About the Company
Sanofi India is one of the entities through which Sanofi operates in India. It was incorporated in May 1956 under the name Hoechst Fedco Pharma Private Limited. Over the years, its name was changed to Hoechst Pharmaceuticals Private Limited, Hoechst India Limited, Hoechst Marion Roussel Limited and Aventis Pharma Limited. Sanofi, one of the world's leading healthcare companies, and its 100% subsidiary - Hoechst GmbH, are the major shareholders of Sanofi India Limited and together hold 60.4% of its paid-up share capital. The shares of Sanofi India Limited are quoted on the Bombay Stock Exchange and the National Stock Exchange. The company has two manufacturing sites in Ankleshwar and Goa. Sanofi India also manufactures its products through third party manufacturers. The different types of dosage forms include tablets, capsules (hard and soft), Eye/Ear drops, ampoules, vials, creams and ointments. These products are manufactured in accordance with the same quality standards as those prevalent at its own manufacturing sites for domestic consumption and for export to Russia, the Ukraine and other CIS countries.
Business area of the company
The company is dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. It is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. The company prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. The company stand by the few who suffer from rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions.
Pharmaceutical products (Adenocor, Aldurazyme, AllStar, Amaryl, Apidra, Arava, Aubagio, Augeoz, Brodactam, Cardace, Caspercid, Cerezyme, Cetapin, Clexane, Cordarone, Daonil, Depakote, Fabrazyme, Fasturtec, Fludara, Frisium, Insuman, Jevtana, Lantus, Lasilactone, Lasix, Lyxumia, Metosan, M-Nem, Myoril, Myozyme, Plavix, Primacor, Renvela Sachets, Soframycin, Solian, Stilnoct, Synvisc, Targocid, Taxotere, Telsite, Thymoglobuline, Thyrogen, Toujeo, Trental, Valparin, Vinlep, Zemiglo).
Vaccines (Adacel, Avaxim, FluQuadri, Hexaxim, Imovax Polio, Menactra, Pentaxim, Shan5, Shanchol, ShanIPV, ShanTT, Shanvac-B, Stamaril, Vaxigrip)
Consumer Healthcare products (Allegra, Allegra, Allegra M, Aminofit Forte, Amino-fit, Avil, Baralgan NU, Berrycran, Buscogast, Cetgel, Collaflex, Combiflam Plus, Combiflam Suspension, Combiflam IcyHotTM, Combiflam IcyHotTM spray, CoQ 300, DePURA by Sanofi, Dulcoflex Natural, DulcoSoft Sachet, E-Cod Plus, E-Cod W, Enlarge Forte, Enterogermina, Estoven XT, Festal N, FreeFlex Forte, Icegel, Lactacyd, Macraberin M, Mega FreeFlex, Multivite Gold, Multivite Woman, Multivite CD,
Multivite-FM Omega, Novalgin NU, Phospholip TF, Primosa, Radiance H, Seacod Active, Selace Forte,
- 2013: Sanofi India launches Combiflam Plus.
- 2013: Sanofi ties up with IDF, PHFI to fight against diabetes among children in India.
- 2013: Sanofi India inks pact with Suzlon Energy for renewable energy.
- 2014: Sanofi India - Diabetic Teen from Pune achieves unique feat.
- 2014: Sanofi partners with Emcure Pharmaceuticals for marketing and distribution of its oncology portfolio in India.
- 2015: Sanofi delivers 4 lakh Shan5 vaccine doses to Gwalior and Jabalpur to support the immunization of children from five pediatric diseases.
- 2016: Sanofi India collaborates with National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER) Kolkata, to promote academic excellence and research.
- 2018: Sanofi receives positive CHMP opinion for dengue vaccine.
- 2018: Sanofi completes its acquisition of Ablynx following the expiration of the Squeeze-out Procedure.
- 2019: Sanofi signs strategic deal for exclusive US over-the-counter rights to Tamiflu in Flu Care.
- 2020: Sanofi Completes Acquisition of Synthorx, Inc.
- 2020: Sanofi joins forces with U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to advance a novel coronavirus vaccine.
- 2020: Sanofi and Translate Bio expand collaboration to develop mRNA vaccines across all infectious disease areas.
|Parent Organization||Sanofi India Ltd.||Managing Director||Rodolfo Hrosz|