Film Production, Distribution & Entertainment
|Market Cap||10,154 Cr||EPS||-14.2||High||1725|
|Stock P/E||0.0||Net Profit Margin||1.7||Low||1641|
PVR Price chart
|Market Cap||10,154 Cr||ROE||14.9%|
|P/B Ratio||7.2||Dividend Yield||0.0%|
|Industry P/E||11.9||Book Value||231.5|
About the Company
PVR Ltd is the market leader in terms of screen count in India. Since 1997, the brand has redefined the cinema industry and the way people watch movies in the country. The company has, over the years, consistently added screens, both organically and inorganically, through strategic investments and acquisitions which includes ‘Cinemax Cinemas’ in November 2012, ‘DT Cinemas’ in May 2016 and ‘SPI Cinemas’ in August 2018.
The company offer a diversified cinema viewing experience through our formats, including ‘PVR Director’s Cut’, ‘PVR Gold Class’, ‘PVR IMAX’, ‘PVR Superplex’, ‘PVR P(XL)’, ‘PVR Playhouse’, ‘PVR ECX’, ‘PVR Premiere’, ‘PVR ICON’, ‘PVR LUXE’, ‘PVR Cinemas’ and ‘PVR Utsav’, and pursuant to acquisition and amalgamation of SPI Cinemas, ‘Escape’, ‘Sathyam’ and ‘Palazzo’. The Company exhibits diversified content to serve different regional customer segments across India.
The company has a diversified revenue stream and generates revenues primarily from box office and non-box office which primarily includes revenue from Sale of Food and Beverages, advertisement income, convenience fees, and income from movie production/ distribution among others.
Business area of the company
PVR is in the business of movie exhibition and production and operates largest cinema circuit across India.
Awards and Recognitions
- 2004 Teacher’s Achievement Award FICCI Frames’ Newsmaker of the Year
- 2005: Delhi Ratna Award -PHD Chambers of Commerce and Industry Indian Retail Forum’s Entrepreneur of the Year
- 2012: CNBC’s Emerging India Award: Media and Entertainment
- 2013: EY Entrepreneur of the Year Award for Business Transformation World Economic Forum’s Fastest Growing Global Growth Company
- 2014: IMAGES Most Admired Retailer of the Year: Entertainment (5 years in a row)
- 2015: India’s Most Trusted Cinema-Display Brand-The Brand Trust Report Businessworld Best Cinema Chain: National
- 2016: CNBC Asia’sIndia Innovator of the Year Fortune India’s Next 500 Big Cine Expo’s Top Multiplex Chain of the Year IMAGES Most Admired Retailer of the Year
- 2017: CineAsia’s Asian Exhibitor of the Year PVR was presented Asia’s Best Employer Brand Awards 2017
- 2018-19: Best CFO (Excellence in Mergers & Acquisitions) to Mr. Nitin Sood by ET Now
- 2018-19: Most Innovative Mid-Sized Company by ET Now
- 2018-19: The Kotler Award of Excellence for Digital Transformation, World Marketing Summit
- 2018-19: Best Tech Award Supporting Energy Efficiency at the Future of Energy Management Summit & Awards 2018
- 2018-19: ‘4700BC Popcorn’ received the ‘Food & Grocery Brand of the year (Snacks)’ award by the Global Awards for Retail Excellence
- 2018-19: ‘4700BC Popcorn’ received the ‘Most Talented Food Industry Leaders’ award by the Asia Food Congress and Awards
- 2018-19: National Best Employer Brand 2018 by Employer Branding Institute - India
- 2018-19: Best Leadership Development Programme for Middle Management by the World Training and Development Congress
- 2019-20: Indian Digital Awards for Best Use of Real-Time Streaming and Best Messaging Campaign in Digital Marketing.
- 2019-20: NIPMAN Foundation Microsoft Equal Opportunity Award for Physical Accessibility at PVR.
- 2019-20: Most Innovative Mid-Sized Company at ET Innovation Awards.
- 2019-20: PVR’s Annual Report for FY 2018-19 has been Ranked 17th Globally (2nd in India), by the League of American Communications Professionals (LACP) in the 2018/19 Vision Awards Annual Report Competition
- 2019-20: Top Multiplex chain of the year at Big cine Expo
- 2019-20: Most Admired Retail Tech Implementation of the Year - PVR’s Accessible Cinema Program at the IMAGES Retail Forum.
- 2019-20: Indian Content Leadership Awards for Content Enterprise of the Year; Best Content in an Experiential Marketing Campaign; Best Content in a Digital Media Campaign by a Retail Enterprise; Best Content in a Digital Media Campaign by a Media/Entertainment Enterprise and Best Content in a Performance-Driven Mobile Campaign.
- 2019-20: Masters of Modern Marketing Awards and Conference (mCube Awards) for Multi-Channel Campaign; Content in Email Marketing Campaign; Best Experiential Marketing Campaign; digital Campaign by a
- 2019-20: Media/Entertainment Enterprise; and Best Content in a Mobile Marketing Campaign
- 2019-20: PVR - Investor Relations won Most Outstanding Company in India - Media Sector, in the 2019 Asiamoney Asia’s Outstanding Companies Poll.
- 1997: Opened first cinema in Delhi.
- 2003: Received first private equity investment.
- 2006: Listed on the stock exchanges.
- 2012: Acquired Cinemax Cinemas.
- 2016: Acquired DT Cinemas.
- 2016: Crossed over 500 screens.
- 2018: Acquired SPI Cinemas.
- 2018: Crossed over 700 screens.
- 2019: Crossed over 800 screens.
- 2019: Raised Rs 500 crore through qualified institutional placement.
- 2019: Expanded footprints in Sri Lanka.
- 2020: Raised Rs 300 crore through Right issue (Subscribed more than 2 times).
|Parent Organisation||PVR Ltd.||Managing Director||Ajay Bijli|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|