About the Company
Pritish Nandy Communications (PNCL) incorporated in 1993, is in the business of acquiring content and producing movies. PNCL is amongst the first companies to introduce corporate system in Hindi cinema industry.
Pritish Nandy Communications is one of the first corporate entities in Bollywood. Founded by Pritish Nandy, well known poet and journalist, PNC has been professionally managed from its very inception. It was one of the first media and entertainment companies to go public in 2000, when it listed on India’s two best known stock exchanges, the BSE and the NSE, where it is among the few listed stocks in the sector. Well known global funds like Soros, Oppenheimer, Alliance and Lloyd George hold PNC stock.
The company has grown consistently over the 18 years of its existence. It has won many awards for its management excellence and is the first company in the movie business to pursue corporate excellence goals and targets. At the same time, it nurtures talent and has launched some of the biggest names in the creativity business.
PNCL is a vision of Pritish Nandy, who is wellknown author, journalist, editor and TV host and poet. The company began as a TV content boutique and its first show, The Pritish Nandy Show, India’s first signature chat show, was a spectacular success. It is among the first companies in India to go public and get listed in BSE and NSE. PNC is India’s first and only ISO 9001:2000 certified Movie Company.
Content- The company has presence in all area of of content business such as music CD’s, cassettes, DVD and broadband.
Spa- The company also operates spa business under the brand name Moksh, through its subsidiary. Moksh is India’s first entertainment-driven wellness place. Moksh owns 4 yoga brands, a spa and a beauty salon.
- 2011: Most Happening Wellness Brand Award by BIG Brands Research.
- 2010: Superbrand award for being ranked in the top 10% of all brands across all segments and all categories by Superbrand.
- 2009: Glory of India Award from the Institute of Economic Studies, New Delhi by the Institute of Economic Studies and Gold Medal for Excellence from the Institute of Economic Studies, New Delhi by the Institute of Economic Studies.
- 2008: International Star Award for Quality (ISAQ) in the Gold Category at the 33rd International Star for Quality Convention held in Geneva, Switzerland by Business Initiative Directions and Karamveer Puraskar National Award for Social Justice and Citizen Action, New Delhi by iCONGO (Indian Confederation of NGOs).
- 2006: The Ramnath Goenka Award for Excellence in Cinema at the Star Screen Awardsby the Indian Express Group.
- 2005: AIMPPA Award for outstanding contribution to Indian cinema by AIMPPA and The 4th Indira Award for Brand and Marketing Excellence in Pune Indira Group of Institutes by Indira Group of Institutes.
Moksh is a wholly owned subsidiary of Pritish Nandy Communications and one of India’s leading wellness brands.
Pritish Nandy Communications was founded in September 1993. It began as a TV content boutique and its first show, The Pritish Nandy Show, India’s first signature chat show, was a spectacular success. So were the many news and entertainment shows it made over the next few years. Including its famous coverage of the Indian parliamentary elections and the biggest exit poll in history, conducted in association with The Times of India.
In 2000: Morgan Stanley lead its public offering. One of the first corporate houses in the media and entertainment sector, PNC has an immaculate track record and has produced 26 trend setting films in the past 11 years. It is today India’s hottest movie brand. It stands for new, cutting edge, commercial cinema that can compare with the best anywhere.
In 2014: The company unveiled their new brand identity. This new brand identity includes a sparkling new logo, a new symbol, new typography and an animated 3D film with a toolkit for multiple adaptations. The colors of the new brand identity however remain unchanged. PNC’s original house colours, red, black and white have been retained for continuity and immediate recall. The new brand identity celebrates the 4 cornerstones of PNC’s ideology: Courage, Imagination, Passion and Excellence. The new symbol, the Nandi bull denotes these very qualities, even as it asserts the impassioned energy that drives one of the most successful creative ventures in the Indian motion picture space.
|Parent Organization||Pritish Nandy Communications Ltd.||Managing Director|