|Market Cap||15,87,667 Cr||EPS||95.7||High||2369.1|
|Stock P/E||24.5||Net Profit Margin||8.9||Low||2334.1|
|Market Cap||15,87,667 Cr||ROE||9.9%|
|P/B Ratio||2.2||Dividend Yield||0.4%|
|Industry P/E||21.8||Book Value||1.1K|
About the Company
The Reliance Group, founded by Dhirubhai H. Ambani, is India's largest private sector enterprise, with businesses in the energy and materials value chain. The flagship company, Reliance Industries, is a Fortune Global 500 company and is the largest private sector company in India. Dhirubhai Ambani founded Reliance as a textile company and led its evolution as a global leader in the materials and energy value chain businesses. It was in 1957 when he returned to India after a stint with a Besse& Co., Aden he started yarn trading business from a small 500 sq.ft. office in Masjid Bunder, Mumbai. He set up his brand new mill in Naroda, Gujarat. In 1996 Reliance went on to become the biggest textile brand ‘Only Vimal’.
Reliance enjoys global leadership in its businesses, being the largest polyester yarn and fibre producer in the world and among the top five to ten producers in the world in major petrochemical products. Starting as a small textile company, Reliance has in its journey crossed several milestones to become a Fortune 500 company in less than 3 decades. The company operates world-class manufacturing facilities across the country at Allahabad, Barabanki, Dahej, Dhenkanal, Hazira, Hoshiarpur, Jamnagar, Kurkumbh, Nagothane, Nagpur, Naroda, Patalganga, Silvassa and Vadodara.
Business area of the company
The company is India’s largest private sector company. Its activities span hydrocarbon exploration and production, petroleum refining and marketing, petrochemicals, retail and digital services.
The company’s businesses includes:
- Exploration & Production
- Petroleum Refining & Marketing
- Petrochemicals (Polymers, Polyesters, Fiber Intermediates, Aromatics, Elastomers, Reliance Composites Solutions)
The company’s products range is from the exploration and production of oil and gas to the manufacture of petroleum products, polyester products, polyester intermediates, plastics, polymer intermediates, chemicals, synthetic textiles and fabrics.
- 2010: Ranked second amongst BCG’s ten top global ‘Sustainable Value Creators’.
- 2010: Reliance E&P's KG-D6 won Marico Innovation Foundation’s Innovation for India Award for combined synthesis of advanced technologies, extreme engineering, innovative execution, yielding unprecedented results and impact on India's energy security.
- 2012: Jamnagar Refinery listed among the world’s top five manufacturing units by Discovery Channel.
- 2012: Certified as 'Responsible Care Company' by the American Chemistry Council.
- 2013: Ranked 25th on ICIS Top 100 Chemical Companies list.
- 2013: Ranked 107th on the Fortune Global 500 list.
- 2015: Winner of the Platts Global Energy Award for Corporate Social Responsibility.
- 2016: Winner of the Confederation of Indian Industries’ ‘Sustainable Plus Platinum Award’.
- 2018: Reliance Jio ranked India’s 1 and world’s 17 Most Innovative Company by Fast Company.
- 2019: RIL ranked 1 in Fortune India 500 and 106 in Fortune Global 500 list.
- 2019: RIL ranked 71 in Forbes Global 2000 list, retaining No. 1 Indian Company tag.
- 1957: Starts a yarn trading business from a small 500 sq. ft. office in Masjid Bunder, Mumbai.
- 1977: Reliance Textile Industries’ IPO creates history by introducing the equity cult in India. The issue is oversubscribed seven times, strengthening Reliance’s growth ambitions.
- 1985: Total Assets cross Rs 1,000 crore.
- 1986: Reliance started PTA plant at Patalganga.
- 1986: Reliance commissioned Polyester Staple Fibre (PSF) plant at Patalganga.
- 1988: Sales cross Rs 1,000 crore mark (Sales for the year Rs 1,778 crore).
- 1987: Reliance commenced the Linear Alkyl Benzene (LAB) plant at Patalganga.
- 1991: Reliance commissioned phase-I of Hazira Petrochemicals Complex - consolidated its position in polyesters and entered into attractive polymers business - started VCM and PVC plants.
- 1992: Set a record with Reliance Twin issues that received over 1 million investor applications.
- 1992: Offered the first ever Euro Issue of Global Depository Receipts by an Indian company
- 1993: India's largest public offering - Reliance Petroleum Issue.
- 1993: Offered the first Euro Convertible bond issue
- 1994: Offered the second Euro issue of GDR.
- 1996: Reliance became the first private sector company to be rated by international credit rating agencies.
- 1996: S&P rated BB+, stable outlook, constrained by the Sovereign Ceiling. Moody's rated Baa3, Investment grade, constrained by the Sovereign Ceilings.
- 1996: Net profit crossed the Rs 1,000 crore mark (Rs 1,065 crores or $ 338 million), unparalleled in the Indian Private sector.
- 1997: First corporate in Asia to issue 50 and 100 years bond in US debt market.
- 1998: Total Assets cross Rs 35,000 crore (Rs 35,445 crore) and Revenues cross Rs 14,000 crore (Rs 14,115 crore).
- 2000: Group profits cross Rs 2,500 crore mark, Revenues cross Rs 20,000 crore mark (Rs 21,541 crore) and Total assets cross Rs 50,000 crore (Rs 52,094 crore).
- 2001: RPL raises $750 million syndicated loan - deal named capital market deal of the year by IFR Asia.
- 2001: Group revenues cross Rs 60,000 crore (Rs 60,160 crore), Reliance becomes largest business group in India.
- 2001: RIL and RPL become India's two largest companies in terms of all major financial parameters.
- 2002: RIL - First Indian private sector company to record Net Profit of over Rs 1,000 crore in one quarter.
- 2002: Reliance among ten most creditworthy companies in Asia.
- 2002: Reliance Completes Acquisition of IPCL.
- 2003: RIL - First Indian private sector company to record net profit of over Rs 4,000 crore in one financial year.
- 2004: Reliance signs EUR 116.2 million Export Credit Agency (ECA) backed Buyer's Credit Facility provided by Deutsche Bank. RIL avails an ECA cover for the first time in 22 years.
- 2004: Reliance emerges as India's Greenest private sector company amongst the private sector with an overall rank of number two in a BT - ACNielsen ORG-MARG survey of shareholder perception published in Business Today's October issue.
- 2004: Reliance Industries concludes re-pricing of $687.50 million Syndicated Term Loan facilities.
- 2004: Reliance Group emerges as India's Largest Wealth Creator in the private sector for the Year 2003-04.
- 2005: Launches $348 Million Syndicated Term Loan Facility. Aims To Replace Existing High Cost Loans.
- 2005: Reliance Successfully Closes $350 Million Multi Currency Term Loan.
- 2006: RIL places $300 million in US Private Placement Market. First ever Indian company to raise money through this route.
- 2006: RIL declares Dividend of 100%. Payout of Rs 1,393 Crore, Highest In Private Sector.
- 2006: RPL a subsidiary of RIL completes its $1.2 billion Initial Public Offering of equity shares with an overwhelming response across different classes of investors. Chevron to Purchase 5% Stake in RPL for $300 Million. Option to Increase Stake to 29%.
- 2007: Revenue crossed Rs 100,000 crore mark (Rs 118,354 crore, $27 billion), Net Profit crossed Rs 10,000 crore mark (Rs 11,943 crore, $2.75 billion) and Total Assets crossed Rs 100,000 crore mark (Rs 117,353 crore, $27 billion), unparalleled in the Indian Private sector.
- 2007: Exports crossed Rs 60,000 crore mark (Rs 66,627 crore, $15 billion), 12% of India's total exports.
- 2007: RIL declares Dividend of 110%. Payout of Rs 1,440 Crore, highest in the Indian Private Sector.
- 2008: Revenue crossed Rs 130,000 crore mark (Rs 139,269 crore, $34.7 billion), Net Profit crossed Rs 15,000 crore mark (Rs 19,458 crore, $4.9 billion) and Total Assets crossed Rs 140,000 crore mark (Rs 149,839 crore, $37.3 billion), unparalleled in the Indian Private sector.
- 2008: Exports crossed Rs 80,000 crore mark (Rs 83,492 crore, $20.8 billion), 13.4% of India's total exports.
- 2008: RIL declares Dividend of 130%. Payout of Rs 1,631 crore, highest in the Indian Private Sector.
- 2009: Total Assets crossed Rs 2,00,000 crore mark (Rs 2,45,706 crore, $48.44 billion), Net worth crossed Rs 1,00,000 crore mark (Rs 1,26,373 crore, $24.92 billion), unparalleled in the Indian Private sector.
- 2009: RIL declares Dividend of 130%. Payout of Rs 1,897 crore, one of the highest in the Indian Private Sector.
- 2010: Revenue crossed Rs 2,00,000 crore mark (Rs 2,00,400 crore, $44.6 billion), Net Profit crossed Rs 16,000 crore mark (Rs 16,236 crore, $3.6 billion) and Total Assets crossed Rs 2,50,000 crore mark (Rs 2,51,006 crore, $55.9 billion), unparalleled in the Indian Private sector.
- 2010: Exports crossed Rs 1,00,000 crore mark (Rs 1,10,176 crore, $24.5 billion), 14.5% of India's total exports.
- 2010: RIL declares Dividend of 70%. Payout of Rs 2,084 crore, one of the highest in the Indian Private Sector.
- 2011: Revenue crossed Rs 2,50,000 crore mark (Rs 2,58,651 crore, $58.0 billion), Net Profit crossed Rs 20,000 crore mark (Rs 20,286 crore, $4.5 billion) and Total Assets crossed Rs 2,80,000 crore mark (Rs 2,84,719 crore, $63.8 billion), unparalleled in the Indian Private sector.
- 2011: Exports crossed Rs 1,40,000 crore mark (Rs 1,46,667 crore, $32.9 billion), 13.4% of India's total exports.
- 2011: RIL declares Dividend of 80%. Payout of Rs 2,385 crore, one of the highest in the Indian Private Sector.
- 2012: RIL’s Revenues for FY 2011-12 were Rs 339,792 crore ($66.8 billion), Net Profit was Rs 20,040 crore ($3.9 billion), Networth was Rs 166,096 crore and Total Assets were Rs 295,140 crore, unparalleled in the Indian Private Sector.
- 2012: Exports for FY 2011-12 were Rs 208,042 crore ($40.9 billion), 14% of India’s total exports.
- 2012: RIL declared Dividend of 85%. Payout of Rs 2,941 crore, one of the highest in the Indian Private Sector.
- 2012: Reliance Holding USA Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of RIL raised $1.0 billion through the issuance of 5.4%, 10-year Guaranteed Senior Notes in February 2012.
- 2013: RIL’s Revenues for FY 2012-13 were Rs 371,119 crore ($68.4 billion), Net Profit was Rs 21,003 crore ($3.9 billion), Networth was Rs 176,766 crore and Total Assets were Rs 318,511 crore, unparalleled in the Indian Private Sector.
- 2013: Exports for FY 2012-13 were Rs 239,226 crore ($44.1 billion), 14% of India’s total exports.
- 2013: RIL declared Dividend of 90%. Payout of Rs 3,092 crore, one of the highest in the Indian Private Sector.
- 2013: During the year, RIL signed $ 4.5 billion equivalent facilities, backed by Export Credit Agencies.
- 2014: Reliance Retail becomes the largest retailer by revenue in 2014, fulfilling the aspirations of millions across the country and bringing international experiences at affordable prices to every corner of India.
- 2014-2017: Acquired Network18.
- 2014-2017: Polyester expansion commissioned (PFY, PET, PTA and PX).
- 2014-2017: Elastomers (PBR,SBR) commissioned.
- 2014-2017: Ethane project commissioned.
- 2014-2017: Acquired spectrum in 800/1800 MHz band.
- 2014-2017: Launch of Jio, fastest to reach 100 million subscribers.
- 2014-2017: Commenced CBM production.
- 2014-2017: ROGC & Gasification mechanically complete.
- 2014-2017: Jamnagar SEZ refinery wins British Safety Council's Globe of Honour Award.
- 2014-2017: RIL recognised among top best companies to work in India - Business Today.
- 2019: Reliance becomes the first Indian company to cross Rs 10 trillion market capitalisation.
|Parent Organization||Reliance Industries Ltd.||Managing Director||Mukesh D Ambani|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|