About the Company
Rico Auto Industries, incorporated in 1984-85, is a world-class engineering company supplying a wide range of high precision fully machined aluminum and ferrous components and assemblies to automotive OEMs across the globe. Its consolidated group total turnover is over $285 million (Rs 1100 crore).
Rico’s integrated services include design, development, tooling, casting, machining and assembly across ferrous and aluminum products.
Rico Auto is a dynamic world-class engineering company, supplying a broad range of high precision fully machined ferrous and aluminium components and assemblies to automotive OEMs globally. The company enjoys an excellent reputation for our customer focus, quality and cost-competitiveness. Its engineering excellence, advanced design and development capabilities, strong customer relationships and proven scalability, have helped it become a preferred supplier to OEMs across the globe.
Today it has earned a reputation of being a reliable high quality supplier capable of supplying global volumes and also of an integrated and innovative development partner capable of developing complex products. It is increasingly positioning itself as a strategic design development partner which helps it with early sourcing opportunities. It has achieved critical mass now and estimate that it would continue to grow its export at a fast pace in the next few years.
- 1984-86 Rico Auto was incorporated (1984-85) and commercial production started (1986) Aluminum HPDC plant set up in Dharuhera (40 km from Delhi, India) TC with FCC Japan for manufacturing of Clutch Assembly
- 1990-92 Ferrous Casting & Machining plant set up in Gurgaon (20 km from Delhi, India) Entered International Market as OEM Supplier to MEC Japan.
- 1994-96 FCC RICO (50:50) JV formed Started supplying globally to USA & UK (Eaton, Cummins, GM, etc.)
- 1998-00 Second Aluminum HPDC & Machining Plant set up in Gurgaon
- 2000-02 Set up full service Engineering, Design & Development function. Added Customers: Ford, Jaguar, Land Rover Certified TS 16949, ISO 140001, OHSAS 18001
- 2002-04 Enhanced Ferrous & Aluminum Capacity Added Customers: Caterpillar, Honeywell, Detroit Diesel, Volvo
- 2004-06 R&D Center started Added Customers: Nissan, Tata, Perkins
- 2007JV with CONTINENTAL Automotive Systems (Hydraulic Brakes) JV with JINFEI CHINA (Aluminum Alloy Wheels - 2 Wheelers) Acquired 25 acres land in Chennai.
- 2010 - New Plant at Haridwar commences production.
- 2011 - New Plant at Sanand, Gujarat commences production.
Product range of the company includes:
Oil Pump Assembly, Fuel System Parts, Lube Oil Filters Heads, Exhaust Manifolds, Turbine Housings, Center Housings, Back Plates, Crank Cases & Covers, Cylinder Head Covers, Oil Pan, Intake Manifold Covers, Front Cover, Valve Cove, Side Cover, Balance Shafts Assembly, Gear Housing, Bearing Caps,Water, Air Connections and Pressure Plates, Flywheels, Timing Cases, Oil Filter Adaptor, Engine Brackets, Cylinder Block (Ferrous), Cylinder Head (Aluminum), Clutch Assembly, Automatic Transmission Bracket Assembly, Differential Case Housings, Gear Shifts Forks, Wheel Hubs Assembly, SetsBrake Panel Assembly, SetsBrake Discs, Drums and Steering Knuckles.
The long list of company’s clients include, Hero Honda, Honda, Suzuki, Bajaj, Volvo, Jaguar, Tata, Perkins, Honeywell etc.
Different divisions of the company:
- Aluminum Casting
- Ferrous Casting
- Machining & Assembly
- Engineering & R&D
- Dies, Patterns & Tooling
Subsidiaries/ Joint Ventures:
- FCC Rico
- Continental Rico
- Rico Jinfei
- MAGNA Powertrain RICO
- Rico is a ISO / TS 16949, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 Certified company.
- Rico has become FORD Q1 since July 2007
- Best Retention Strategy-2007
- Best HR Practices-2007
|Parent Organization||Rico Auto Industries Ltd.||Managing Director||Arvind Kapur|