About the Company
RPG Life Sciences (RPGLS) is a pharmaceutical organization and was formerly known as Searle (India) Limited. It is a full spectrum world class, customer focussed, innovative pharmaceutical organisation. RPGLS started in 1968 as a joint venture with GD Searle, USA. In 1993, GD Searle withdrew from India and sold its holdings to the RPG Group. The company’s name was changed to RPG Life Sciences Ltd effective April 1, 1999.This company belongs to RPG group
RPGLS was in the business of pharmaceuticals and agrochemicals. It divested the agrochemicals business in the year 2001, as per the strategic decision to focus on pharmaceuticals, fermentation and biotechnology. It develops, manufactures and markets, for national and international markets, a broad range of branded formulations, generics and bulk drugs developed through fermentation and chemical synthesis routes. RPG Life Sciences has research and development facilities that conform to international standards. It has Biotech R&D, API R&D and Formulations R&D. Each of these areas have their respective manufacturing facilities RPGLS employs 750 people. It is a multi-location pharmaceutical manufacturing company with four locations. The manufacturing unit at Thane produces Active Pharmaceuticals Ingredients (also called as bulk drugs) and is ISO 9001 certified and has Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA), Australia, and approval for three of its major products namely Diphenoxylate Hydrochloride, Haloperidol and Propanthelene Bromide.
The Formulation Plant at Ankleshwar GIDC is ISO 9002 and ISO14001 certified and manufactures pharmaceuticals formulations for domestic as well as for exports. The site also has MHRA (Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency, UK) approved plant for catering to its global generic business. The second plant at Ankleshwar makes API through the fermentation route to cater to the biotech business.
RPGLS is present in the domestic as well as the international markets. It exports its products primarily to Europe, Latin America, Africa, Australia, CIS Nations and South East Asia.
Major Activities of the Company:
- Manufacturing and marketing of bulk drugs (synthetic Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients) & formulations internationally [SBU- I],
- Pharmaceutical formulations & domestic marketing [SBU – II] and Fermentation & biotechnology [SBU – III].
It is represented in over thirty countries through strategic partnerships and joint ventures.
- Dossiers/DMF Europe, Canada
- Artificial Sweetner-UK
- Formulations - Asia, Canada, Europe.
- 8 processes patented granted,both in India and overseas
- First to manufacture Cyclosporin, Daunarubicin, doxorubican and epirubicin in India
- One of the two manufacturers of Vitamin B12 in India
- R&D approved by Department of Science & Technology, Government of India.
- Only manufacturer of Spironolactone, by the fermentation route, in India.
- Marketing APIs and formulations catering to all key therapeutic areas across the world.
|Parent Organisation||RPG Life Sciences Ltd.||Managing Director||Yugal Sikri|