About the Company
RKEC Projects was originally incorporated on April 01, 2005 as ‘RKEC Projects Private Limited’ vide under the provisions of the Companies Act, 1956 with the Registrar of Companies, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad. The Company after its incorporation takeover the running business of a proprietorship firm of their Promoter Radhakrishna Garapati with effect from April 01, 2006 ‘RK Engineers & Contractors’. Further, the Company was converted into a Public Limited Company pursuant to Shareholders Resolution passed at the Extra Ordinary General Meeting of the Company held on October 31, 2016 and the name of company was changed to ‘RKEC Projects Limited’ vide a fresh Certificate of incorporation dated November 10, 2016, issued by the Registrar of Companies, Hyderabad.
They are a construction company primarily engaged in the business of Civil Construction such as construction of Highways, roads and bridges. During the last decade, they have undertaken and successfully completed many construction projects in India covering states of Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Gujarat, Odisha, Rajasthan and Maharashtra. In addition to them, they have expanded their presence to three more states, Kerala, Uttar Pradesh and Manipur, with their ongoing projects. They have been able to achieve their targets by fusing tremendous engineering knowledge with groundbreaking skills, experienced team, binding an optimum mix of men, machine and materials across diverse projects.
Business area of the Company
Their core business is designing and undertaking construction projects such as Bridges, Ports, dams, high-rise structures, airports, cross water, roads, highways, Oil and gas Pipelines, complexes and environmental structures across India. They have attained good reputation among their clients because of the track record, experienced members and a proven strength on delivery norms across its all spectrum of services. They have entered into projects for diverse range of clients including Defence sector, Railways, Ports, Adani Port, Vedanta , IVRCL , Rashtriya Ispat Nigam and ESSAR.
Major events and milestones:
- 2005-06: Incorporation of the Company in the name and style of ‘RKEC Projects Private Limited’.
- 2006-07: The Company took over the running business of the proprietorship firm of one of the Promoter Radhakrishna Garapati being carried on under the name and style of ‘RK Engineers & Contractors’.
- 2012-13: The Company has undertaken an extra business activity of ‘Facility Management’ which was subsequently closed down in the next financial year.
- 2015-16: Conversion of Company from Private Limited to Public Limited.
- 2015-16: Completed Construction of Second Liquid Chemical/POL Berth Off Pir Pau, Mumbai worth Rs 29.20 Crores.
- 2016-17: Received a Major Project of Construction of Coastal Berth Project at Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust worth Rs 143.32 Crores.
|Parent Organization||RKEC Projects Ltd.||Managing Director||R Jayachandran|