constantly strive to create pioneering products by leveraging best-in-class technologies, while ensuring supreme quality.
Sleepwell, the flagship brand of the Company, delivers on its brand promise of producing premium and customized products. Over the years, the brand has earned a formidable reputation of developing delightful products in line with growing consumer aspirations. Other brands of the Company include Feather Foam and Starlite, which are low-priced mattresses for consumers. These brands have enabled the Company to augment its share in the organised mattress market.
Business area of the company
The company is a leading manufacturer of mattresses in India marketed under its flagship brand “Sleepwell”. In addition, it manufactures other foam-based home comfort products targeted primarily at Indian retail consumers, as well as technical grades of polyurethane foam (PU Foam) for end use in a wide range of industries.
Mattresses: My Mattress, Spring range, Technology range, Comfort Cell range, Back support range, Flexi PUF range, Economy range Technical Products
Home Comfort Products: Furniture Cushions, Pillows, Comforters/Duvets, Sofa-cum-Beds
Technical Foam Products: Automotive foams, Reticulated foams, Ultra-Violet Stable foams, Sound Absorption foams
- 2007: Won CIO100 award
- 2008: Won CNBC Nasscom IT user award
- 2009: Won Information Week Silver Edge Award
- 2009: Won Dataquest Gold CIO award
- 2010: Won Information Week Silver Edge Award
- 2010: Won CIO100 award
- 2010: CIO Green Edge – Special Award
- 2010: Won CIO Asia Award
- 2011: Won Red Hat Asia Pacific Award
- 2011: Won MIS Asia IT Excellence Award- one of the Asia's most prestigious awards
- 2011: Won Indian Express Intelligent Enterprise Award
- 2012: Won CIO100 award
- 2012: Won Information Week Silver Edge Award
- 2012: Won CIO Innovative Award
- 2012: Won CIO Innovative Award – Special Award
- 2012: Won Dataquest Innovator Award
- 2012: Won SKOCH Digital Inclusion Award
- 2014: Won CIO100 award
- 2014: Won Information Week Silver Edge Award
- 2014: Won CIO 100 - Hall of Fame
- 2015: Won Dataquest Business Technology Award
- 2015: Won BSE-CIOKLUB ‘CIO of the Year’
- 2016: Received the Computer World Premier Award
- 2017: Awarded by PU Tech for Innovative Technology for Vertical Variable Pressure Foaming.
- 2018: Most Trusted Mattress Brand Award In India - Reader's Digest most trusted brand award 2018 trophy
- 2018: Economic Times Best Brand 2019 - In the Sleep & Comfort Brand Category.
- 2018: Business Standard Star SME of the Year 2017-18.
- 2018: Computer Society of India ‘Best CIO of the Year - 2018’ for IT Innovation & Excellence
- 2018: Data Quest ‘Digital Leader 2018’. This award is based on the ability to transform enterprise computing to the next orbit
- 2018: IDC Insights Award 2018 has been awarded in the category of Excellence in Revenue Generation.
- 2019-20: IOT Innovation Award
- 2019-20: Great Place to Work
- 2019-20: National Awards for Manufacturing Competitiveness
- 2019-20: RK Bajaj Performance Excellence Trophy
- 2019-20: India’s Best Mattress Brand of the Year 2020
- 1971: Sheela Foam Pvt Ltd. Founded by Mrs. Sheela Gautam, Chairperson.
- 1985: Extended operations to NOIDA, a Satellite town of Delhi.
- 1993: Process of liberalization started in the country and Sheela Group began rapid expansion
- 1993: ‘Sleepwell’ brand launched.
- 1994: Acquisition of a full fledged plant near Delhi.
- 1996: Two more units added at Silvassa, near Mumbai and at Hyderabad in Andhra Pradesh
- 1998: Introduced Rubberized Coir products under ‘Starlite’ Brand.
- 1999: Tie - ups with Serta, US and Dunlopillo, UK for manufacturing mattresses
- 2001: Set - up India's largest P.U. Foam producing plant at Greater Noida.
- 2002: Expanded operations in North from plant at Rajpura, Punjab
- 2003: Set - up a manufacturing unit at Sikkim.
- 2005: Acquired Polyurethane & Polystyrene business of Joyce, Australia
- 2006: Joint Venture with Woodbridge Group, Canada for manufacturing moulded P.U. Foam - Auto components.
- 2008: Joint Venture with AH Beards Australia for manufacturing Spring Mattresses
- 2008: Revolutionised Mattress Retail with the launch of Sleepwell Worlds & Galleries
- 2010: Launch of revolutionary technologies with Impressions, Latex Plus, Resitec Air, Duet Luxury, Durafirm, Serenity, Amity and many more.
- 2012: A new State of the Art Unit in Erode starts operations to cater to the Southern markets
- 2013: Expanded Production capacities at Kala Amb in HP for Northern Markets
- 2015: Launch of Sleepedia, an initiative by Sleepwell to raise public awareness on importance of quality sleep as a means of good health and wellbeing
- 2015: Launch of ‘Perfect Match’ a revolutionatry concept that uses world class Sensobed to recommend the perfect sleeping surface for every individual body type.
- 2015: Introduced My Mattress Concept that enables a customer to choose the right mattress for themselves
- 2015: A new State of the Art Unit in Siliguri starts operations to cater to the eastern markets
- 2016: Company got listed on NSE and BSE.
- 2018: Launch of Economy Product Range & E-commerce
- 2019: Footprint in Europe, the Company acquired Interplasp S.L. in Spain
|Parent Organization||Sheela Foam Ltd.||Managing Director||Rahul Gautam|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|